Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2019 all things 5A

6 hours ago, DACNUT said:

Interesting how people forgetting MIchigan City. Just read they were up 41-0 at end of first quarter, running clock second quarter on. Can’t wait to see them play against Valpo in a few weeks. 

Michigan City, in my opinion, is just a notch below the Big 4. I could be wrong.............good luck to them!

11 hours ago, BTF said:

These four teams are on a collision course. All very impressive victories. 

Dwenger 41     Wayne 6

Valpo 34     Penn 14

Cathedral 42     Noblesville 14

New Pal 63     Kokomo 13

You're just gonna leave bloomington south out of the pack like that, after they seemingly handled castle (ranked going into this game) well.

Also very interested in this valpo team, as I expected their game to be a bit closer.

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

You're just gonna leave bloomington south out of the pack like that, after they seemingly handled castle (ranked going into this game) well.

Lol, I have no problem leaving Bloomington South out of the pack. New Pal, Cathedral, Valpo, and Dwenger are in a league of thier own right now. Michigan City on the outside looking in.

Don’t underestimate Dwenger. They’re going to come out ready to play. I’m not saying you are but for all those thinking “they’re new to 5A” they’re out to make a statement. Oh when the saints to marching in.....everyone be ready to greet them. This year we’re ready. 

8 hours ago, TuffysAngels said:

Don’t underestimate Dwenger. They’re going to come out ready to play. I’m not saying you are but for all those thinking “they’re new to 5A” they’re out to make a statement. Oh when the saints to marching in.....everyone be ready to greet them. This year we’re ready. 

Looking good so far. 

Only a 2 year deal. Not playing CG or Kokomo out of conference next year.  I've heard NP had trouble finding opponents but it's my understanding that next year the non conference games are Brebeuf and Guerin

On 8/30/2019 at 9:20 PM, Olympian06 said:

New Pal - 28

Center Grove - 9

2:55 left in the 4th.. Charlie Speagle is an animal. 218 yards rushing tonight. 

Very impressive performance and amazing atmosphere down there tonight 

2 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

Only a 2 year deal. Not playing CG or Kokomo out of conference next year.  I've heard NP had trouble finding opponents but it's my understanding that next year the non conference games are Brebeuf and Guerin

Very impressive performance and amazing atmosphere down there tonight 

Brebeuf and Decatur Central the next two years.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, blueandgold2389 said:

i still laugh at this. stupidity at its finest. "they may only win 3 games" lol!!!! This team is great. Best secondary in the state. one of the Best wide receiver core in the state as well.

And a lot of young players playing keep roles.  If they can stay healthy, this is going to be a fun season for the Irish and their fans.

23 hours ago, blueandgold2389 said:

exactly!! alot of young players doing their job and making huge impacts. This team is special.

I agree, but then I'm an old fan boy!  The attitude alone was so much better than it's been for a few years now.  I know the depth isn't there but if they stay relatively healthy they'll have a very good year.

Well at this point i feel like 5a is still up for grabs. Valpos big win over penn was impressive and a 63 zip win over laporte ,new pal had a nice win over a carson steele 'less trojan team. I watched that replay on youtube  congrats  to the dragons for coming in and beating a top 6a program just like valpo did when they rolled over penn (penn still geting votes in 6a top 15. ) . Cathedral did very well in it's win over moeller.  It is a long season new pal has an advantage with the weak schedule that will probably leave their roster with little to zero injury issues. Which the other teams do not have the luxury of that is just the reality of it. I think that is the main  reason i would give new pal the edge . I'm not sure how new pal and speagal would  fare vs a mic schedule or cathedrals intrastate schedule.  Hopefully cathedral and valpo possibly dwengver make it into the playoffs with minimal injuries so we can see some competitive games .    I think you have to pick new pal until someone else proves otherwise. 

2 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Well at this point i feel like 5a is still up for grabs. Valpos big win over penn was impressive and a 63 zip win over laporte ,new pal had a nice win over a carson steele 'less trojan team. I watched that replay on youtube  congrats  to the dragons for coming in and beating a top 6a program just like valpo did when they rolled over penn (penn still geting votes in 6a top 15. ) . Cathedral did very well in it's win over moeller.  It is a long season new pal has an advantage with the weak schedule that will probably leave their roster with little to zero injury issues. Which the other teams do not have the luxury of that is just the reality of it. I think that is the main  reason i would give new pal the edge . I'm not sure how new pal and speagal would  fare vs a mic schedule or cathedrals intrastate schedule.  Hopefully cathedral and valpo possibly dwengver make it into the playoffs with minimal injuries so we can see some competitive games .    I think you have to pick new pal until someone else proves otherwise. 

New Pal vs a MIC schedule is irrelevant. They have proven that playing 1 game against a perennial power is not a problem. Cathedral’s schedule is by necessity because of being independent. It plays in their favor come tournament time barring excessive injuries as they will be battle tested. A Valpo/Dwenger showdown seems imminent. I’m not ready to pick a winner yet. 5A is going to be fun!

• Like 1