Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Based on highlights last year and the news outlets, it sounds like Angola and West Noble should have good years. I'm going to guess that Garrett could challenge based on their history. As for the small, it'll be a 3 team race as usual with Busco, Central Noble, and Eastside. Busco would have to be the favorite based on last 2 years.

In the Big school division, we have about 60 kids out at Garrett. I won't do any predictions, but I think Angola is the team to beat until proven otherwise. They haven't lost a regular season game in 2 years. WN will have the  best team they've had in several years and should be very tough. Both Angola and WN have a D1 talent, which is pretty cool for our conference. The small school division, in my opinion is going to be all Busco. They are going to have some really good athletes that are going to be tough to stop. 

This weeks match-ups are:

Angola at Dekalb

Eastside at Heritage

Garrett at Prairie Heights

Goshen at Fairfield

Lakeland at Wawasee

Southern Wells at Fremont

West Noble at Central Noble 

Whitko at Churubusco

What are your thoughts and predictions?  Looking forward to a GREAT season.

My pick minus the Fairfield game:

I am going with Angola over Dekalb.  The Hornets have been on a roll, and I don't see them slowing down in this game.

Eastside over Heritage.  I think it will be close to a repeat of last year.

Garrett over PH.  Garrett only won two games last year, and PH was one of them.

Lakeland over Wawasee...I just feel like Wawasee has a ways to go to turn things around.\

Fremont over Southern Wells...Fremont actually beat Wells at the end of last season....they start this season doing that again.  

West Noble over Central Noble...rumor has it that WN will be the team to beat this year in the NECC along with Angola.

Churubusco over Whitko...Busco always starts strong...and they continue a 4th year in a row with a win over Whitko.

Edited by Fairfield02

I would say that my biggest surprise from week one was that Angola did not beat Dekalb.  I know the Hornets graduated a solid class of seniors, so maybe they're not quite what they were...or maybe Dekalb is way up this year. (I have no idea)  Any Hornets fans have some insight?  

Here are the week 2 match-ups:

Adams Central at Eastside

Angola at Leo

Central Noble at Columbia City

Churubusco at Lakeland

Fremont at Lenawee Christian (Mich.)

Dekalb at Garrett

Osceola Grace at Fairfield

Prairie Heights at Bronson (Mich)

Wawasee at West Noble 

What are your thoughts and predictions?

As I continue to talk to myself, I will go ahead and make my predictions minus the FF game:

AC 21 Eastside 14...I think it might be close, but AC has been on a roll lately.

Angola 42 Leo 41...I am going to stick with Angola and just assume that Dekalb has a pretty tough team this year. I believe this week will truly tell us a lot more about the Hornets.

Central Noble 20 Columbia City 14....going with the upset here.  CC is the favorite.

Churubusco 28 Lakeland 7....I wonder if the Lakers are down from past years, or Wawassee, who they lost to last week, is better than they have been recently.  Busco has won this one 4 out of the last 5, and I think the Eagles continue to roll.

Fremont 34 LC 21......just going with the NECC and the fact that Fremont is currently undefeated.

Dekalb 52 Garrett 21....I think the Barons are up this year.

PH 14 Bronson 28....I don't know anything about either team...this is just a hunch.

Wawasee 7 West Noble 21....West Noble has some good skilled players, and the Warriors will not be able to stop them.  West Noble wins, making it threes years in a row that they have beat their neighbors to the west.

I will add, that I feel like week 2 will tell us a lot about all of the teams out there.  We will find out who is up and who is down after these matchups.  Good luck to all teams, stay healthy and represent the NECC well.

• Like 1

It is lonely in this posting-less thread, but I will press on....here are this week match-ups:

Central Noble at Fairfield, 7 pm
Churubusco at Garrett, 7 pm
Fremont at River Valley (Mich.), 7 pm
Lakeland at Prairie Heights, 7 pm
Orchard Lake St. Mary's (Mich.) at Angola, 7 pm
West Noble at Eastside, 7 pm

Graph is credited to the John Harrell Website.

I remember when there used to be a lot of chatter about the NECC on this forum. Apparently interest in these schools has waned. That's too bad. I see Fairfield02 being the only poster week after week, so I thought I'd jump in and try to help keep the interest alive.

