Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

S.I.A.C. 2019

8 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

This is the exact thing I’m talking about man...

like....why can’t you just let this kid do his thing without comment?  The way you talk about him is just in a condescending manner. 

There are  many things that I could say...but simply put, you’re attention seeking now that the spotlight isn’t on you and those closest to you.  And it’s about time you let these others have their opportunity to earn that spotlight without you putting them down in any way you can.

enough said 

Loss me but that’s ok.  Lots of SIAC kids deserve attention. Including Evans.  Spotlight .....lol.  Yeah sure. The PAC of wolves on the move.  Give me a break. 

I have never put the kid down. Simply pointing out more than just that kid in SIAC. 

Not my problem the kid has had issues off the field. All very well documented.  Very talented kid but there is more to a team game than the game it self. 

Please share where I’ve stolen the spotlight from players.  PLEASE 

8 hours ago, Titan32 said:

https://stats.digitalscout.com/football/boys/game/3877527   Sometimes the SIAC is great....somtimes it is not.  Sometimes teams have great players and sometimes they don't.  It goes that way most places.

Again pointing out to one of your PAC wolves that more than #8 ran up and down Coal Mine Road. 

Not sure what your post is about. 

Hart era 3-3 vs Memorial teams that had a combined 8 regular season wins in the 3 seasons. .  Way to dominate 3 not very good teams 

on the other hand...Memorials 3 wins vs teams from GS that.....never mind. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Hart era 3-3 vs Memorial teams that had a combined 8 regular season wins in the 3 seasons. .  Way to dominate 3 not very good teams 

on the other hand...Memorials 3 wins vs teams from GS that.....never mind. 

Finally we can agree!  Consistency is an admirable thing.  Sorry to side track the SIAC thread...I'll be in the PAC thread if you need me.

Edited by Titan32

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

I have never put the kid down. Simply pointing out more than just that kid in SIAC. 

Not my problem the kid has had issues off the field. All very well documented.  Very talented kid but there is more to a team game than the game it self. 

You made it 5 seconds and just continue to prove my point.

Im just gonna stop even trying to convince you to just let the kid be himself. I personally will have a great time watching Evans tear up the field starting tonight and for the next 9+ weeks.  It’s gonna be a fun season! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Finally we can agree!  Consistency is an admirable thing.  Sorry to side track the SIAC thread...I'll be in the PAC thread if you need me.

Amazing how both the PAC thread and SIAC threads can quickly get derailed.

Best of luck to the Titans and Tigers tonight. 

My biggest ? - with the running clock, will the beer in Fort Branch have proper amount of time to get cold? 😀

• Haha 2

Just now, oldtimeqb said:

My biggest ? - with the running clock, will the beer in Fort Branch have proper amount of time to get cold? 😀

:)  It stays cold at Carriage Inn!!  The quarter rule will also have a big impact on scores this season.

• Like 1

My biggest ? - with the running clock, will the beer in Fort Branch have proper amount of time to get cold? 

😀

Come on Oldtimeqb, the clocks runs after half every year, regardless of the new rule.  Brews have seemed to have stayed cold in previous years, so I wouldn't expect any big changes in that department this year.  

Edited by RangerMan

14 minutes ago, RangerMan said:

My biggest ? - with the running clock, will the beer in Fort Branch have proper amount of time to get cold? 

😀

Come on Oldtimeqb, the clocks runs after half every year, regardless of the new rule.  Brews have seemed to have stayed cold in previous years, so I wouldn't expect any big changes in that department this year.  

I know the scores have been pretty lopsided in recent years but I have nothing but respect for the Forest Park program. No matter what the score is their kids give it everything they have until the last play of the game and never anything dirty. A pure class program. I hope the new PAC structure will benefit you guys so you can contend for some small school PAC titles. Best of luck to the Rangers tonight and in the future. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Screagle said:

Combs 257 all purpose yards 

McCool 240 all purpose yards plus 18 yards per carry. 🤷🏻‍♂️   

Seemed to be a few guys running up and down the field.  

You realize McCool’s includes 83 yards on kick offs to right?  Take those special teams yards out and he had 157 yds from scrimmage....exact same as Dawson Witte....😉.  Witte wasn’t on special teams.

11 hours ago, Screagle said:

Must be more than just people judging his abilities. I think as of today’s date he has zero offers.  

again,  a great high school RB. Phenomenal??? Most phenomenal athletes get offers. JMO

Phenomenal - very remarkable, extraordinary.

Combs was phenomenal and so is Evans.  Evans had 296 yards rushing as a sophomore vs. Memorial that year.  And there was another that ran up and down Enlow that night....Pennell had 2 catches for 136 yds and took both to the house.  

A ton of phenomenal athletes don’t get offers.  Watch “Last Chance U”.

McCool 8 carries 150 yards. Lol.  

Can’t get past a regular season game in 2017.  Lmao.  STATE CHAMPS 

Last chance u.  Haha.  

Again, McCool dominated GS.  Matter of fact several tigers ran up and down the field celebrating TD after TD.  Minus our two best defensive players.  

Go back to PAC of WOLVES thread.  

Like a Central coach said...he predicted GS would finish 5th in SIAC this year.  Lol. I agreed.  

Six hundred and fifty 

Edited by Screagle

3 minutes ago, Screagle said:

McCool 8 carries 150 yards. Lol.  

Can’t get past a regular season game in 2017.  Lmao.  STATE CHAMPS 

Last chance u.  Haha.  

Again, McCool dominated GS.  Matter of fact several tigers ran up and down the field celebrating TD after TD.  Minus our two best defensive players.  

Go back to PAC of WOLVES thread.  

Like a Central coach said...he predicted GS would finish 5th in SIAC this year.  Lol. I agreed.  

Our starters played 19 plays.  We marched down the field with vanilla stuff and the JV punched it in with no issue against Central.  They had TWO big plays on our 1s including the first play of the game.  Central played the 4 studs every play and on both sides of the ball.  We played Freshman during the last two segments and then they put in their JV.  Seems Hurley and Hart take the same approach to scrimmages (both 0-8 in their tenures) and I believe you guys are better than Castle.  We also scrimmaged Castle in our team camp.  If Castle is the third best team in the SIAC as some say (even though I don't agree)...I would really like our odds to be a top three team in the SIAC team just like every other year in the Hart era.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tango said:

It really stinks that the IHSAA Success Factor snatched this rivalry away from us....  The two complete each other.    

At least for 8 years we have. Before that I didn’t realize GS had a program. Short term memory loss just north of 64

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Perfect.  See ya in 2 years.  

2 years...Memorial had a great 2 year run.  But 2 years before that they lost to Princeton.  Yea same Princeton team that GS beat by 42 that year.  No telling where you’ll be in 2 years in high school football. But yeah we’ll see you then.  

State champs....lol.  I may have access to a blue ring from 2017...😉

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Our starters played 19 plays.  We marched down the field with vanilla stuff and the JV punched it in with no issue against Central.  They had TWO big plays on our 1s including the first play of the game.  Central played the 4 studs every play and on both sides of the ball.  We played Freshman during the last two segments and then they put in their JV.  Seems Hurley and Hart take the same approach to scrimmages (both 0-8 in their tenures) and I believe you guys are better than Castle.  We also scrimmaged Castle in our team camp.  If Castle is the third best team in the SIAC as some say (even though I don't agree)...I would really like our odds to be a top three team in the SIAC team just like every other year in the Hart era.

You came back.  I knew you couldn’t stay away from SIAC thread.  I can promise I won’t be on PAC thread for minimum of 2 years. Or is it a Gibson Southern thread and you better not say anything negative or the PAC of wolves will attack

1 minute ago, Titan20 said:

2 years...Memorial had a great 2 year run.  But 2 years before that they lost to Princeton.  Yea same Princeton team that GS beat by 42 that year.  No telling where you’ll be in 2 years in high school football. But yeah we’ll see you then.  

State champs....lol.  I may have access to a blue ring from 2017...😉

You forgot 3 years ago and your missing 4 trips to state under Hurley.  2 years.  Lmao.  Only remember what you want.  

1 minute ago, Screagle said:

You came back.  I knew you couldn’t stay away from SIAC thread.  I can promise I won’t be on PAC thread for minimum of 2 years. Or is it a Gibson Southern thread and you better not say anything negative or the PAC of wolves will attack

Sorry....keep GS our of your mouth for 5 seconds and I won't be back LOL.  I'm going back to fight with HH now!  SEE YA!

• Haha 1

Just now, Titan32 said:

Sorry....keep GS our of your mouth for 5 seconds and I won't be back LOL.  I'm going back to fight with HH now!  SEE YA!

Now that made me laugh. Could you check that PAC thread and let me know I’d i commented!? Seems The PAC of Wolves are all over the board

2 minutes ago, Screagle said:

You forgot 3 years ago and your missing 4 trips to state under Hurley.  2 years.  Lmao.  Only remember what you want.  

Or I can bring up 2014 when I think it was 50-3 GS at some point in the 3rd quarter....and a lot of Titans were scoring TD after TD

Yes u can.  I own that.  Great win vs a 2 win SIAC team.  4 trips to state 

kinda like Witte’s 75 yards and TD vs JV in 4th quarter!  Again only remember what you want.

I’m honestly surprised where Gibson Southern is after only having a football program for eight years. Phenomenal growth.  

Edited by Screagle

5 minutes ago, Screagle said:

kinda like Witte’s 75 yards and TD vs JV in 4th quarter!  Again only remember what you want.

Actually you were 4-3 in the SIAC that year. :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Screagle said:

I’m honestly surprised where Gibson Southern is after only having a football program for eight years. Phenomenal growth.  

Please see Jack Jewell years...thanks.