Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC -HCC-SAC

8 hours ago, Warren05 said:

John Harrell first had NC beating HSE 70-60

A couple of months early? #BasketballScore

That explains why Bob Lovell was talking about the "ton of points" North Central scored. I was confused. LOL

8 hours ago, Temptation said:

Chalk up two more for the HCC over the MIC last night, though NC did beat HSE.

Yes, and if we put it in Indy 500 terms, the Giants were trying to qualify for the Indy 500 in a 1950's roadster vs. Avon's 2019 IndyCar last night. 

55 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

A couple of months early? #BasketballScore

That explains why Bob Lovell was talking about the "ton of points" North Central scored. I was confused. LOL

Yea I was confused as well when i saw the score. I figure they sending a big "hold my beer" message to West Lafayette and Lafayette Jeff. 

• Like 1

I think I know the answer to this but I am going to pose the question to the board.

Does the HCC's 6-2 mark vs the MIC in the non-conference portion of the season mean that the torch has been passed or do you need to see more in the tournament and ultimately does an HCC team need to hoist the state championship trophy in Lucas Oil?

6-2 is pretty dominating as the only MIC wins were North Central by 1 over Hamilton Southeastern and Carmel dominating Noblesville.

Looking forward to the post season (ridiculous I know):

Three HCC schools (Fishers, Hamilton Southeastern and Westfield) will get their shot at Carmel in sectional 4.

The HCC will be heavily favored (Avon, Brownsburg, Zionsville, Pike) in sectional 5.

Ben Davis remains the favorite in sectional 6 (though keep an eye on Southport).

An All-MIC sectional 7 where Warren is the favorite but Lawrence North looks to be closing the gap.

Franklin Central (HCC) is improved but I think Center Grove (MIC) is still the overwhelming favorite in sectional 8.

Thoughts?

23 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I think I know the answer to this but I am going to pose the question to the board.

Does the HCC's 6-2 mark vs the MIC in the non-conference portion of the season mean that the torch has been passed or do you need to see more in the tournament and ultimately does an HCC team need to hoist the state championship trophy in Lucas Oil?

6-2 is pretty dominating as the only MIC wins were North Central by 1 over Hamilton Southeastern and Carmel dominating Noblesville.

Looking forward to the post season (ridiculous I know):

Three HCC schools (Fishers, Hamilton Southeastern and Westfield) will get their shot at Carmel in sectional 4.

The HCC will be heavily favored (Avon, Brownsburg, Zionsville, Pike) in sectional 5.

Ben Davis remains the favorite in sectional 6 (though keep an eye on Southport).

An All-MIC sectional 7 where Warren is the favorite but Lawrence North looks to be closing the gap.

Franklin Central (HCC) is improved but I think Center Grove (MIC) is still the overwhelming favorite in sectional 8.

Thoughts?

Let’s pump the brakes a bit. The HCC is having a fine exhibition season. Let’s see how they do in the real season.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Let’s pump the brakes a bit. The HCC is having a fine exhibition season. Let’s see how they do in the real season.

While I tend to agree (other than your use of the term "exhibition"), what do you believe is needed in order to make this a true statement?

A winning record in the postseason?

More teams remaining in the final four?

The state champion coming from the HCC?

Genuinely curious.

9 minutes ago, Temptation said:

While I tend to agree (other than your use of the term "exhibition"), what do you believe is needed in order to make this a true statement?

A winning record in the postseason?

More teams remaining in the final four?

The state champion coming from the HCC?

Genuinely curious.

I think it should take several seasons of apparent HCC superiority, in both the regular season and the tournament, before we can say the torch has been passed.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

I wouldn't say the torch has been passed. I would label it more that the HCC is right on the heels of the MIC. There is good depth in the HCC this year and the top teams have performed very well. That being said I think it would take a few more defeating MIC teams in the tournament and State Championships to totally surpass the MIC.

Avon looks to be very good this year. The Avon / Brownsburg game should be a dandy. Neither Avon or Brownsburg want to take their eye off of Westfield or Fishers though. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

Maybe, the torch being passed is a bit of an extreme but what would it take to say that 2019 was the year that the HCC outperformed the MIC?

I would say knocking Carmel out in the sectional and having either Avon or Brownsburg advance to Lucas Oil. This would certainly be a knockout!

58 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

I would say knocking Carmel out in the sectional and having either Avon or Brownsburg advance to Lucas Oil. This would certainly be a knockout!

I think I agree...

Another week where I’ve left more impressed with the HCC...Westfield and Fishers continue to impress me, whereas the MIC continues to drop off after the top three...

Seems like a lot of mediocrity after Center Grove.

I know the transitive property rarely works but Westfield just destroyed the same Zionsville team that beat Pike.

Combining the two TODAY:

Tier 1:

Avon

Brownsburg

Carmel

Warren Central

Tier 2:

Center Grove

Fishers

Westfield

Tier 3:

Ben Davis