CN - I was happy to see  Coach Thacker get his 1st win last week, but I think Tipton's guys will have too much for FF to handle.

BUSCO - Because it's Busco

RIVER VALLEY -  Wild guess based on a total lack of knowledge

LAKELAND - A PH win over Lakeland is an extremely rare event. 

ST. MARY'S - They are traditionally a  Michigan power

WN - They may have something pretty good going on this year

• Like 1

Glad someone finally replied!

Here are my picks minus the FF game:

Busco 21 Garrett 14....I actually think it could be even closer or go the other way.  Garrett is improved from a year ago, and Busco is always tough.

River Valley 22 Fremont 7....River Valley beat Fremont last year, and I think it will continue.

OLSM 42  Angola 14......Orchard Lake typically plays Penn on this week, and they are at about that 6A level.  Big bump in strength of schedule for Angola.

West Noble 21 Eastside 20.....I think this one could go either way, so I am definitely going with the big school division.  I wouldn't be surprised if either team one.  I do think WN has some very talented athletes.

Good luck to the Falcons on Friday night! 

3 hours ago, BuscoFooty said:

Busco 35  Garrett 31  -- Would not be surprised with a Garrett W

Are you saying that because Garrett seems up, or do you think the Eagles might be vulnerable?

4 hours ago, Fairfield02 said:

West Noble 21 Eastside 20.....I think this one could go either way, so I am definitely going with the big school division.  I wouldn't be surprised if either team one.  I do think WN has some very talented athletes.

won* not one.

On 9/3/2019 at 12:11 PM, Fairfield02 said:

It is lonely in this posting-less thread, but I will press on....here are this week match-ups:

Central Noble at Fairfield, 7 pm
Churubusco at Garrett, 7 pm
Fremont at River Valley (Mich.), 7 pm
Lakeland at Prairie Heights, 7 pm
Orchard Lake St. Mary's (Mich.) at Angola, 7 pm
West Noble at Eastside, 7 pm

Graph is credited to the John Harrell Website.

Central Noble 31 Fairfield 13

Garrett 28 Churubusco 24 . (Garrett is improved) . 

Fremont 14 River Valley 7

Lakeland 35  Prairie Heights 17

Orchard Lake 38  Angola 21

West Noble 21 Eastside 20

17 hours ago, Fairfield02 said:
21 hours ago, BuscoFooty said:

Are you saying that because Garrett seems up, or do you think the Eagles might be vulnerable?

Garrett vs Busco are always tough usually pretty close games especially in Garrett.   If Garrett runs spread and throws it will be a higher scoring game than usual.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BuscoFooty said:

Garrett vs Busco are always tough usually pretty close games especially in Garrett.   If Garrett runs spread and throws it will be a higher scoring game than usual.

The Railroaders have not ran the spread the first 2 weeks. But you never now what surprises Coach DePew might pull out.  Might have to pull out all stops against Coach Dock's vaunted defensive schemes.

• Like 1

I feel like week 3 really told us a lot more about each team.  Here are this week's match-ups:

Friday, Sep. 13
Angola at West Noble ©, 7 pm
Eastside at Churubusco ©, 7 pm
Fairfield at Fremont, 7:30 pm
Garrett at Lakeland ©, 7 pm
Prairie Heights at Central Noble ©, 7 pm

(Chart comes from the John Harrell site)

What are your thoughts and predictions in the NECC this week?

2 hours ago, Fairfield02 said:

I feel like week 3 really told us a lot more about each team.  Here are this week's match-ups:

Friday, Sep. 13
Angola at West Noble ©, 7 pm
Eastside at Churubusco ©, 7 pm
Fairfield at Fremont, 7:30 pm
Garrett at Lakeland ©, 7 pm
Prairie Heights at Central Noble ©, 7 pm

(Chart comes from the John Harrell site)

What are your thoughts and predictions in the NECC this week?

Angola 21 West Noble 14

Busco 42 Eastside 14

Fairfield 8 Fremont 0

Garrett 28 Lakeland 21

Prairie Heights 21 Central Noble 20