Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

S.I.A.C. 2019

1 minute ago, Screagle said:

Yes u can.  I own that.  Great win vs a 2 win SIAC team.  4 trips to state 

kinda like Witte’s 75 yards and TD vs JV in 4th quarter!  Again only remember what you want.

Ok!  That's enough.  It was a critical 8 yd. pass play with 40.7 seconds left in the season to cut the deficit to 28 points.  

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Please see Jack Jewell years...thanks.

We only had one match-up with the legendary coach.  November 8, 1985.  Sectional 24 Championship.

35 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

Or I can bring up 2014 when I think it was 50-3 GS at some point in the 3rd quarter....and a lot of Titans were scoring TD after TD

Maybe should have saved a few of them for 2 weeks later...  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Screagle said:

You are correct, I was thinking 2012 when GS needed OT to beat the 2 SIAC win tigers. Sorry 

Only needed 2 quarters a week later to beat the #2 3A in the state.....and then we had our first date with chatard lol. What a whooping that was. 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Only needed 2 quarters a week later to beat the #2 3A in the state.....and then we had our first date with chatard lol. What a whooping that was. 

That regional game might be in the Top 10 of craziest IN HS football games.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tango said:

That regional game might be in the Top 10 of craziest IN HS football games.  

If it wasn’t for a squib kick that magically domed the kid in the head and bounced right back to us to open the second half, I’m not sure that comeback would have ever happened. The momentum shift from that really changed the way the game was going.  The defense played their best 2 quarters of their lives too. I believe we held them to just 56 yards in the second half and no scores 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Screagle said:

You are correct, I was thinking 2012 when GS needed OT to beat the 2 SIAC win tigers. Sorry 

Oh!  our 2012 team that trailed by 31 to North Posey in a loss and 35 to Southridge at half in a loss.  But came together at the end of the year to provide a magical run. 

28 minutes ago, Sacked said:

That's great and all but what does this really mean? Memorial started playing football in 1925. They should have a lot of wins. What is their W/L percentage? 

563-371-18

13 sectionals/ 7 for Hurley

9 regionals/ 4 for Hurley

4 SS/ 4 for Hurley 

1 State Title.  Hurley. 

Obviously I left off mythical crap. 

I will sit patiently and wait for you to post the history of Titan football. Please go back past 2012.  

• Like 1

GS

259-217

3 sectionals 3 regionals 

HH 

403-125

12 sectionals, 9 regionals 

2 SS 1 state

SR

313-202

9 sectionals, 6 regionals 

4 SS , 1 state. 

Hmmmm 🤷🏻‍♂️

I lied, I couldn’t wait patiently.  

Edited by Screagle

33 minutes ago, Screagle said:

563-371-18

13 sectionals/ 7 for Hurley

9 regionals/ 4 for Hurley

4 SS/ 4 for Hurley 

1 State Title.  Hurley. 

Obviously I left off mythical crap. 

I will sit patiently and wait for you to post the history of Titan football. Please go back past 2012.  

Sorry Screagle. I really didn't mean that as a dig towards your team. I guess it is nice to give recognition to some of the oldest football schools in the state but it is really apples to oranges. The only way to truly measure the winningest teams in Indiana is by W/L percentage just because of how long schools have been playing. Just for the record, Memorial has a better W/L percentage out of them and GS. 

No dig taken. Friendly testosterone banter.  At end of day we all love Friday night lights.  I will miss the small town sectional atmosphere.  Hopefully you guys are still 3A when we get back. 

I think Reitz, Memorial, GS and HH should start a thread.  Passionate fans that like to jab and talk.  😂

Happy teams from the PAC and SIAC have finally caused people to realize football is played at a high level south of Indy 

All in good fun, sir!  

Good luck to all SW Indiana teams. Hope all players come out healthy tonight.  

• Thanks 1

Anyone know how Central did? Asking for a friend from the PAC. Heard they were killing it on offense. 

On 8/16/2019 at 10:26 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

From what I’m seeing in the twitter verse....Central is definitely the favorite...and that Evans kid y’all have been arguing about....yeah...have fun stopping that kid 😂  RIP SIAC defenses 

Hope we can get the Terre Haute South game tape.  🤷🏻‍♂️  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Anyone know how Central did? Asking for a friend from the PAC. Heard they were killing it on offense. 

Yeah just saw the highlights. You’ve got to be kidding me. Highest ranked opponent South has ever beaten in football 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Man you are so petty. I swear. You really had to go back and pull that up  😂😂😂 

Its whatever man. You pound that drum as loud as you want 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Man you are so petty. I swear. You really had to go back and pull that up  😂😂😂 

Its whatever man. You pound that drum as loud as you want 

Go back to PAC thread. PAC of Wolves 

9 hours ago, Titan20 said:

That might bite you in the ass!

Or the unsportsmanlike conducts bit them in the ass.  Troll. 

Edited by Screagle

22 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Go back to PAC thread. PAC of Wolves 

Sooo you want me to go “back” to the PAC thread to discuss Evansville Centrals team?  As if I’m only allowed to be in the PAC threads....and as if you are getting pretty uncomfortable that someone is pointing out that you, as a grown man, lack the decency to not publicly put down high school kids....so I can’t be around.

Gotcha man.  Guess it’s too much to ask you to grow up and be a civil adult. You keep talking trash about 16,17, 18 year old boys though. I’m sure that’s a good look among your friends 

• Confused 1

Anyone at Reitz game? Did I see almost 40 pass attempts and only 7 points

Central only scores 12 but collects 4 unsportsmanlike penalties 

Castle went as I expected 

Thoughts on Bosse? Sounded like they played decent 

Memorial went as I expected. Best defense Hurley’s ever had. Offense sharp as usual 

Is the North score a shocker? How is Princeton? 

I suspect with all the new faces in SIAC it will take a few weeks to figure the teams out. And it wouldn’t shock me if several teams have 3 or more losses in regular season. More balance this year.  

Huge wakeup for Central. Guessing it will help them unless they continue racking up selfish penalties.  

3 hours ago, Panther86 said:

Most likely so.  And they have a much tougher opponent next week.  A usally big and hard hitting Owensboro Sr. team.

My understanding is 1-2 players were not allowed to participate. So the Bears were not at full strength.