Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IFCA PRE SEASON POLL 2019

2019 Indiana Football Coaches Association Coaches Poll (Pre-Season)

6A

1 Carmel (3) 83

2 Warren Central (5) 79

3 Brownsburg (1) 75

4 Center Grove (1) 73

5 Avon 38

6 Penn 33

7 North Central (Indpls) 31

8 Lafayette Jeff 27

9 Columbus East 26

10 Ben Davis 25

Others receiving votes: FW Snider (16), Westfield (13), Lawrence North (8), Perry Meridian (8), Lawrence Central (5), Columbus North (1), Fishers (1)

5A

1 New Palestine (9) 99

2 Indpls Cathedral 77

3 FW Dwenger (1) 66

4 Decatur Central 61

5 Michigan City 58

6 Valparaiso 47

7 Bloomington South 38

8 Whiteland 35

9 Mishawaka 21

10 Castle 17

Others receiving votes: Concord (6), Harrison (6), Elkhart Central (5), Plainfield (4), TH North (4), LaPorte (3)

4A

1 Marion (1) 63

2 Evansville Central (3) 61

3 Mooresville 48

4 East Central 46

5 Angola 37 NorthWood (2) 37

7 New Prairie 33

8 Lowell 31 Mississnewa (1) 31

10 Evansville Reitz (1) 25

Others receiving votes: I. Roncalli {1} (23), East Noble (16), Ev. Memorial (16), Culver Academies (13), FW Wayne {1} (11), Mt. Vernon (Fortville) (8),Plymouth (8), Boonville (7), Martinsville (7, Delta (6), Northview (5), Beech Grove (3), Hobart (2), SB Riley (2), Hammond Morton (1), Pendleton Hts (1), Western (1)

2019 Indiana Football Coaches Association Coaches Poll (Pre-Season)

3A

1 West Lafayette (10) 100

2 Indpls Chatard 83

3 Indpls Brebeuf 67

4 Gibson Southern 62

5 Heritage Hills 49

6 Brownstown Central 42

7 Guerin Catholic 30

8 Mishawaka Marian 27

9 FW Concordia 18

10 Indpls Ritter 17

Others receiving votes: Lawrenceburg (13), Evansville Bosse (9), Jimtown (8), Batesville (7), Greencastle (6), Vincennes Lincoln (6), Yorktown (2), Danville (1)

2A

1 Western Boone (8) 97

2 Eastbrook 78

3 Indpls Scecina 60

4 FW Luers 46

5 Pioneer (1) 45

6 Andrean (1) 39

7 Evansville Mater Dei 36

8 Triton Central 27

9 Shenandoah 22

10 Rensselaer Central 15

Others receiving votes: Tipton (14), Lewis Cass (12), Lapel (10), Monrovia (8), Woodlan (8), Paoli (6), Heritage Christian (5), Linton Stockton (5), South Vermillionj (4), Wheeler (4), Centerville (2), LaVille (2), Whiting (2), Blackford (1), Bremen (1), Delphi (1)

1A

1 Indpls Lutheran (1) 81

2 North Vermillion (4) 76

3 South Adams (2) 61

4 Adams Central (3) 60

5 Monroe Central 51

6 Churubusco 45

7 Southwood 43

8 Lafayette CC 31

9 West Washington 27

10 Parke Heritage 26

Others receiving votes: Sheridan (15), North Central (Farmersburg) (14), Hagerstown (5), Knightstown (4), Covington (3), South Putnam (3), Triton (3), Milan (2)

2019 IFCA Pre-Season Coaches Poll.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Warren05 said:

Let me be the first to say it" polls mean nothing. It's just for the fans"

Now that that is out of the way I am of the opinion teams that win state the year before should always be ranked number 1 till they get knocked off

The Coaches Poll normally makes more sense than the AP Poll. Carmel must have a load of kids coming back to warrant being ranked above Warren Central. Personally, I'd rank the Warriors #1 until another team proves they are worthy of that position. 

My dark horse for the year it Homestead. I think when it's all said and done, they'll have received votes. 

Lafayette Jeff in the Top 10? Another team with many returning starters? 

5 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Just me but I'll never understand the fascination with H.S. poll.   Of course it's great for a school to get recognized but it does nothing for you when it counts.   Tournament time.   

Can't argue with that.

Looks like a lot of agreement on the top four in 6A.  I know it’s splitting hairs and “bulletin board material” is usually overhyped by message board guys like me but if I’m Avon and I see Brownsburg perceived as heads and tails (40 votes) better than my team, I’m a bit annoyed as I dropped them by 38 points to end their season last October...

I know they are different teams and Brownsburg has much more returning production (plus an elite WR transfer) but still.

I would also have some pause placing the projected HCC champ over team #3 in the MIC this season.  I need to see an elite HCC team show up and beat a MIC power in the playoffs...

Many on here (including myself) have coined the HCC as the conference of the future and spoken of the “gap closing” but it just hasn’t shown up in results.

Can’t wait for next week!

On 8/13/2019 at 5:37 AM, Temptation said:

Looks like a lot of agreement on the top four in 6A.  I know it’s splitting hairs and “bulletin board material” is usually overhyped by message board guys like me but if I’m Avon and I see Brownsburg perceived as heads and tails (40 votes) better than my team, I’m a bit annoyed as I dropped them by 38 points to end their season last October...

I know they are different teams and Brownsburg has much more returning production (plus an elite WR transfer) but still.

I would also have some pause placing the projected HCC champ over team #3 in the MIC this season.  I need to see an elite HCC team show up and beat a MIC power in the playoffs...

