Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2019 all things 5A

On 8/13/2019 at 7:24 AM, MuleDriver said:

No doubt everyone will be gunning for New Palestine . Theoretically after winning the 5a title by 14 points last year one could make a case that this year isn't a shoe in title year for NP.  Cathedral narrowly lost to DC last season one year could make a yuge difference. However unless someone did some serious off season improvements NP should probably coast to a title again .   How do DC and Cathedral look this season . I was under the impression dc lost some seniors off last seasons runner up team. phjindy still in the house? How  do the irish look? Other 5a speculators ? 

I'm still here!  I'll know more about Cathedral after the scrimmage against Avon tonight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, irishfootball1906 said:

The sophomore class is no where near the Senior class.....JV and Freshman football is completely different than Varsity....A lot of the good kids are playing up a grade and you dont see them until the varsity season.  YOu will see....The sophomore class is definitely not the strongest.

this is such a dumb statement man!!! The senior class now had maybe 2 kids who played as sophomres.  Cannon  and tex elliot is really all they had.  The sophomore class now has starting LB, OL, WR, and 2-3 more kids who will see plenty of reps. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

🍿 🍿 🍿 

Can I ask how Cathedral looked? Or will that start a fist fight?

Cathedral all around looked fine, couple things to work on before playoffs obviously. All around better than last year. Wide Receiver core looked good too. how about New Pal

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, blueandgold2389 said:

Cathedral all around looked fine, couple things to work on before playoffs obviously. All around better than last year. Wide Receiver core looked good too. how about New Pal

Solid.  Also some things to work on.

From NP twitter:

Charlie Spegal 6-95 Luke Canfield 4-66, 2 TD Eric Roudebush 30yd TD Lincoln Roth 2-3 passing, 43 yds, 2 TD (33 to Austin ,10 to R.Large) Darin Johnson 31 TD run Defense pitches a shutout.

Defense had two picks and recoverd a fumble.  Scecina looks to be down a bit though.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rodney said:

There are only 5 notable teams in 5a this year.

1. Bishop dwenger

2. Valpo

3. Castle

4. Bloomington south

5. Michigan city

Heard from an inside source new pal will not be very good.

Dumbo (I’ll keep it clean but you are a DA) post of the year came early this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rodney said:

1. Bishop dwenger

2. Valpo

3. Castle

4. Bloomington south

5. Michigan city

I'd like to know the inside source?  This is pretty comical though, are they inside an asylum?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Rodney said:

1. Bishop dwenger

2. Valpo

3. Castle

4. Bloomington south

5. Michigan city

Rodney, who is your source?  Stevie Wonder?    

I can assure you, 100% of the people at Bishop Dwenger who understand football, believe New Pal will be extremely good.  

I have to believe you are not really a Dwenger fan and are trying to make our school look bad by saying things like this.  It’s like saying, I heard from an inside source, Alabama won’t be any good this year.  

• Like 2

I guess it’s exciting there are now more Cathedral posters other than PHJ, WrestlingGuy, and myself.....yikes what a mess.

I’ll admit I don’t follow the program as much as I used too, but a former teammate and friend who is on staff tells me the sophomore class is going to be special when it’s all said and done.

As always with Cathedral, they play a loaded non-conference that should help come tourney time so long as they stay healthy which has proven costly more than once.

Excited for the season to start.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I guess it’s exciting there are now more Cathedral posters other than PHJ, WrestlingGuy, and myself.....yikes what a mess.

I’ll admit I don’t follow the program as much as I used too, but a former teammate and friend who is on staff tells me the sophomore class is going to be special when it’s all said and done.

As always with Cathedral, they play a loaded non-conference that should help come tourney time so long as they stay healthy which has proven costly more than once.

Excited for the season to start.

It will be a special class, just like the senior class now is full of talent and will be very good. Their sophomore year they had maybe 3 guys rotating on varsity and now kids who were unheard of are becoming great for this team. Excited for this year and what cathedral has for all the fans to see. tough schedule but that is nothing new to Cathedral community. 

GO IRISH!

• Like 1

The important thing for everyone, especially in SAC is to get through regular season. Dwenger knows that they can compete but also knows never to underestimate any team. Look at last year with Dwenger, they played Fort Wayne Wayne first game of the season and blew them out of the water but watched Wayne go on to dominate other teams in the SAC and when we had to play them for the sectional championship it was a long hard fought battle. They were a force to be reckoned with. It’s hard to even just watch the scrimmages and tell what teams are going to be good because they don’t necessarily play their starters then. No one will really know until come game time this coming Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2019 at 5:24 PM, blueandgold2389 said:

It will be a special class, just like the senior class now is full of talent and will be very good. Their sophomore year they had maybe 3 guys rotating on varsity and now kids who were unheard of are becoming great for this team. Excited for this year and what cathedral has for all the fans to see. tough schedule but that is nothing new to Cathedral community. 

GO IRISH!

I'm ready for tomorrow night!

GIO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1