Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mass shootings on the radar again.

swordfish

On 8/29/2019 at 5:33 AM, swordfish said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/08/28/report-el-paso-shooting-suspect-said-he-got-his-gun-from-romania-ammo-from-russia/

AUSTIN — The North Texas man who confessed to carrying out the mass shooting at an El Paso Walmart earlier this month told law enforcement he purchased his gun from overseas, according toThe Texas Tribune.

In a Texas Department of Public Safety report obtained by the Tribune, Patrick Crusius said he bought the AK-47 he allegedly used in the shooting from Romania and had it shipped to a gun retailer near his home in Allen. Crusius also said he purchased 1,000 rounds of ammunition from Russia.

Authorities in El Paso have said Crusius, 21, purchased his AK-47 legally. About 9,000 semi-automatic rifles were imported from Romania last year, the Tribune reports, with online buyers in the U.S. required to go through a federal background check. Texas law allows ammunition to be purchased online and shipped directly to the buyer's home.

In the DPS report, the suspect also underscored his previous statements that he targeted Hispanic shoppers, according to the Tribune. Crusius said he was surprised no one stopped him after the shooting. He called 911 after the incident, he added, and said he was unable to reach a dispatcher before he returned to the Walmart to surrender and was arrested by Texas Rangers.

The shooting left 22 people dead and dozens injured. Crusius faces capital murder charges, and the crime is being investigated as a possible hate crime.

HOLD THE PHONE>>>>!!!?  Background checks are supposed stop this from happening.......RIGHT?  This guy HAD a background check.....How are MORE BG checks gonna change this?

Maybe by not allowing random people to buy AKs?

57 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

not much in the MSM about Chicago this past weekend

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chicago-mayor-clashes-with-cruz

But as the mayor of Chicago says..it's Indiana's fault.......

Yes,  "commonsense guns laws"  = thumb your nose at the 2nd amendment.  Big liberals like Ms. Lightfoot support such things.

• Disdain 1

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Is it wrong that I find this funny?

I suppose that depends on the reason you find it funny. Do you know the answer?

Just now, Muda69 said:

Such a knee-jerk reaction by the U.S. federal government after one, albeit horrible, accident is something liberals like Gonzo wholeheartedly support. 

This is a lie. I did not support the ban on Lawn Darts, nor have I ever stated I support a ban on guns. 

10 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Have there been any more children's deaths due to lawn darts since then?

3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I suppose that depends on the reason you find it funny. Do you know the answer?

Seriously, this is not the level of analysis we’ve come to expect from you. You could make the case that banning lawn jarts has resulted in an increased risk of serious injury or death. Presumably, many of the kids who enjoyed playing lawn jarts and avoided being killed or maimed are now engaged in more dangerous pursuits, like skateboarding or eating Tide pods.

• Confused 1