Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Titan32

Forest Park (0-0) at Gibson Southern (0-0)

Just now, Patriot74 said:

18!!!!!!  Have you no heart, no soul. 

More soul than pounding them relentlessly with the BONE! and 5 lead blockers....this hurts MUCH less!

Okay on a serious note:

Gibson Southern 63        Forest Park 0

Over and under on pass attempts is 19.  I'll take the over!

9 minutes ago, Patriot74 said:

Okay on a serious note:

Gibson Southern 63        Forest Park 0

Over and under on pass attempts is 19.  I'll take the over!

I'll go with 56-0 and the over.

What I'm reading is FP shouldn't show up and play GS and HH.  I get it, FP is not the powerhouse in the conference, they are a basketball school.  They are a small 2A school, (5 away from being 1A). It's tough to compete with the powerhouses and the football schools.  Heck, GS and HH may be better off playing their JV teams, who knows.  I can promise you though, the FP coaches and players work their ass off week in and week out, just as any other programs.  When you have 40 players and 9 or 10 guys going both ways, it's gonna be tougher to compete, especially when you play teams that have minimal or no players going both ways.   I know there was a comment made that if a team is running it all over you, shame of their defense and DC.  I don't think anyone goes into a game wanting to get the ball ran over them or thrown all over the field on them.  Sometimes you just don't have the athletes. Heck, sometimes you just don't have coaches. Coach Fuhs is the only teacher in the corporation that teaches.  He has been at practice by himself to get it started before. Hard to be successful that way, also.  It is what it is.  This isn't a feel sorry for FP post, just facts are facts.  Best of luck to all teams on Friday and stay healthy!  Look forward to a great year in the conference and hopefully some teams playing in Indy on Thanksgiving weekend!

Guest PAC FAN

I will add my two cents....I have watched ALL of the local football previews and in every player interview-  I saw excitement and eagerness from the players to put their hard work to the test on Friday nights....its what high school kids do....now as adults...lets act like adults...as for the games itself...the object is to score the most points to win. The only team I have ever saw of recent to intentionally fall down on a play to avoid scoring was HH...we didn't need to score again... we wanted to watch that clock slowly expire to 00:00 and preserve a sweet win in a hostile environment.

7 minutes ago, RangerMan said:

What I'm reading is FP shouldn't show up and play GS and HH.  I get it, FP is not the powerhouse in the conference, they are a basketball school.  They are a small 2A school, (5 away from being 1A). It's tough to compete with the powerhouses and the football schools.  Heck, GS and HH may be better off playing their JV teams, who knows.  I can promise you though, the FP coaches and players work their ass off week in and week out, just as any other programs.  When you have 40 players and 9 or 10 guys going both ways, it's gonna be tougher to compete, especially when you play teams that have minimal or no players going both ways.   I know there was a comment made that if a team is running it all over you, shame of their defense and DC.  I don't think anyone goes into a game wanting to get the ball ran over them or thrown all over the field on them.  Sometimes you just don't have the athletes. Heck, sometimes you just don't have coaches. Coach Fuhs is the only teacher in the corporation that teaches.  He has been at practice by himself to get it started before. Hard to be successful that way, also.  It is what it is.  This isn't a feel sorry for FP post, just facts are facts.  Best of luck to all teams on Friday and stay healthy!  Look forward to a great year in the conference and hopefully some teams playing in Indy on Thanksgiving weekend!

All the respect in the world for Coach Fuhs!  We should have taken our HH/GS banter to another thread....I apologize for any disrespect!  Sometimes we get blinded by our love for each other...sorry about that.

• Upvote 1

Guest PAC FAN

FP is a first class program and their staff and athletes need to be treated as such!

As I said,  my post was NOT a feel sorry post, just facts are facts.  I can promise you, Coach Fuhs and (all the coaches and players) would give anything to make FP successful again. He is used to winning after playing/coaching at Southridge.  He stays around to help at MS practices, he is always at the youth fields, flag games, etc.  Two years ago they were 5-4 in the regular season, pretty respectful. Last year was rebuilding.  Sometimes when you don't have the numbers/athletes, it's hard to compete. As I said, I love PAC football and root like hell for the teams when they are playing non-conference schools/in the tourney.  I'm glad FP got football 10 years ago (we wouldn't have had 2 professional players either- Ben Braunecker- Chicago Bears and Grant Welp played in Sweden), hopefully they can get back to winning!  

Edited by RangerMan

I have always liked Playing Forest Park. Over the years they have had some pretty good athletes but what I really like about them is that they never quit playing. Doesn't matter if they are up or down, they play every snap all out. Good luck to the Rangers on Friday night!

Edited by TitanPride

6 minutes ago, RangerMan said:

Calm down there RangerMan.  Lord have mercy, not sure if you read from the beginning of the post or not.  This conversation was in support of your team, and the fact that no football team or coach should ever do things, in this case throw the ball/run up the score, against a lesser opponent.  

Nothing was ever said about Coach Fuhs, or how hard he works, or for that matter how hard your kids work.  I know Coach Fuhs and I think with what he has be given he has done a fantastic job!!  

The fact is this: sometimes the "haves" are better than the "have-nots" and therefore when better teams play the lesser ones the scores can be lopsided.  This whole conversation was about that fact and how to alleviate that situation for the lesser of the two teams.  

