North Judson at West Central, 7:30 pm
Triton at Pioneer, 7 pm

Caston- 7   North Miami- 35

Culver-35  Winamac -21

Knox- 35   LaVille- 14

N. Judson-27   W. Central 6

Triton- 0   Pioneer- 48

North Miami 21 Caston 6 

Hats off to the young men playing for the Comets as they continue to battle and compete every week, that says a lot about their character. They will continue to put up a good fight this week, but it will not be enough to match the talent of North Miami. 

Winamac 28 Culver 7 

Looks as though Coach Barr finally is getting things figured out as they put up some serious stats against a tough North Judson squad.  Watched the Culver/ Triton game on youtube, and Culver looked very undisciplined and they lack the mental toughness to compete against a quality opponent. 

Knox 33 Laville 13 

The Redskins continue their unbeaten streak and look to fine tune all facets of the game before the Conference Championship Game next week against the Panthers.  The Lancers continue to gain maturity and develop their young guys who will be a force to be reckoned with in the future. 

North Judson 38 West Central 0 

Not sure what the difference was between the Jays that played Knox vs the Jays that played against Winamac, but they will get things figured out this week against the Trojans.  

Triton vs. Pioneer 

Nothing to say about this game except that the Triton football community and the family of Cameron Scarberry have my sympathy.  

Trying to keep myself distracted this week with a little football talk.  The Pioneer / Triton game has just become even more insignificant than it was a few days ago.  If our boys can focus enough to come out and put up a little resistance, I suppose that will be all we can expect.  They'll be motivated!  But that isn't likely to last long once the points start to add up on the Pioneer scoreboard.

Triton still getting very little respect from the computer!  Sagarin has both LaVille and Culver ranked higher than the Trojans despite Triton's wins over both.  

Winamac seems to be coming around.  I think the game this week with Culver will be a good one!  I certainly don't see Winamac dominating.  Sorry Sycamore.

I also think LaVille will give Knox a battle.  Not having played NJ, I would guess that LaVille's defense is better than the Jays.  So I see the Lancers holding Knox to 3 or 4 scores.  They might make a game of it.

Sagarin is heavily influenced by strength of schedule, your toughest opponent this year so far is Bremen, and we are not all that great.  Keep getting better, by sectionals it should work itself out. 

1 hour ago, MarshallCounty said:

Sagarin is heavily influenced by strength of schedule, your toughest opponent this year so far is Bremen, and we are not all that great.  Keep getting better, by sectionals it should work itself out. 

I know it doesn't matter one bit.  It just motivates our guys a little more. (You know, Rodney Dangerfield stuff.)   But actually, our toughest opponent - according to Sagarin - has been LaVille.  They are ranked higher than Bremen.  And we beat them.  So I don't really get it.  But, again, it doesn't matter.

Ratings are good and all, but they don't really signify how good a team really is. Mishawaka Marian is ranked way higher than Jimtown is, and Jimtown shut them out last week. Thats why I don't worry about where my team is ranked, or the team they are playing is ranked. Anything can happen on the field, thats what makes football so exciting. 

I agree with Fine Print. Sagarin is ridiculous and seldom makes sense.

that said this is such a tough week and our hearts go out to the Triton family.

The game will be played with heavy hearts on both sides as we too hurt for our football brethren 

best of luck to all teams and especially remember the Triton kids and coaches this week as you go about business 

• Upvote 4

CASTON

KNOX

WINAMAC

JUDSON (I HOPE)

PIONEER

am i reading this right that the panthers having given up a point all season? a million years ago judson had 10 straight shut outs so Pioneer is looking like they want to catch that. Defense wins championships

Edited by bigjay
  • Upvote 1

Caston at North Miami- North Miami 26 Caston 12- North Miami to much for the shorthanded Comets

Culver at Winamac- Culver 12 Winamac 6- Culver defense has played pretty well most of the year. Not sure Winamac's offense has the horses to beat them.

Knox at LaVille- Knox 32 LaVille 15- Knox gives up a couple scores looking on to the showdown with the Panthers next week.

North Judson at West Central- North Judson 24 West Central 6- Judson wakes up after last week's meltdown

Triton at Pioneer- Pioneer 47 Triton 0- Great aerial test for the Panthers before they get to some excellent passing attacks in sectionals with potential matchups with Carroll and LCC

43 minutes ago, Farmer Fran said:

Caston at North Miami- North Miami 26 Caston 12- North Miami to much for the shorthanded Comets

Culver at Winamac- Culver 12 Winamac 6- Culver defense has played pretty well most of the year. Not sure Winamac's offense has the horses to beat them.

Knox at LaVille- Knox 32 LaVille 15- Knox gives up a couple scores looking on to the showdown with the Panthers next week.

North Judson at West Central- North Judson 24 West Central 6- Judson wakes up after last week's meltdown

Triton at Pioneer- Pioneer 47 Triton 0- Great aerial test for the Panthers before they get to some excellent passing attacks in sectionals with potential matchups with Carroll and LCC

Are you counting out the Rebels, Falcons, and Cavs.... yeah ok, me too!

57 minutes ago, Farmer Fran said:

Of course I'm hoping that aerial attack of Triton's can hit on a couple of big plays and put one in the end zone.  No one can outrun the Panther DBs, so it would take a couple of big plays in a single series to do it.  I know it's a long shot, but eventually someone will.  Might as well be us!

From what I understand the Triton/Pioneer game will be played Thurs night instead of Friday due to funeral arrangements for Cameron.

