Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Question about GID thread policy

Don’t know about unicorns and rainbows so much. Never thought I would be agreeing with Muda on most topics he posts about.

As a former foster parent who has witnessed the devastating effect that this alleged behavior has on a young persons life I feel compelled to respond.

After all the recent examples (Penn St, Michigan St, etc) of abuse and the environment of “protect the institution” I say rip the covers off and expose the behavior. How many times do we have to hear “I told someone in authority and nothing was done”. I’m sick of people being able to continue this behavior because someone didn’t want to risk ruining someone’s reputation since he/she is one of “us”.

I understand there are people looking for a payday and that they will lie to achieve it. Yet in the overwhelming majority of these situations the allegations are true and other victims finally come forward. In the meantime the perpetrators continue their grooming of potential victims and/or move on to a new job/school and repeat their diabolical deeds. All the while leaving a trail of scarred for life human beings behind.

I do not for a minute believe it is the responsibility of GID to serve as judge/prosecutor/or jury. I do believe we have a responsibility to report such allegations and follow them through the justice system to a just end. If the allegations are false then we should give equal space to clearing the good name of the accused. If the allegations prove to be true then we should publicize the behavior in such a way that the guilty never be allowed to have an opportunity to strike again. Not only in Indiana but in ANY other location. Once their debt to society is paid I will be the first person to help them return to a productive career. Although as a very wise man said “Trust but verify”.

If one single young person in a school/church/neighborhood is spared the agony of abuse, I believe it is worth throwing open the windows and doors to the light of discussion.

I don’t know either person in this alleged incident. Neither do I live near them or this community. I’m just sick of history repeating itself due to “seeing something yet not saying something” or “I just couldn’t believe he/she would be capable of doing that”.

Thank you for allowing me to express my feelings and beliefs. Trust you will allow me to continue to be a part of this forum. God Bless All.