Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Andrean at it again

Hamilton spent the first three seasons of his career with the Indians, then transferred to Andrean in order to finish out his prep career under 59ers coach Chris Skinner.

“I’m excited,” Hamilton said. “There’s a lot of good guys here, and I feel like we can really make something out of this season. We just gotta keep working and fix the small things.”

Entering his fourth year at the helm, Skinner didn’t want to put too much pressure on Hamilton and kept his play calling balanced. He opted to run on the first play of the game, but a few plays later Hamilton completed a couple passes and midway through the scrimmage he tossed the first of three touchdowns.

Must be nice to get a senior transfer like that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, futbolfan said:

Hamilton spent the first three seasons of his career with the Indians, then transferred to Andrean in order to finish out his prep career under 59ers coach Chris Skinner.

“I’m excited,” Hamilton said. “There’s a lot of good guys here, and I feel like we can really make something out of this season. We just gotta keep working and fix the small things.”

Entering his fourth year at the helm, Skinner didn’t want to put too much pressure on Hamilton and kept his play calling balanced. He opted to run on the first play of the game, but a few plays later Hamilton completed a couple passes and midway through the scrimmage he tossed the first of three touchdowns.

Must be nice to get a senior transfer like that. 

Good for him!    His parents must have thought the school was a good fit for him.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am a huge fan of open enrollment. I don't know the specifics of this situation, but I have seen it earn boys and girls college scholarships. I've seen it work the other way too ... Warren Central - CG and the George family.

The timing is quite convenient for all parties!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I am a huge fan of open enrollment. I don't know the specifics of this situation, but I have seen it earn boys and girls college scholarships. I've seen it work the other way too ... Warren Central - CG and the George family.

The timing is quite convenient for all parties!

As far as I know, Open Enrollment in terms of athletics applies only to student-athletes entering their 9th grade year. If student-athletes want to transfer, they must move or get approval from both schools for the transfer or appeal to the IHSAA for approval. I think most transfers like this are signed-off by both schools or due to a move.

I don't know the situation behind this one. But it smells funny when a talented Jr or Sr athlete moves from a struggling program to a strong program.

• Like 2

I looked up Hamilton on Max Preps,   what were his Varsity Stats at QB for LC last year? 

I will hang up and listen

My point is in 2019, families choose all the time what they think is best for their kid.   To sit back on here and make statements of something isn't right or "Smells funny" with zero knowledge is just wrong, but that is just me.   If both schools sign off, who cares? 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I looked up Hamilton on Max Preps,   what were his Varsity Stats at QB for LC last year? 

I will hang up and listen

My point is in 2019, families choose all the time what they think is best for their kid.   To sit back on here and make statements of something isn't right or "Smells funny" with zero knowledge is just wrong, but that is just me.   If both schools sign off, who cares? 

This is right on the money.    As a parent I'll send my kid to whatever school and coach I THINK is best for him.      

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 9:24 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

Andrean also loses kids to public schools

Street goes both ways.  

Bothers this guy ZERO bits. 

Yes, and I would bet they lose more kids to public schools than they get from public schools.  Very classy of you to make this point and ups the respect level I already had for you, Coach.

2 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

This is right on the money.    As a parent I'll send my kid to whatever school and coach I THINK is best for him.      

Exactly.  As long as there is not "undue influence" as defined by the IHSAA, kids should be allowed to go wherever they want and be eligible to play at whatever level they are capable of playing.  

17 minutes ago, tango said:

Yes, and I would bet they lose more kids to public schools than they get from public schools.  Very classy of you to make this point and ups the respect level I already had for you, Coach.

Exactly.  As long as there is not "undue influence" as defined by the IHSAA, kids should be allowed to go wherever they want and be eligible to play at whatever level they are capable of playing.  

Evansville Memorial has chimed in, lol...🙄

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

My problem is that the schools decide.  Some will always sign off while others will never sign off. The fact that this isn't a uniform rule across the state and is left to the hands of individual schools is bothersome in that similar circumstances are not treated similarly.

• Like 1

Schools have to have an opportunity to say, hold on, we have evidence of undue influence, hence why some may not sign off. 

I understand completely what you say about having a uniform transfer rule, but when you see the amount of transfers that are approved on IHSAA board minutes, its very high 90% tile 

I agree, the amount approved is high but it is the kids that do not get approved because they came from schools that basically do not sign off on anybody.  They may be few and far between, but they are there and I hate that they can keep a kid from playing a year of high school sports when a kid a town over can transfer w/o consequence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Evansville Memorial has chimed in, lol...🙄

LOL.  Not representing Evansville Memorial, just a guy who supports EM representing my own thoughts and opinions.

But while I'm here ...  I don't believe EM has ever had a kid transfer in from an IN public school (who played varsity at that public school) who was ruled eligible to play varsity immediately.  But in contrast, I can think of at least 5 kids in the last 3-4 years (who played varsity football and soccer for us) and have transferred out to a local public school and been eligible to play varsity immediately at the new school.   It's a double standard.  Even worse (albeit different scenario) is that last year we had a kid who: (A) had never played American football before; (B) was a 1 year transfer from his homeland of Iceland (that hotbed of American football) as his mother (a former Icelandic candidate for President) and father moved to NYC for her new job; and (C) pretty much had no idea what he was doing but tried very hard and could have at least gotten the experience of playing football under the lights on Friday night during 4th Q mop-up duty in 13 of the games we had that were over by the middle of the 3rd Q.  He was ineligible.  Go figure...  It could have been a wonderful story for the IHSAA to use in PR & marketing for all HS sports.  Nah....

2 minutes ago, tango said:

LOL.  Not representing Evansville Memorial, just a guy who supports EM representing my own thoughts and opinions.

But while I'm here ...  I don't believe EM has ever had a kid transfer in from an IN public school (who played varsity at that public school) who was ruled eligible to play varsity immediately.  But in contrast, I can think of at least 5 kids in the last 3-4 years (who played varsity football and soccer for us) and have transferred out to a local public school and been eligible to play varsity immediately at the new school.   It's a double standard.  Even worse (albeit different scenario) is that last year we had a kid who: (A) had never played American football before; (B) was a 1 year transfer from his homeland of Iceland (that hotbed of American football) as his mother (a former Icelandic candidate for President) and father moved to NYC for her new job; and (C) pretty much had no idea what he was doing but tried very hard and could have at least gotten the experience of playing football under the lights on Friday night during 4th Q mop-up duty in 13 of the games we had that were over by the middle of the 3rd Q.  He was ineligible.  Go figure...  It could have been a wonderful story for the IHSAA to use in PR & marketing for all HS sports.  Nah....

I believe HH might have an exchange student playing this year.

Just now, Titan32 said:

I believe HH might have an exchange student playing this year.

Which would tend to prove my point about the double-standard.   Is he from Iceland?  LOL

52 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Schools have to have an opportunity to say, hold on, we have evidence of undue influence, hence why some may not sign off. 

But a kid saying "I want to play for "school x" or "Coach Y" isn't undue influence, right?  

17 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I think it's kind of ironic that the original poster who brought this up follows Crown Point, a school that's had their share of "move-ins" in multiple sports

like a certain sport in the winter time...........  Not named with a BALL at the end, but a ing and rhymes with estling? 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

like a certain sport in the winter time...........  Not named with a BALL at the end, but a ing and rhymes with estling? 

wwe????????????????????