Many on here (including myself) have coined the HCC as the conference of the future and spoken of the “gap closing” but it just hasn’t shown up in results.

Can’t wait for next week!

Avon defeated CG in regionals 2 seasons ago

6 minutes ago, CGFan2017 said:

Avon defeated CG in regionals 2 seasons ago

Good call.  Not sure how that one slipped my mind.  It fits the criteria but that was a 6-6 CG team that year that had lost a lot of talent.

34 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Good call.  Not sure how that one slipped my mind.  It fits the criteria but that was a 6-6 CG team that year that had lost a lot of talent.

That Avon team then went on to get blown off the feild the next week by BD

But they did hand CG a good beating

Edited by Warren05

On 8/13/2019 at 6:37 AM, Temptation said:

I was going to make a case for the SAC in the two spot this year. But looking at the HCC again, I'll keep the SAC at three. Snider, Dwenger, Homestead, and Wayne could compete with anyone in the HCC this year. But the depth from there get's questionable. I'm not sure what Luers, Carroll, Northrop, or Concordia bring to the table this year. 

On 8/12/2019 at 1:40 PM, Warren05 said:

Let me be the first to say it" polls mean nothing. It's just for the fans"

Now that that is out of the way I am of the opinion teams that win state the year before should always be ranked number 1 till they get knocked off

I would say yes unless the team is moving up due to the success factor.  Pioneer (last year's 1A champ) is in 2A this year and are ranked at #5 in the 2A poll.  It will be interesting to see if they can stay there since they lost Kiser to graduation.  He was a "once in a generation" type player you see at small schools.  Saw him play 3 times.  He was very impressive.  I'd put him up there with the likes of Nick Zachery.  It will be tough for Pioneer to find his replacement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

A bit surprised that Southridge didn't get any votes.

They will be good this year but the biggest factor is probably GS and HH are bringing a lot back and SR lost their Qb. 

Montgomery was a 3 sport athlete with baseball basketball and football but he is deciding to drop football to focus on the other 2. This kid is getting a lot of attention in baseball and a good amount in basketball too.  He will only be a junior this year too and I believe has a few offers from schools like Louisville.  Amazing kid, but a tough loss to fill for QB

10 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

I would say yes unless the team is moving up due to the success factor.  Pioneer (last year's 1A champ) is in 2A this year and are ranked at #5 in the 2A poll.  It will be interesting to see if they can stay there since they lost Kiser to graduation.  He was a "once in a generation" type player you see at small schools.  Saw him play 3 times.  He was very impressive.  I'd put him up there with the likes of Nick Zachery.  It will be tough for Pioneer to find his replacement.

Replace tough with impossible and this is spot on.  

Thing about Pioneer is, yes Jack Kiser was 4 star ND recruit and very good football player across all metrics and all classes of football.   Hence Mr. Football (please do not spark that debate again), HOWEVER, Pioneer is truly a system program, plug and chug system that is so well established that they will not miss a beat.    

I have said this before, Pioneer may have to win 28-14, or 21-7 at times this year, instead of it being 49-0 at half.  AND THAT IS OK TOO!!! 

They have some speed in the backfield and plenty of other pieces, they are NOT going anywhere 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Thing about Pioneer is, yes Jack Kiser was 4 star ND recruit and very good football player across all metrics and all classes of football.   Hence Mr. Football (please do not spark that debate again), HOWEVER, Pioneer is truly a system program, plug and chug system that is so well established that they will not miss a beat.    

I have said this before, Pioneer may have to win 28-14, or 21-7 at times this year, instead of it being 49-0 at half.  AND THAT IS OK TOO!!! 

They have some speed in the backfield and plenty of other pieces, they are NOT going anywhere 

Correct but my point still stands.  Insinuating that it could be “tough” is a bit misleading.

On 8/14/2019 at 8:05 PM, itiswhatitis said:

A bit surprised that Southridge didn't get any votes.

In no way should we be ranked in a class in which we've achieved nothing, but when you look at some of the schools who did receive votes, you'd think after a State Championship and  semi-state appearance it'd would get us some appreciation - but guess not. Back to the grind

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Coach P said:

I agree with the top 5 in the 6A Poll, but after that its IMHO way off. Seen a lot of these teams in the summer.  Lets seen how it stacks up in week 3.

I'm surprised Homestead didn't receive any votes in 6A. I've heard they have very good team this year. Also, surprised Warsaw didn't get a vote or two IMO, may be able to give Penn a run for sectional this year. 

2 hours ago, jets said:

In no way should we be ranked in a class in which we've achieved nothing, but when you look at some of the schools who did receive votes, you'd think after a State Championship and  semi-state appearance it'd would get us some appreciation - but guess not. Back to the grind

That's what I was thinking, Jets.  SR should get some "love" at least.  Then again, who knows what the voters are thinking?

11 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

That's what I was thinking, Jets.  SR should get some "love" at least.  Then again, who knows what the voters are thinking?

The voters are probably thinking that 3A top to bottom might be one of the best classes in the state........and SR is losing a VERY important piece to their team.  So maybe it's not too far off???  

34 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

The voters are probably thinking that 3A top to bottom might be one of the best classes in the state........and SR is losing a VERY important piece to their team.  So maybe it's not too far off???  

I could care less if we are ranked or not. I even said "in no way do I think we should be ranked in a class we haven't achieved anything in" - 

There were a couple teams receiving votes that haven't won a sectional in some time, so you'd think a State/Semi-State back to back would garner maybe a few votes, but guess not. Doesn't matter in the least - just a slap in the face kind of.