Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

ATTENTION: Southwest Indiana Football Fans: NEW BOOK

Our man @Rudy of Almanac Sports http://www.almanacsports.com/football/  has published another book archiving the tradition of SW Indiana Football 

You can purchase it here:    https://www.amazon.com./Years-Southwestern-Indiana-School-Football-ebook/dp/B07W3KQ52J/ref=sr_1_1?qid=1565791889&refinements=p_27%3ADaniel+Engler&s=digital-text&sr=1-1&text=Daniel+Engler

I know I bought his WHAT A CLUSTER https://www.amazon.com./What-Cluster-Indiana-footballs-infamous-ebook/dp/B07JF744MB/ref=sr_1_5?qid=1565792040&refinements=p_27%3ADaniel+Engler&s=digital-text&sr=1-5&text=Daniel+Engler     last year and it was fabulous

Rudy is a long time member of GID and as you can see with his website, has done a tremendous job in his years of archiving Indiana HS Football 

Thanks @Coach Nowlin!

At over 430 pages, this is the biggest book I've ever done.

The book goes all the way back to 1894 and goes through the end of the 2018 season.

It has conference standings, results, profiles for every current and former football-playing school in the area, county histories, championships, and so much more!

FUN FACT: Did you know the first conference in the area was called the Big Four Athletic & Oratorial Association? It was founded in 1904 by Linton, Princeton, Vincennes & Washington high schools. Evansville High joined in 1905, but they kept the Big Four name. One hundred years later, the Big Eight would only have seven teams and now only has six in their final season.

This information and more is in the book!

Dan "Rudy" Engler

• Like 1

I just purchased that book and the Spencer County book can go on the book shelf with the 20 Indiana Football Digests, "Local Legends 100 years of Southwestern Indiana Sports book,"  "Silenced Bells A Pictorial history of former Indiana high Schools" , A few Indiana High School basketball record books and a past issue of Hoosier Basketball.

On 8/17/2019 at 9:53 PM, DaveMosbey said:

I just purchased that book and the Spencer County book can go on the book shelf with the 20 Indiana Football Digests, "Local Legends 100 years of Southwestern Indiana Sports book,"  "Silenced Bells A Pictorial history of former Indiana high Schools" , A few Indiana High School basketball record books and a past issue of Hoosier Basketball.

Is the Dale Library also getting them or taking donations? I think Daryl Lovell would be very interested. I would love to be able to know his collection, the Finecies, Haaff and Hargis will have their personal archives stored at a school or library. 

31 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Is the Dale Library also getting them or taking donations? I think Daryl Lovell would be very interested. I would love to be able to know his collection, the Finecies, Haaff and Hargis will have their personal archives stored at a school or library. 

Dont know Darrell personally but he lives just down the street from me.

21 minutes ago, DaveMosbey said:

Dont know Darrell personally but he lives just down the street from me.

Well I'd say go meet at Windell's, but you might have to settle for a strombolli now at Jenks... Darrell and his sons are terrific. Do you have his book about the history of Dale? Lots of photos showing for example how the square has transformed over time, like the old pharmacies and bank buildings at the intersection of old 231 and 62 (the Mariah Hill to Lynnville road). 

50 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Well I'd say go meet at Windell's, but you might have to settle for a strombolli now at Jenks... Darrell and his sons are terrific. Do you have his book about the history of Dale? Lots of photos showing for example how the square has transformed over time, like the old pharmacies and bank buildings at the intersection of old 231 and 62 (the Mariah Hill to Lynnville road). 

Have the first addition, didn't get the 2nd.

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2019 at 6:22 AM, MuleDriver said:

@Rudy, are you the member that does the  'pcs poll'   Have i missed it this season? 

Yes that's me. You haven't missed it...just been very busy with a new position at work. I'm shooting to do one at the end of the regular season though.

Thanks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Yes that's me. You haven't missed it...just been very busy with a new position at work. I'm shooting to do one at the end of the regular season though.

Thanks!

And thank you sir. Your contribution to ihsaa football is much appreciated. Good luck at the new position. 

• Like 1