Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2019 all things 5A

7 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

There is no room for this on GID. You are entitled to your opinion, and when I suggested putting a face with a name, there was ZERO intention in any physical altercation. Regardless of how passionate I am in regards to my son and his team!

You obviously spoke to quite a few of us at the tailgate.  Unfortunately you failed to mention to me who you were. However, if you had, we could have had a simple conversation and agreed to disagree, but you didn’t. You failed to follow through with my simple request! Now I will lay it out there so you don’t have to wonder which parent to mention things to. I am one of the two dad’s you have mentioned by name. Feel free to come speak to me on Friday, I will not be making any special trips to come meet you, however I will be glad to talk to you at Arlington.  Have a great Sunday, I hope you celebrate in the Eucharist and pray for Archbishop Thompson and his wicked ability to ruin people’s lives.

It was nice to meet you Friday night!  Hope to see you at the tailgate this upcoming Friday.

From the looks of it the Irish football team has done well for itself.

@ Cincinnati Elder 38-31 loss in OT

Chatard 31-21 win

It's unfortunate that @IndplsCathedral_Dad, @PHJIrish, the rest of the Irish Dads and tailgate crew don't have a face to go with the screen name. I get the feeling if @CaptainHook  were to shout "1906" there would be mass laughter.

In all seriousness, nice wins for New Palestine, Cathedral, and Valparaiso. FW Dwenger lost a close one to a very good Homestead. Some other contenders showing up as well in Bloomington North and Terre Haute South. I think most will agree 5A has a lot more depth of very good teams at the top this year compared to last year. I think come tournament time 5A will be one of the more interesting classes. Defending Champion New Pal will remain at the top until someone beats them. I do love all the teams (more than just New Pal, Cathedral, FW Dwenger, and Valparaiso) really looking to make 5A very interesting. Best of luck to all!

• Like 2

I left out in my post Cathedral has another game this week that will push their Offense and Defense playing at St. X in Cincinnati.

The St. X Bombers always play strong defense and make it challenging for opposing teams offense.

Their offense seems to be doing really well this year, they have a new Offensive Coordinator this year in Andy Coverdale. Coverdale was the Offensive Coordinator at Louisville Trinity from 1999-2002, then the Head Coach at Castle from 2003-2005, and returned to  Louisville Trinity as OC from 2006-2018. Should be a great game in Cincinnati next week. 

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

Some other contenders showing up as well in Bloomington North and Terre Haute South.

Bloomington North has a good team this year. Contender ..... . uh not quite . Their qb is a soph and  he has some targets that are juniors.  Maybe .. . .. . . Maybe a contender in a year or two. They would lose to cathedral or new pal or any of the other top teams by 4 scores. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Bloomington North has a good team this year. Contender ..... . uh not quite . Their qb is a soph and  he has some targets that are juniors.  Maybe .. . .. . . Maybe a contender in a year or two. They would lose to cathedral or new pal or any of the other top teams by 4 scores. 

I should probably edit my post. By contender I didn't mean contender to win 5A. I meant contender for the top 5 spot. I believe New Palestine, Cathedral, Valparaiso, and Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger sit in the top 4 spots. I feel there are several teams jockeying to be among that top 5 including Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Michigan City, Terre Haute South, Franklin, and even Decatur Central

• Like 1

No off week for Cathedral this week for sure.  St. X whipped up on Penn last night and are their normal high powered team.  The Irish will have to have a higher level of intensity for the Bombers too.  The effort level was not at peak value last night.  Chatard had a lot to do with that.

On 8/13/2019 at 11:52 PM, Justasportsfan said:

If I were a betting man I'd say cathedral based on tradition alone. Going through New pal will be difficult..MC was good..cathedral is its own entity though..Valpo and Dwenger would be epic..based on what I've seen from all four programs..cathedral just keeps coming at you..2nd stringers are starters at most schools in Indiana unless something has changed..

Midway point of the regular season and I stand by this post. I'll have to give credit to the success factor making 5a one of the best classes I've seen so far..

• 1 month later...

The team I support doesn’t play at the H.S. level. They are doing just fine. No offense but you’ve really ripped into sone 16, 17, and 18 year olds calling some out by name. I can see where their parents would be upset. My suggestion support the team you root for, keep in mind they are teenagers playing at will make some mistakes along the way. Don’t stop supporting them because ultimately they are learning the game of football! Then you don’t have to retract!

and @IndplsCathedral_Dad I appreciate you and your honesty! I wish you and your son the best!! Mean that from the bottom of my heart! You are a great dad! Same goes for you @CaptainHook!! I wish you both the best of luck! Unfortunately this game has to come from a regional but would be a great State Championship game!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

The team I support doesn’t play at the H.S. level. They are doing just fine. No offense but you’ve really ripped into sone 16, 17, and 18 year olds calling some out by name. I can see where their parents would be upset. My suggestion support the team you root for, keep in mind they are teenagers playing at will make some mistakes along the way. Don’t stop supporting them because ultimately they are learning the game of football! Then you don’t have to retract!

and @IndplsCathedral_Dad I appreciate you and your honesty! I wish you and your son the best!! Mean that from the bottom of my heart! You are a great dad! Same goes for you @CaptainHook!! I wish you both the best of luck! Unfortunately this game has to come from a regional but would be a great State Championship game!!

Thank you for your kind words and look forward to what I believe is the most anticipated high school football game in quit some time.  I am just glad I have some skin in the game and have a son that has the opportunity to play against a great team in New Pal.  Since New Pal has had such a great run under Coach Ralph,  this will be one of those old tales as he ages and talks about how he was a part of the Irish team that was able to take down the Dragon dynasty, if the Irish are able to do so.  Only in literature would it be so perfect to have the most traditionally rich program in Indiana high school football end the two year run of the mighty New Pal Dragons.  Best of luck to both teams, but a little more to the Irish!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Cathedral is a special team and for you to still be putting our boys down is disheartening to say the least.  Look I understand your son doesn't play and that is frustrating, but for you to put the other young men that have had a great season is just pathetic.  Myself and the other dad's figured out who you were even though you failed to introduce yourselves to us at any point this season, whether it have been the tailgate, game or at George's, we know who you are.  We just have the respect for your son that you absolutely lack for ours to call you out and make your remarks on this forum known to the rest of the fan base about our boys.  Let me guess, I am a special poster as well!  GO IRISH!!!

Haha wait, 1906 is a grown adult posting like that? This is even more comical. 😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Cathedral is a special team and for you to still be putting our boys down is disheartening to say the least.  Look I understand your son doesn't play and that is frustrating, but for you to put the other young men that have had a great season is just pathetic.  Myself and the other dad's figured out who you were even though you failed to introduce yourselves to us at any point this season, whether it have been the tailgate, game or at George's, we know who you are.  We just have the respect for your son that you absolutely lack for ours to call you out and make your remarks on this forum known to the rest of the fan base about our boys.  Let me guess, I am a special poster as well!  GO IRISH!!!

Wow, this just got awkward...

15 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of AWESOME! This just became AWESOME. 

To be honest I wasn't planning on going to New Pal Friday night but I might have to now.  Looks like there could be two games going on...

22 minutes ago, Temptation said:

To be honest I wasn't planning on going to New Pal Friday night but I might have to now.  Looks like there could be two games going on...

Suggest you get that “tailgate” invite.

Once there, be sure to hold your pinkie finger out after you fill up at the champagne fountain.

Talk about your home on Geist a lot........and your vacation place on Sanibel.  Gotta bring up Sanibel....

You’ll fit right in (these tips work at HSE gatherings also).

Feel free to PM me for any other social tips.

Edited by Lysander
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Once there, be sure to hold your pinkie finger out after you fill up at the champagne fountain.

Talk about your home on Geist a lot........and your vacation place on Sanibel.  Gotta bring up Sanibel....

Don’t get us started on our home away from home lake cottages up at Wawasee. Always a pain in the rear to get those winterized.

Edited by Footballking16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

Image result for laughing spitting drink gif

5 hours ago, Lysander said:

That ain't champagne, that's good ole drinkin' water.  I live in a shanty on the far west side of Indy and my vacation place is in Loogootee.  

All our welcome to burgers and dogs at the best "tailgate" in Indiana.