Jump to content

Frozen Tundra

Varsity
  • Content Count

    387
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

117 Excellent

About Frozen Tundra

  • Rank
    300 Post Club

Profile Information

  • Position
    Fan
  • High School
    Columbus East
  • Location
    North Vernon
  • Gender
    Male

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. This is why we should NEVER count teams outside the top 10 that received votes as ranked teams. This is ridiculous. How the heck did Brown County receive eight votes?! John Harrell's website shows them ranked #16. https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/hs-blog/2018/10/16/weeks-associated-press-high-school-football-poll/1660417002/
  2. Frozen Tundra

    EIAC Sectional Opponents & Other Talk

    I'll be shocked if they only win by 20.
  3. Frozen Tundra

    New Pal 84 Delta 13

    The '14 New Palestine team was like the '13 Columbus East team. There was just no way they were going to get beat. They were motivated to succeed based on their past failures. East's being the two semi-state beatdowns to Cathedral in '11 and '12 and New Palestine's being the semi-state beatdown to East in '13.
  4. @Temptation Do you have to pay money to enter this thing?
  5. Frozen Tundra

    Success points

    It doesn't show it on the link but Cathedral is in 5A due to the success factor. They have two points right now based on last season's semi-state appearance. If they don't win sectionals this year then they'll drop back to 4A for the first time since the 2012 season. They left 4A after having won three straight state championships.
  6. Frozen Tundra

    Hoosier Hills Conference 2018

    So we beat East Central in week 7? That's how people get hurt...
  7. Frozen Tundra

    Hoosier Hills Conference 2018

    If you really want to get him going, just yell things like "Coach K recuits illegally!" or "Coach K has referees in his back pocket!". You'll get thrown out faster than you can say Krzyzewski.
  8. Frozen Tundra

    New Pal 84 Delta 13

    I agree with this 99% of the time but I've seen Columbus East get better and better beating weak competition by improving their fundamentals. I'm sure New Palestine can say the same. Has everything to do with the coaching in my opinion. If you don't have a coach the caliber of Bob Gaddis or Kyle Ralph then you definitely won't get better beating weak competition.
  9. Frozen Tundra

    Hoosier Hills Conference 2018

    Well apparently East football isn't doing too bad at the JV and freshman levels. They wrapped up "HHC titles" today in those levels too.
  10. Frozen Tundra

    Hoosier Hills Conference 2018

    Wow. Congrats on the win. Sounds like New Albany has never been the same since the East loss. Crazy.
  11. Frozen Tundra

    Hoosier Hills Conference 2018

    What happened exactly? The radio commentators I'm listening to didn't describe it because I don't think they saw it.
  12. Frozen Tundra

    Hoosier Hills Conference 2018

    Any word on the Speer kid? I wasn't able to make it to the game tonight but have been listening.
  13. Frozen Tundra

    Hoosier Hills Conference 2018

    Lol. Look, I hate to be that guy but it definitely has to make you consider the possibility. Knowing Coach Gaddis' mentality also plays into my curiosity because I feel like it's something he'd do if given the ability to do so.
  14. Frozen Tundra

    Hoosier Hills Conference 2018

    By the way, I'd like to get everyone's opinions regarding Columbus East's sectional draw these last four years. From the 2015 to 2018 seasons, East has been in a five-team sectional. The chances of getting a bye are 60% (3/5). Inversely, the chances of NOT getting a bye are 40% (2/5). For the last four sectional drawings, East has NEVER gotten a bye. To calculate the likelihood of that happening, you have to multiply 2/5 by itself three times (2/5 x 2/5 x 2/5 x 2/5). This gives you 16/625 which is 2.56%. So 2.56% is the likelihood that a team in a five-team sectional would have to play a first round game in four consecutive seasons. To me, the probability of this happening seems too low to consider this a coincidence. I don't know the whole "behind-the-scenes" process of the sectional drawings but I'm beginning to believe those in power might be letting coaches dictate whether or not they want to play an extra game if they are in a five team sectional. I know Coach Gaddis doesn't like to alter his schedule leading up to a game. He likes to make sure the team is doing the exact same preparations each week so that they are ready for their game on Friday. He feels like altering it in any way can negatively affect the flow/rhythm that the team is in. I've heard him say in the past that fall break week always worries him a bit because the players aren't in school and it affects their approach leading up to their game that particular Friday night. Therefore, I feel like he'd be the kind of coach that would hate to see a bye week and would want his team to play an extra game to maintain the rhythm of preparing each week (from scrimmage week to state championship week) for Friday night. What do you guys think about this? Is it a coincidence East is 0/4 in getting a bye or is it by design?
  15. Frozen Tundra

    Hoosier Hills Conference 2018

    Week 9 Predictions Columbus East at BNL: The biggest HHC match-up in years gets saved for last. Will it live up to the hype? Will the 83-game HHC winning streak and 91 game winning streak vs HHC opponents come to an end? BNL's strength is its offense. East's strength is its defense. The irresistible force meets the immovable object. I really do think BNL can win this game but I'll go with East. Has nothing to do with bias and everything to do with the old adage: "I have to see it to believe it." The Olympians win in a closer game than John Harrell thinks. Jeffersonville at Jennings County: Jeff makes the drive up to North Vernon and leaves smiling. The Red Devils get their second and final win of the season. Madison at Seymour: Basically, Seymour gets a double-bye before playing the winner of East and New Albany in the sectional semis. The key is to stay healthy in this one. The Owls win easily. New Albany at Floyd Central: The marquee rivalry in the HHC gets played for the 50th time. Floyd Central leads the series 26-23 but the Old Anchor Trophy returns to New Albany for the first time in four years. The Bulldogs win in a game that is closer than most would expect.
×