Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Numbers: How many going out?

12 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I'm sure this is a relief for most everyone.

Edit: Needs an NSFW tag ... forgot about the closing line.

Edited by foxbat

Hammond, Gary and South Bend are ripe for Contraction.  Clark, Clay and Roosevelt at the very least should shut down, with athletes moving on to other schools in their respective city.  All in the name of progress and improved competitive balance.  Addition by subtraction.

11 hours ago, JQWL said:

Pike Central's coach told me yesterday he thought he would end up with 30 kids. I'm not sure what they normally have but hopefully this will keep DT from circling Petersburg.

That's great news because someone on Twitter posted on July 25th they had less then 20 but that was before the official start of practice.

Last season Pike had 36 grades 9-12 on the Varsity Roster and only 6 were Seniors.

26 minutes ago, kingtut said:

Linton has 56

Hey really random question - but I was looking up something on Linton the other day and came across a headline in the Greene County paper that said the Linton-Stockton football team was placed on probation by the IHSAA for the 2008-2009 year?? I don't have a subscription so I couldn't read the rest of the article - just curious as to what infraction took place and what exactly the probation entailed? 

Based on the team photo that was posted to their football twitter account, it looks like there are 65 on the Varsity roster (10th-12th) for Warsaw this season. I counted 19 seniors in their group picture. I cannot confirm, but I believe I heard there was potentially 30-40 on the freshman team roster.

5 hours ago, jets said:

Hey really random question - but I was looking up something on Linton the other day and came across a headline in the Greene County paper that said the Linton-Stockton football team was placed on probation by the IHSAA for the 2008-2009 year?? I don't have a subscription so I couldn't read the rest of the article - just curious as to what infraction took place and what exactly the probation entailed? 

Coach Weber had the team practicing in full pads a day or two too early.  Someone from another nearby school reported it and the school and/or coach were placed on probation.  That was the end of it.

4 hours ago, kingtut said:

Coach Weber had the team practicing in full pads a day or two too early.  Someone from another nearby school reported it and the school and/or coach were placed on probation.  That was the end of it.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t remember reading anything about that when it took place so I knew it couldn’t have been too severe...does anything even take place when a school is put “on probation “?? 

12 hours ago, jets said:

Thanks for the reply. I don’t remember reading anything about that when it took place so I knew it couldn’t have been too severe...does anything even take place when a school is put “on probation “?? 

Double Secret Probation possibly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heritage Hills had 47 listed on the roster at the scrimmage tonight grades 10-12 ( 18 Seniors, 13 Juniors and 16 Sophomores) Included in that are 2 soccer player kicker and one exchange student.

I heard we had over 20 freshman but frosh are not listed on the varsity roster so total 9-12 would be around 70 which is big for us.

Washington had 34 listed on their roster including 7 freshman.