Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Scrimmage question

Irishman

Question

6 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Officials told our staff that no coaches could be on the field. But watching film this morning of our first opponent, coaches are on the field for both teams. Is it up to the officials whether they allow coaches on the field or not? 

Eastbrook coaches were on the field at Eastbrook but I only noticed them on defense.  

I believe the scrimmage rules allow for up to 2 coaches to be on the field. We've never strictly enforced that because it's a learning opportunity for everyone. Our coaches stayed on the sideline last night because they wanted to practice that, but they were two very good teams historically.

22 minutes ago, SoIndRef said:

We had a concern with even two coaches.  We had coaches critiquing our penalties, spots, and enforcement.... For a scrimmage....

Well, the goal of the scrimmages is to help round into mid-season form quickly. Coaches, too. 😅😂🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoIndRef said:

We had a concern with even two coaches.  We had coaches critiquing our penalties, spots, and enforcement.... For a scrimmage....

My experience has been it's a great opportunity to explain new rules, talk to players to explain things, etc. That being said we had a coach get rather upset with us that we would not allow his "blind" player to wear and tinted visor. The best part was after he took his helmet off, he also had sunglasses on.