PAC Week 1

Friday, Aug. 23

Forest Park at Gibson Southern ©, 6:30 pm

Heritage Hills at Mount Vernon, 7 pm

Perry Central at Tell City, 7 pm

Pike Central at Brown County, 6 pm

South Spencer at North Posey ©, 7 pm

Southridge at Linton, 6:30 pm

Forest Park (0-0) at Gibson Southern (0-0)

GAME TIME: 6:30 pm CT, Jewell Field.

COACHES: Ross Fuhs, 16-55 in 8th year at Forest Park. Nick Hart, 76-12 in 8th year at Gibson Southern.

LAST YEAR'S SAGARIN RATINGS: Gibson Southern, 65.98, 76th overall, 6th in 3A. Forest Park, 6.32, 290th overall, 60th in 2A.

SERIES LAST 30 YEARS: Gibson Southern, 8-3

LAST MEETING: Gibson Southern, 48-0, Aug. 17, 2018.

Heritage Hills (0-0) at Mount Vernon (Posey) (0-0)

GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Memorial Stadium.

COACHES: Todd Wilkerson, 49-26 in 8th year at Heritage Hills. Cory Brunson, 6-14 in 3rd year at Mount Vernon.

LAST YEAR'S SAGARIN RATINGS: Heritage Hills, 69.97, 62nd overall, 5th in 3A. Mount Vernon, 38.45, 189th overall, 34th in 3A.

SERIES LAST 30 YEARS: Heritage Hills, 8-1

LAST MEETING: Heritage Hills, 47-0, Oct. 19, 2018, sectional.

Perry Central (0-0) at Tell City (0-0)

GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Legion Field.

COACHES: Greg Gibson, 46-30 in 8th year at Perry Central. Aaron Clements, 3-7 in 2nd year at Tell City.

LAST YEAR'S SAGARIN RATINGS: Perry Central, 30.26, 225th overall, 24th in 1A. Tell City, 26.01, 234th overall, 41st in 2A.

SERIES LAST 30 YEARS: Perry Central, 8-4

LAST MEETING: Perry Central, 6-0, OT, Aug. 17, 2018.

South Spencer (0-0) at North Posey (0-0)

GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Viking Field.

COACHES: John Edge, 2-8 in 2nd year at South Spencer. Waylon Schenk, 12-8 in 3rd year at North Posey, 40-32 in 8th year overall.

LAST YEAR'S SAGARIN RATINGS: North Posey, 19.53, 259th overall, 51st in 2A. South Spencer, 18.39, 263rd overall, 54th in 2A.

SERIES LAST 30 YEARS: South Spencer, 22-20

LAST MEETING: North Posey, 39-28, Aug. 17, 2018.

Southridge (0-0) at Linton-Stockton (0-0)

GAME TIME: 7:30 pm ET, Williams Field.

COACHES: Scott Buening, 58-19 in 7th year at Southridge, 70-47 in 11th year overall. