18 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I think he already explained where the chirping came from, if you missed it...scroll up. 

Saying Dwenger was chirping because they said they will see New Pal next year in Indy is a HUGE stretch.   If Valpo or Michigan City or even North Side  wanted to take issue with it, that’s one thing but if Dwenger in fact said they will see New Pal next year, they are saying New Pal is so good, they will be in the State Finals. It would have been a compliment.   Nice try though.  

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

Saying Dwenger was chirping because they said they will see New Pal next year in Indy is a HUGE stretch.   If Valpo or Michigan City or even North Side  wanted to take issue with it, that’s one thing but if Dwenger in fact said they will see New Pal next year, they are saying New Pal is so good, they will be in the State Finals. It would have been a compliment.   Nice try though.  

Maybe I should have told you to scroll up and not him. I wasn’t the one that originally called it chirping.. that came from a parent of a player.. Even better effort though... 

On 8/14/2019 at 9:30 AM, irishfootball1906 said:

Cathedral doesnt have that level of talent anymore and they certainly dont have the depth.  It will be a long season for them.

Not sure how close you are to the program, but the sophomore class is loaded and they will get plenty of playing time this season at OL, WR, LB and a TE that's a freshman.  They get through the regular season with minimal injuries and they will have plenty of depth and experience come tournament time with the young men and that schedule.  Getting closer to the season I believe the OL has shifted from starting 3 sophomores to 4 seniors and 1 sophomore due to a summer transfer. 

• Like 1

I wouldnt say the Sophomore class is loaded at all.  The senior class is loaded with athletes but there is a deep drop off after that.  You are right the issue will be dealing with injuries.  The two starting OLBs are hurt for a few weeks and I think the coaching staff was relying on the defense to hold up the offense until something clicked... The interesting part is the skill guys on offense are HR hitters.  Im not sure of any sophomore WRs though.  They may only win 3 regular season games...

1 hour ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Not sure how close you are to the program, but the sophomore class is loaded and they will get plenty of playing time this season at OL, WR, LB and a TE that's a freshman.  They get through the regular season with minimal injuries and they will have plenty of depth and experience come tournament time with the young men and that schedule.  Getting closer to the season I believe the OL has shifted from starting 3 sophomores to 4 seniors and 1 sophomore due to a summer transfer. 

I wouldnt say the Sophomore class is loaded at all.  The senior class is loaded with athletes but there is a deep drop off after that.  You are right the issue will be dealing with injuries.  The two starting OLBs are hurt for a few weeks and I think the coaching staff was relying on the defense to hold up the offense until something clicked... The interesting part is the skill guys on offense are HR hitters.  Im not sure of any sophomore WRs though.  They may only win 3 regular season games...

35 minutes ago, irishfootball1906 said:

I wouldnt say the Sophomore class is loaded at all.  The senior class is loaded with athletes but there is a deep drop off after that.  You are right the issue will be dealing with injuries.  The two starting OLBs are hurt for a few weeks and I think the coaching staff was relying on the defense to hold up the offense until something clicked... The interesting part is the skill guys on offense are HR hitters.  Im not sure of any sophomore WRs though.  They may only win 3 regular season games...

I wouldnt say the Sophomore class is loaded at all.  The senior class is loaded with athletes but there is a deep drop off after that.  You are right the issue will be dealing with injuries.  The two starting OLBs are hurt for a few weeks and I think the coaching staff was relying on the defense to hold up the offense until something clicked... The interesting part is the skill guys on offense are HR hitters.  Im not sure of any sophomore WRs though.  They may only win 3 regular season games...

Your answer proves you aren't close to the program, they are going to start at sophomore at slot.

3 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Your answer proves you aren't close to the program, they are going to start at sophomore at slot.

"Im not sure of any sophomore WRs though."  Is your son a Varsity player?  What position does he play?    Who is the sophomore WR?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Maybe I should have told you to scroll up and not him. I wasn’t the one that originally called it chirping.. that came from a parent of a player.. Even better effort though... 

Thanks for clarifying.  I see where Mr Hook never said BD was “chirping”.  It was another New Pal fan.  However, you referenced it and that’s why I responded to you.  

Whoever ends up getting to the 5A State Title game will have had a very tough road.  North and South.  Valpo will be very good. Michigan City as well.  Mishawaka will be good. North Side and/or Northrop could prove to be very good.  Regionals would be against quality programs too.   New Pal(obviously very well coached and the players are as hard nosed as you will find. (Hook, the DE, 3 returning OL and I believe Lbs and WR as well) Add CS at running back and they are as good as any team at all levels. Cathedral is Cathedral.  Decatur Central will be good. I’m not as knowledgeable about the teams in South but I’m sure there are more(Bloomington s?).  

Bottom line, whoever makes it will be 2 very good teams and will likely make for a great game.

On a separate note to  Mr Hook,  For the record, I think your son is every bit as valuable as Spiegel is  to New Pal.  He is fun to watch play. 

Edited by OldschoolFB

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

On a separate note to  Mr Hook,  For the record, I think your son is every bit as valuable as Spiegel is  to New Pal.  He is fun to watch play. 

Thank you.  I appreciate that.  I definitely did not mean to imply anybody was chirping.  Dwenger is confident they will compete in 5A.  Good for them.  That's what this season is all about.  I knew last year after week 2 that NP was very, very good.  Definitely lost some great seniors and leadership.  That team was also blessed with very few injuries.  Not sure if this team is in their class yet.  The QB last year was one of the toughest runners I've ever seen.  Well maybe since his brother.  That will be missed.

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2019 at 7:24 AM, MuleDriver said:

No doubt everyone will be gunning for New Palestine . Theoretically after winning the 5a title by 14 points last year one could make a case that this year isn't a shoe in title year for NP.  Cathedral narrowly lost to DC last season one year could make a yuge difference. However unless someone did some serious off season improvements NP should probably coast to a title again .   How do DC and Cathedral look this season . I was under the impression dc lost some seniors off last seasons runner up team. phjindy still in the house? How  do the irish look? Other 5a speculators ? 

I'm still here!  I'll know more about Cathedral after the scrimmage against Avon tonight.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 9:30 AM, irishfootball1906 said:

Cathedral doesnt have that level of talent anymore and they certainly dont have the depth.  It will be a long season for them.

Three consecutive Freshmen undefeated seasons against a pretty tough schedule says otherwise.  We'll know more after tonight though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, irishfootball1906 said:

Yeah, this is a terribly inaccurate assessment. The sophomore class is the strongest class that has come through CHS in a while. Great line depth, great receivers, great linebackers. Many will see the field this year at some point. They beat Center Grove, @Elder, @StX Cincy, Chatard, etc last year in an undefeated campaign. Future is bright for the Irish. 

• Like 1

I know it’s only 7v7, but Cathedral looked good in the tourney at Colts complex. Lost in semifinals in OT vs eventual champs Brownsburg.

7 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

I know it’s only 7v7, but Cathedral looked good in the tourney at Colts complex. Lost in semifinals in OT vs eventual champs Brownsburg.

The Achilles hill is the offensive line....the skill guys are good...real good.

8 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

Yeah, this is a terribly inaccurate assessment. The sophomore class is the strongest class that has come through CHS in a while. Great line depth, great receivers, great linebackers. Many will see the field this year at some point. They beat Center Grove, @Elder, @StX Cincy, Chatard, etc last year in an undefeated campaign. Future is bright for the Irish. 

The sophomore class is no where near the Senior class.....JV and Freshman football is completely different than Varsity....A lot of the good kids are playing up a grade and you dont see them until the varsity season.  YOu will see....The sophomore class is definitely not the strongest.

9 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Three consecutive Freshmen undefeated seasons against a pretty tough schedule says otherwise.  We'll know more after tonight though.

Comparing apples to oranges.....We shall see...You will see after tonight.......Starters wont go long though

4 hours ago, irishfootball1906 said:

Comparing apples to oranges.....We shall see...You will see after tonight.......Starters wont go long though

this catheral team this year is better than last year hands down. Better wide receiving core, and better secondary. The QB with a year under his belt , threw for 2500 yards is very impressive and i can see him doing the same again this year. Sophmore class is loaded. No question about that.

4 hours ago, irishfootball1906 said:

The sophomore class is no where near the Senior class.....JV and Freshman football is completely different than Varsity....A lot of the good kids are playing up a grade and you dont see them until the varsity season.  YOu will see....The sophomore class is definitely not the strongest.

this is such a dumb statement man!!! The senior class now had maybe 2 kids who played as sophomres.  Cannon  and tex elliot is really all they had.  The sophomore class now has starting LB, OL, WR, and 2-3 more kids who will see plenty of reps. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, blueandgold2389 said:

this is such a dumb statement man!!! The senior class now had maybe 2 kids who played as sophomres.  Cannon  and tex elliot is really all they had.  The sophomore class now has starting LB, OL, WR, and 2-3 more kids who will see plenty of reps. 

Cmon man you clearly havent been watching....The secondary isnt better 2 of the three are the same....They lost the best corner and the starter is a sophomore....wow...I thought you went to games.....Can. You please tell me who is apart of this sophomore class? That are starters?   The qb threw for 2500 yards with the majority of that coming on jet sweep plays, do you realize if he were throwing the ball all over the field he would have power 5 schools knocking down his door.....smh

Just now, irishfootball1906 said:

Cmon man you clearly havent been watching....The secondary isnt better 2 of the three are the same....They lost the best corner and the starter is a sophomore....wow...I thought you went to games.....Can. You please tell me who is apart of this sophomore class? That are starters?   The qb threw for 2500 yards with the majority of that coming on jet sweep plays, do you realize if he were throwing the ball all over the field he would have power 5 schools knocking down his door.....smh

Are you saying they are sophomores now?  Or they are juniors now?

