Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Numbers: How many going out?

30 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Not sure about numbers, we've had two schools cancel lower level games due to numbers. These are Frosh/C team.

I just had a JV game cancellation. 

3 hours ago, NPFB said:

Hey DannEllenwood, what week is that cancellation?  We might be able to pick you up.

I am an official now. Thanks for the offer. 

Would like to see the numbers on the following schools :

South Newton 

Gary West

Frankfort

Hammond Clark

Park Tudor

Gary Roosevelt

Lake Station

Caston

Fairfield

22 minutes ago, CoachByers said:

We currently have 67 on the roster at Frankfort... with school just starting we have a few more guys getting physicals this week and next

Nice

Is that 9-12?

What are your goals for the upcoming season?

Edited by DT

Thanks! Yes it’s 9-12... we are  looking to improve on the foundation we started last year and be competitive with everyone we play this season... it is a process to turn a program around and we are still pretty young (the bulk of our team is Sophomores and Juniors) but our guys are buying in and working really hard. Our staff is extremely excited for this season and the future of Frankfort football

• Like 8

8 hours ago, CoachByers said:

Thanks! Yes it’s 9-12... we are  looking to improve on the foundation we started last year and be competitive with everyone we play this season... it is a process to turn a program around and we are still pretty young (the bulk of our team is Sophomores and Juniors) but our guys are buying in and working really hard. Our staff is extremely excited for this season and the future of Frankfort football

Good luck this season Coach.   Hope to see you and the boys get some momentum and move that program forward.   I will remove Frankfort from my contraction watch list.   

Just now, Impartial_Observer said:

I'm sure this is a relief for most everyone.

It is what it is

Contraction is a real issue

I've seen several lower level game cancellations already reading thru the various forum threads. 

This is sure to continue

Truth is for whatever reason many students are not going out for a variety of sports at a lot of schools.  Some of it may be new family dynamics, school culture, etc.. Football is not the only sport, a lot of Baseball programs can not field a jv team anymore.  It is really concerning to me.  I don't think contraction is the best approach, I would rather give kids more opportunities, but if they aren't willing to participate, what are schools to do?  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DT said:

Would like to see the numbers on the following schools :

South Newton 

Gary West

Frankfort

Hammond Clark

Park Tudor

Gary Roosevelt

Lake Station

Caston

Fairfield

South Newton has 24 kids out. Only 1 Senior, so please do not contract yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

I just had a JV game cancellation. 

I think I know where that was from...

3 hours ago, CoachDurham said:

South Newton has 24 kids out. Only 1 Senior, so please do not contract yet.

SN football, just like all sports in God's country, is very cyclical...

Edited by Gipper

Saw a team picture of South Bend Clay football team on twitter.  They have 29 players in the picture and 7 coaches.   A great 4.1/1 player to coach ratio.  The players should get a lot of individual instruction.  Clay should be added to the list for contraction.  DT I'm with you 100% on contrtaction.

• Disdain 1

13 minutes ago, johnny U said:

Saw a team picture of South Bend Clay football team on twitter.  They have 29 players in the picture and 7 coaches.   A great 4.1/1 player to coach ratio.  The players should get a lot of individual instruction.  Clay should be added to the list for contraction.  DT I'm with you 100% on contrtaction.

Any idea how many players were on the squad last year?