Yes I did say something about a DC......and I mean it.  His job is to stop the opposing team by coaching his kids.  If he cannot do that then something should be done about it, especially if the opposing team understands the difference in talent, and does something like running the football 75% of the time.   

I'm calm, I promise. I did read from the beginning, it was how many points are scored on FP, how many passes are thrown and how not to run up the score.  While I do understand what you're saying about stopping the run, if you put 6 or 7 guys on the line, then they will pass. Or, break through the first line, no help behind to stop the run. Or, put 11 guys in the box, then get burnt on pass plays.  I'm with you, I wish we could stop the run better.   It's like the old saying " if you don't like it, get better."  Sometimes, it's not that easy.  It's  not about the X's & O's, it's the Jimmy and Joes in some cases. Hopefully, that won't be the case this year. Time shall tell. Best of luck! 

I have a ton of friends in Ferdinand and we just had this discussion the other night at church.  One big fat problem(that RangerMan has hit on) that we discussed the other night was the pool of kids.  You have all those fall sports and only so many boys to play football.  There just isn't that many kids.  

Can you win in the postseason with 30 or 40 kids?  Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can :)......

But the program is just a decade old.

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

GS 62 FP 0

IMG_6042.PNG

I guess I was wrong on my over prediction................but real close on the score!!!!  Ha

You were definitely close on your prediction!!   Kudos to the Titans.   They are as good as advertised.   It was 14 to 0 with about eight minutes to go in the second quarter and the wheels fell off for the Rangers.  Couple turnovers the Titans scored in just a couple plays  each time.   The Ranger offense struggled to move the ball, obviously, as you can see from the stats.  The defense did have some stops early on, but could not keep up the pace.   Best of luck the rest of the season to Gibson! 

Edited by RangerMan
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RangerMan said:

You were definitely close on your prediction!!   Kudos to the Titans.   They are as good as advertised.   It was 14 to 0 with about eight minutes to go in the second quarter and the wheels fell off for the Rangers.  Couple turnovers the Titans scored in just a couple plays  each time.   The Ranger offense struggled to move the ball, obviously, as you can see from the stats.  The defense did have some stops early on, but could not keep up the pace.   Best of luck the rest of the season to Gibson! 

Listening to the radio broadcast, Forest Park held their own for a little bit, but you can tell that depth played a huge roll in the outcome.  I recall 3 or 4 times there was a Forest Park player hurt with what appeared to be cramping.  Around the time those issues started coming, GS really opened up the game quickly.  

GS has a lot of work ahead of them....they have a really solid team, but there are a lot of mental errors it seams.  Dropped passes, FG snaps a little off base, defense is great but occasionally lets a big play develop.  If GS wants to compete with the likes of SR, HH for the PAC and Memorial for the sectional these things cant happen....but hey, its week 1 haha.  plenty of time and nobody is going to be too concerned, having full trust in the coaching staff.

11 hours ago, CS31295 said:

Listening to the radio broadcast, Forest Park held their own for a little bit, but you can tell that depth played a huge roll in the outcome.  I recall 3 or 4 times there was a Forest Park player hurt with what appeared to be cramping.  Around the time those issues started coming, GS really opened up the game quickly.  

GS has a lot of work ahead of them....they have a really solid team, but there are a lot of mental errors it seams.  Dropped passes, FG snaps a little off base, defense is great but occasionally lets a big play develop.  If GS wants to compete with the likes of SR, HH for the PAC and Memorial for the sectional these things cant happen....but hey, its week 1 haha.  plenty of time and nobody is going to be too concerned, having full trust in the coaching staff.

Not really sure what game you listened too.  FP started cramping with 3 or 4 players mid way thru 3rd quarter....GS was up 42-0 at half.  I remember 1 dropped pass.  And I'm not sure what big play you're talking about. They had 65 yards total offense.  Depth didn't play a role. 

On 8/19/2017 at 11:13 PM, Titan20 said:

Not really sure what game you listened too.  FP started cramping with 3 or 4 players mid way thru 3rd quarter....GS was up 42-0 at half.  I remember 1 dropped pass.  And I'm not sure what big play you're talking about. They had 65 yards total offense.  Depth didn't play a role. 

Why would I lie?

*rolls eyes*

https://image.prntscr.com/image/H9fXTfoSQj266_07WpIgOw.png

This one?  great defense.....then gave up a big play...then great defense.

Again why would I lie?  Why do you even have to publicly doubt what I'm saying?  Oh right....Gibson Southern is perfect....they do nothing wrong.  No room for improvement either.....Coach called, practice has been cancelled until October. 

Lol

Your attachment just listed.....

1. A run for negative 2 yards
  2. An incomplete pass
  3. A completion for 32
  4. An incomplete pass
  5. A run for 1 yard
  6. An incomplete pass
  7. A interception by GS

FP was 5 for 21 passing and rushed 18 times for Negative 4 yards.  This is for the game...including the 2nd half with the JV in during the 3rd quarter and a few freshmen in the 4th quarter.  They ran 39 plays for 65 yards total offense.  The completion listed above was to a very good 6'5" senior wideout.  

Sorry I ruffled your feathers, but your analysis of the radio broadcast wasn't what we witnessed in person.