Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

These are my picks minus the Fairfield game:

Angola 21 Eastside 14...I know Eastside has some speed at qb, but the Hornets have some speed on defense that will keep the Blazers in check.  

Bluffton 14  Lakeland 21...Bluffton has a much better record, but Lakeland has a stronger strength in Schedule....everything points to Bluffton winning, which is why I like the Lakers...go NECC.

Garrett 21 Central Noble 20....the early extra point that CN misses will come back to get them.  Garrett wins a close one.

Prairie Heights 7 West Noble 42..a little lopsided in this one...this game doesn't help the Charger's strength of schedule right before playoff time.  

Frontier 21 Fremont 28...again, I like the NECC in this one, and Fremont has really improved this year.  

On 10/14/2019 at 4:55 AM, Fairfield02 said:

Here are this week's match ups...what are your thoughts and predictions?  (Chart from the John Harrell site).

Friday, Oct. 18
Angola at Eastside, 7 pm
Bluffton at Lakeland, 7 pm
Churubusco at Fairfield, 7 pm
Garrett at Central Noble, 7 pm
Prairie Heights at West Noble, 7 pm

ANGOLA - This should be a close game

BLUFFTON - Bluffton is having one of the best seasons they've had in years. Lakeland isn't. But, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Lakers get this one.

BUSCO - Fairfield will be competitive, but it won't be enough

GARRETT - By 2 TDs

WN - In a blowout to complete their undefeated season in style

FREMONT - A major improvement by Fremont this year, and I don't know anything about Frontier

Here is the sectional NECC match-ups for round one.  What are your thoughts and predictions?  What's cool is that no NECC team is playing each other in round one.  I like it when it happens that way.  Chart provided by the John Harrell website.  

Friday, Oct. 25
Angola at Leo, 7 pm
Garrett at Jimtown, 7:30 pm
Lakeland at Marian, 7 pm
West Noble at Glenn, 7 pm
Whitko at Prairie Heights, 7 pm
Fairfield at Bluffton, 7 pm
Central Noble at Bishop Luers, 7 pm
Eastside at Woodlan, 7 pm
Southwood at Churubusco, 7 pm
Fremont at North Miami, 7 pm

Here is the sectional NECC match-ups for round one.  What are your thoughts and predictions?  What's cool is that no NECC team is playing each other in round one.  I like it when it happens that way.  Chart provided by the John Harrell website.  

Friday, Oct. 25
Angola at Leo, 7 pm
Lakeland at Marian, 7 pm

My picks minus the Fairfield game:

Angola 14 Leo 21....I feel that it is always hard to beat a team twice in the same season.  For that reason, this one will be closer, but Leo will win.

Garrett 7 Jimtown 28....Unfortunately for Garrett, Jimtown's strength of schedule will have them playing well in their 3A sectional.

Lakeland 0 Marian 35....Marian has played very well this year, and they are not 8-1 by accident.  Too tough for the Lakers.

West Noble 28 John Glenn 0....John Glenn will have a hard time scoring on this stellar defense.  

Whitko 14 Prairie Heights 27....I just have a feeling that the Panthers are a lot better than the Wildcats.

Central Noble 14 FW Luers 28....it would be awesome if it were close, but even a struggling Luers team is tough in only 2A football.

Eastside 35 Woodlan 6....Eastside finally gets the Woodlan monkey off of their backs.

Southwood 27 Churubusco 28 Double OT...on paper it looks like Southwood is the better team....but I like Busco at home, with the truck smoke, porkburgers, and Porkrinder leading the way.  The undefeated season ends for the Knights.

Fremont 20  North Miami 14...again, I am trying to give the NECC some love here...on paper it looks like North Miami might have a better shot at this one...but I am pulling for the NECC.

Edited by Fairfield02

On 10/21/2019 at 8:40 PM, Fairfield02 said:

Friday, Oct. 25
Angola at Leo, 7 pm
Lakeland at Marian, 7 pm

LEO - It probably won't be close

JIMTOWN -  Garrett may hang with them for awhile

MARIAN - A long difficult season comes to an end for the Lakers. 

WEST NOBLE - The Chargers season continues

PRAIRIE HTS - The Panthers get a rare sectional victory

BLUFFTON - A close game

LUERS - Luers is down, but CN has no chance

EASTSIDE - Moving on to the 2nd round

SOUTHWOOD - I'm afraid Busco is running into a buzz saw

NORTH MIAMI - Tough game to call. Could go either way

On 10/28/2019 at 6:13 AM, Fairfield02 said:

Here is who is still playing in the NECC for Sectional round 2!  What are your thoughts and predictions? (Chart from the John Harrell page).

Friday, Nov. 1
Marian at West Noble, 7 pm
Prairie Heights at Fairfield, 7 pm
Bishop Luers at Eastside, 7 pm

MARIAN - I really want to pick the Chargers, but I can't. I hope I'm wrong, but a great season comes to an end for the Chargers

FAIRFIELD - The Falcons are going to the sectional championship game. What a great turn around it's been this season.

EASTSIDE - Luers is a shell of what they once were. I think Eastside will get them in a close game

On 10/30/2019 at 1:33 PM, ExCoach said:

MARIAN - I really want to pick the Chargers, but I can't. I hope I'm wrong, but a great season comes to an end for the Chargers

FAIRFIELD - The Falcons are going to the sectional championship game. What a great turn around it's been this season.

EASTSIDE - Luers is a shell of what they once were. I think Eastside will get them in a close game

Here is a link to the live broadcast  Luers v. Eastside game, if you don't have it and want it: