Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Scimmage night!

17 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Mark Patrick or bob lovell are the only ones i have heard use it.  That is where i heard it also

My brain went totally awol on that comment about scheduling LC for scrimmages. South had stopped scheduling Center Grove for the preseason scrimmages because of the offense that they primarily used. I guess age is starting to creep up on me.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 10:49 PM, blueandgold2389 said:

Avon had their starters out there majority of the night. 

This is true.  #58 (iirc) was on the field almost to the end and he's a big young man!  I guess some coaches see it as any opportunity to get reps for the starters and other coaches see it as an opportunity to get all their players on film.

I do hope the injured Avon player will be OK.  It was a bad collision!  If any Avon supporter has any general information on his condition, please post it here.

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

This is true.  #58 (iirc) was on the field almost to the end and he's a big young man!  I guess some coaches see it as any opportunity to get reps for the starters and other coaches see it as an opportunity to get all their players on film.

I do hope the injured Avon player will be OK.  It was a bad collision!  If any Avon supporter has any general information on his condition, please post it here.

if they did the option without special teams, the varsity is only supposed to play the first three groups (37 total plays each side) and "reserves" are supposed to play the last two groups (16 total plays). 99% of the scrimmages probably use that option.

2 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

No info on his condition.  I know that Coach Bless has quite a few holes to fill, so I'm sure this scrimmage was a chance for the "rookies" to get some experience.