Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

S.I.A.C. 2019

Expect a big game from Castle tonight. They take pride in dominating the scrimmage with starters as much as possible and then finishing 3-4 in SIAC.  I see 10-15 plays max for Memorials starters. Maybe less for several on defense.  

Did what I thought they would do.  Starting D played about 8 plays together and 3rd string RB carried the load. I think last year Castle scored 10 times. Wilkerson caught 3 TDs vs backup jv kids. When Pence can run and McCool and Combs carry the load the offense will be fine.  That 1st D series Castle would have been punting after 3 plays. Second series Memorial gets a sack and pick.  Starters out after that.  Hurley is 0-12 in scrimmage games.  

I think I called it on my post 9 hours ago!

Edited by Screagle

On 8/14/2019 at 7:12 PM, Evansville50 said:

I continue to hear good things about Bosse.  Would be nice to see them have some success. The more I hear it’s Central and maybe really competitive for the rest. 

EA0B1924-BF9F-496F-90C1-6B38EE62ED62.png

Bosse always has athletes, if they could ever get the numbers to come out that probably would be the biggest boost for them to move up the ladder.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

From what I’m seeing in the twitter verse....Central is definitely the favorite...and that Evans kid y’all have been arguing about....yeah...have fun stopping that kid 😂  RIP SIAC defenses 

Not denying their ability but you still need an O line now matter how good.  Plus cant go back to getting 4 and 5 personal fouls a game like 2 years ago.  Thats ultimately what done them in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach said:

I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere.. but can someone tell me where the Mater Dei Whiting game is taking place? Those schools are over 5 hours apart.. is one school really making that whole drive for a regular season game? Thanks in advance. 

Yep, unless they're flying....  8/31 in Evansville at 4pm local time.  

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 10:26 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

From what I’m seeing in the twitter verse....Central is definitely the favorite...and that Evans kid y’all have been arguing about....yeah...have fun stopping that kid 😂  RIP SIAC defenses 

Here's the big question...  Many felt last year it was addition by subtraction at Central.... Will this year be subtraction by addition?  Central was much more disciplined last year than the previous umpteen years.  Lots of talk about the new coach also demanding discipline.  Time will tell....

2 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

crazy

It has always been tough to find non-conference opponents for teams down here in SW IND.  It's the main reason the SIAC added Jasper and Vincennes starting in 2020.

4 minutes ago, tango said:

Here's the big question...  Many felt last year it was addition by subtraction at Central.... Will this year be subtraction by addition?  Central was much more disciplined last year than the previous umpteen years.  Lots of talk about the new coach also demanding discipline.  Time will tell....

It has always been tough to find non-conference opponents for teams down here in SW IND.  It's the main reason the SIAC added Jasper and Vincennes starting in 2020.

Fair. That'll be the full regular season schedule, correct? 

Dumfries that’s the beauty of the SIAC.  Evans is certainly a great player but the RB from there last year was as good if not better. Their OL and DL was arguably the best of any not 6A. I’d rather Evans be back then that OL and DL.  SIAC is full of RBs that would have you saying, “have fun stopping him!” Case and point....Finn McCool ran up and down The Jewel like he owned it last year. I’m not sure he was in the top 3 or 4 backs in SIAC last year.  Athletes all over the SIAC. Just ask Boonville about Bosse.  A 1 win team that got smashed in SIAC took Boonville to the shed for 3 quarters. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

Fair. That'll be the full regular season schedule, correct? 

Yes.  Starting next year the SIAC will have no non-conference games.  As much of a challenge as it was (for us Wk. 2), I'll miss not seeing someone different every few years.  Ironically, for a while we were playing Jasper and Vincennes Lincoln in non-conference.

17 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Dumfries that’s the beauty of the SIAC.  Evans is certainly a great player but the RB from there last year was as good if not better. Their OL and DL was arguably the best of any not 6A. I’d rather Evans be back then that OL and DL.  SIAC is full of RBs that would have you saying, “have fun stopping him!” Case and point....Finn McCool ran up and down The Jewel like he owned it last year. I’m not sure he was in the top 3 or 4 backs in SIAC last year.  Athletes all over the SIAC. Just ask Boonville about Bosse.  A 1 win team that got smashed in SIAC took Boonville to the shed for 3 quarters. 

Had two good downfield blocks by the QB on one of those long runs...  LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Screagle said:

What????  Evans is better than anyone Central had last year.  Not close.  And only person I seen running up and down at Jewell wore #8.

I do remember the year Memorial won state, that same Mr. Evans ran ALL over Enlow. 

Edited by Titan20

No one has created a thread for the PAC in the Pick'Em Club. Link: 

Here are my Week 1 winners, if anyone decides to create a thread in that forum (or run it here until then ... I have enough on my plate):

Bloomington South (toss-up, I'll take the home team)
Central (swing and bubble passes, nothing between the tackles or more than a three-step drop)
New Albany (says Sagarin)
Memorial (all Tigers)
North (even though it's a road game, the Gibson Southern insiders tell me Princeton was overhyped in local media)
Reitz (don't disappoint me)
Vincennes (interesting, mistake-prone Bosse fights hard but takes the loss)

3 hours ago, Titan20 said:

What????  Evans is better than anyone Central had last year.  Not close.  And only person I seen running up and down at Jewell wore #8.

I do remember the year Memorial won state, that same Mr. Evans ran ALL over Enlow. 

Yes he did.  Put on a show.  But thanks for reminding me of that state title.  

Edited by Screagle

i get that there is a lot of dislike for Evans for  various reasons but the kid can straight up ball.  Nothing against anyone else in the SIAC but from what I have seen here and heard, People just don’t like him or his family. And that’s fine if you are in that belief....But that is the only thing that is stopping people from saying without doubt he is the best athlete on the field every weekend.  

It’s actually pretty clear to see that people want to judge his football abilities based off of what is going on around him rather than just admit he is a phenomenal athlete. 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

3 hours ago, Titan20 said:

Combs 257 all purpose yards 

McCool 240 all purpose yards plus 18 yards per carry. 🤷🏻‍♂️   

Seemed to be a few guys running up and down the field.  

6 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

i get that there is a lot of dislike for Evans for  various reasons but the kid can straight up ball.  Nothing against anyone else in the SIAC but from what I have seen here and heard, People just don’t like him or his family. And that’s fine if you are in that belief....But that is the only thing that is stopping people from saying without doubt he is the best athlete on the field every weekend.  

It’s actually pretty clear to see that people want to judge his football abilities based off of what is going on around him rather than just admit he is a phenomenal athlete. 

Must be more than just people judging his abilities. I think as of today’s date he has zero offers.  

again,  a great high school RB. Phenomenal??? Most phenomenal athletes get offers. JMO

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Combs 257 all purpose yards 

McCool 240 all purpose yards plus 18 yards per carry. 🤷🏻‍♂️   

Seemed to be a few guys running up and down the field.  

https://stats.digitalscout.com/football/boys/game/3877527   Sometimes the SIAC is great....somtimes it is not.  Sometimes teams have great players and sometimes they don't.  It goes that way most places.

22 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Must be more than just people judging his abilities. I think as of today’s date he has zero offers.  

again,  a great high school RB. Phenomenal??? Most phenomenal athletes get offers. JMO

This is the exact thing I’m talking about man...

like....why can’t you just let this kid do his thing without comment?  The way you talk about him is just in a condescending manner. 

There are  many things that I could say...but simply put, you’re attention seeking now that the spotlight isn’t on you and those closest to you.  And it’s about time you let these others have their opportunity to earn that spotlight without you putting them down in any way you can.

enough said