Triton at Pioneer - A running clock will get everyone home sooner on a Thursday night.  Maybe start right after the opening kickoff.  This could be as bad as North White last week.  But it doesn't matter.  Our boys just need to get back on the field again, work through their emotions, and get ready for North Judson on Senior Night next week.  Pioneer 71-0

Caston at North Miami - Caston may keep this close for a half, but the Warriors will pull away in the second half.  North Miami 34-8

Culver at Winamac - Winamac is making strides, but I think Culver will be ticked after last week's game got away.  I see them playing some good football this week and beating the Warriors.  Culver 28-14

Knox at LaVille - This is my upset of the week.  LaVille will make big strides this week after last week's lack-luster win over Caston.  The LaVille D is stout.  Lancers 20-14

North Judson at West Central - This one is the Bluejays game to give away.  But they won't.  They will also play much better than last week and roll to a good win.  North Judson 33-6

I just want to say Pioneer and Triton are really showing that they are super cool and respectful institutions for moving the game to Thursday. They have reminded us that there are far more important things in this world then football. I tip my hat to both programs for being honorable and classy. It has to be a process to move the game because of people working it.  Gate concessions lights refs booth and way more. Thank you

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Fine Print said:

Triton at Pioneer - A running clock will get everyone home sooner on a Thursday night.  Maybe start right after the opening kickoff.  This could be as bad as North White last week.  But it doesn't matter.  Our boys just need to get back on the field again, work through their emotions, and get ready for North Judson on Senior Night next week.  Pioneer 71-0

Caston at North Miami - Caston may keep this close for a half, but the Warriors will pull away in the second half.  North Miami 34-8

Culver at Winamac - Winamac is making strides, but I think Culver will be ticked after last week's game got away.  I see them playing some good football this week and beating the Warriors.  Culver 28-14

Knox at LaVille - This is my upset of the week.  LaVille will make big strides this week after last week's lack-luster win over Caston.  The LaVille D is stout.  Lancers 20-14

North Judson at West Central - This one is the Bluejays game to give away.  But they won't.  They will also play much better than last week and roll to a good win.  North Judson 33-6

Knox's starting defense has giving up six points all year, one field goal to Culver and one too John Glenn. Should be a good game though

Here are my picks for this week. 

Laville vs Knox is the co-game of the Week. I think that Laville is starting to turn some heads, but struggles last week from I feel will carry over. Knox needs a statement game and I feel like this could be the icing on the cake for them as they face a tough defense. 

Here is the 2nd game of the Week. Culver vs Winamac. It is going to be a hot week for football. Culver will have to sun out their big men multiple times throughout the game and will be tired out real quick. I see Winamac having the upper hand in that area where they will be able to sub kids out. Could be a close game because no one knows what is going on in Winamac. 

NJSP and West Central. Not much to say, but I think West Central will stick with the Jays for probably the first part of the game, but the Jays will take over. 

Triton and Pioneer. Not much to say about this game except that my heart goes out to the kids over in Bourbon for their loss of Cam. It is definitely going to be a test for the Trojans and I think can put up a couple of scores. 

Good this week and I hope everyone stays safe this week with the heat. 

First the snoozers:

North Judson 42 West Central 0 

Judson should roll in this one.   

North Miami 35 Caston 7 

Comets are just  struggling.

More interesting game:

Knox 42 Laville 12 

Could very easily see this as a close game. Knox has some weaknesses. Culver and NJ have exposed some of them. The question is can the Lancers take advantage and create some exposures of their own. In the end, I think the youth of LV will do them in. Knox rolls in this one.

Game of the week:

Culver 21 Winamac 7 

I really thought Culver had a legitimate shot of entering this game with no losses or maybe 1. Talent is there. What is missing?  That can only be answered by the team and coaches. At the rate they are going, this game will be much closer than it should be. Culver will hang on to win. 

Tough one:

Triton 54 vs. Pioneer 54 

What should be a game of excitement and a measuring stick in Trojan land, will be somber and full of heartbreak. My heart really goes out to the teammates, coaches and Bourbon community. Nobody should have to go through that. Kudos to the great gestures shown by everyone at Pioneer. Here's to everyone having a safe game and fighting through the emotions of a terrible tragedy.  #54

Edited by Off In The Yard
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheBigBang said:

Knox's starting defense has giving up six points all year, one field goal to Culver and one too John Glenn. Should be a good game though

I was not aware of that.  It will be tough for the LaVille offense in that case.  They haven't been great on that side of the ball.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, bigjay said:

I just want to say Pioneer and Triton are really showing that they are super cool and respectful institutions for moving the game to Thursday. They have reminded us that there are far more important things in this world then football. I tip my hat to both programs for being honorable and classy. It has to be a process to move the game because of people working it.  Gate concessions lights refs booth and way more. Thank you

Absolutely right bigjay!  Our players voted to forfeit rather than play on Friday or Saturday in order to honor Cam and his family.  I'm truly grateful to Pioneer for being willing to move the game to Thursday!  Our boys need to get back on the field to work through their emotions.  Not playing this week would have stretched the healing process out that much longer and made it even more difficult to "get back up off the mat".  Again, thanks Pioneer for your willingness to adjust!

• Like 1

Prayers go out to the Triton Football team and the community tonight.  Thanks goes out to the Pioneer Panthers for playing the game on a Thursday night!  I wish both teams the best of luck!  God Bless!

I believe that there is a webcast of the game tonight. You can get to it from Triton  facebook page.

Edited by Mike Runyon