Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Quality Conversations

This summer we (Bosse) brought in veteran official Dave Snider to speak with our players and coaches.  Was a really positive experience for everyone.  Players learned a massive amount and were able to ask tons of questions.  

Last night Mr. Snider invited myself and new Central HC Sean Coultis to speak with a room full of officials at their monthly meeting.  Once again, this was a really positive experience for all of us.  The running theme for both events is that communication is the key to keeping games and relationships positive and productive on Friday nights.  

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

This summer we (Bosse) brought in veteran official Dave Snider to speak with our players and coaches.  Was a really positive experience for everyone.  Players learned a massive amount and were able to ask tons of questions.  

Last night Mr. Snider invited myself and new Central HC Sean Coultis to speak with a room full of officials at their monthly meeting.  Once again, this was a really positive experience for all of us.  The running theme for both events is that communication is the key to keeping games and relationships positive and productive on Friday nights.  

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

We have had coaches talk to us at several association meetings. I think having dialogue between coaches and officials away from the field usually yields good results. We get a lot of feedback from coaches that they appreciate our communication. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree but we always try to get them answers to their questions. Fortunately I think the "Bob Knight" approach of working the officials to get a call late in the game, is going the way of the dinosaur.  

Good to read both of these comments. I know all of us (particularly parents) get upset at calls and I’m guilty of it myself but I have always had a hard time believing that on any level (high school and lower) that an official has it out for a program or a kid. In fact I don’t know single official that would say you know what I’m going to screw over team “A” in this JV game on a Saturday morning or Varsity Game on a Friday night. 

Obviously mistakes are made and calls are missed but the homer intentional thing is very very few and far between. 

Communication is absolutely what is necessary and good to read this. 

• Thanks 1

I think this is awesome.  Also shows your players that referees are not the bad guys.  Many youngsters have preconceived notions that refs are out to get them and the only time refs get coverage in the media is when they do a poor job.

Kudos!