10 hours ago, blueandgold2389 said:

this catheral team this year is better than last year hands down. Better wide receiving core, and better secondary. The QB with a year under his belt , threw for 2500 yards is very impressive and i can see him doing the same again this year. Sophmore class is loaded. No question about that.

How is the secondary better when 2 of the 3 are the same from last year  and they lost the best DB to another school?  Smh

7 hours ago, irishfootball1906 said:

How is the secondary better when 2 of the 3 are the same from last year  and they lost the best DB to another school?  Smh

i cannot argue with someone who s**t talks the school they "support". i know 100% i am closer to cathedral football and know 10X more than you do about this team and previous teams. i can tell you are clueless about this team, you said their best "DB" transferred like man that is comedy. No disrespect to jay jones-moore but he wouldn't even start this year, and that is not just me stating my opinion, i recently asked the DC and the DB coaches if he would have started he this year over any of the other DB's,  their answer was "no". You are a clueless fan who doesn't know much because you show up to maybe 3-4 games a year. You are ignorant at its finest. Learn about the players cathedral has on this team and then you can come back on here and talk more shit about the team. I don't know why you even show up to games with all the hate you throw around. talking down on the starting QB who is a runner for Mr. Football, (prolly didn't know that since you are such an ignorant hater). You have stated that the sophomore class is not good hahahahahahaha. Did you watch last night???? 6 Sophomores ran with the 1s. I don't understand how you are a "fan" of this team but talk down about them????  I would love to make a  bet with you they win more than 3 games!!!! 

3 minutes ago, blueandgold2389 said:

i cannot argue with someone who s**t talks the school they "support". i know 100% i am closer to cathedral football and know 10X more than you do about this team and previous teams. i can tell you are clueless about this team, you said their best "DB" transferred like man that is comedy. No disrespect to jay jones-moore but he wouldn't even start this year, and that is not just me stating my opinion, i recently asked the DC and the DB coaches if he would have started he this year over any of the other DB's,  their answer was "no". You are a clueless fan who doesn't know much because you show up to maybe 3-4 games a year. You are ignorant at its finest. Learn about the players cathedral has on this team and then you can come back on here and talk more shit about the team. I don't know why you even show up to games with all the hate you throw around. talking down on the starting QB who is a runner for Mr. Football, (prolly didn't know that since you are such an ignorant hater). You have stated that the sophomore class is not good hahahahahahaha. Did you watch last night???? 6 Sophomores ran with the 1s. I don't understand how you are a "fan" of this team but talk down about them????  I would love to make a  bet with you they win more than 3 games!!!! 

Haha....That entire diatribe was funny at best..Its always funny when someone has to express themselves by name calling.......If you think Barth would not have started Jay you are even more clueless......But you are talking about Barth’ the dude who runs a defense that they arent equipped to run....man you are funny.....Were you at the scrimmage last night?  Cmon man, I guarantee you I know more about CHS football than you do.  Orin is not in the running for Mr football.....Short of a disaster Charlie spegal will win that honor.....wow....Who were the 6 sophomores that ran with the 1s last night?   

37 minutes ago, irishfootball1906 said:

Haha....That entire diatribe was funny at best..Its always funny when someone has to express themselves by name calling.......If you think Barth would not have started Jay you are even more clueless......But you are talking about Barth’ the dude who runs a defense that they arent equipped to run....man you are funny.....Were you at the scrimmage last night?  Cmon man, I guarantee you I know more about CHS football than you do.  Orin is not in the running for Mr football.....Short of a disaster Charlie spegal will win that honor.....wow....Who were the 6 sophomores that ran with the 1s last night?   

Owen Wood, Seth Mencer, Jack Goheen, Huddy Miller, Micheal Greene, Micheal Page. So go ahead and bad mouth the kids i just named since you seem to love to do that. Do i need to continue? and was i at the scrimmage..? lol man i am very close to the team..... You are comedy man.

and orin isn't a candidate??? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/1793500001

read for yourself.

30 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

🍿 🍿 🍿 

Can I ask how Cathedral looked? Or will that start a fist fight?

Cathedral all around looked fine, couple things to work on before playoffs obviously. All around better than last year. Wide Receiver core looked good too. how about New Pal

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, blueandgold2389 said:

Cathedral all around looked fine, couple things to work on before playoffs obviously. All around better than last year. Wide Receiver core looked good too. how about New Pal

Solid.  Also some things to work on.

From NP twitter:

Charlie Spegal 6-95 Luke Canfield 4-66, 2 TD Eric Roudebush 30yd TD Lincoln Roth 2-3 passing, 43 yds, 2 TD (33 to Austin ,10 to R.Large) Darin Johnson 31 TD run Defense pitches a shutout.

Defense had two picks and recoverd a fumble.  Scecina looks to be down a bit though.

• Like 1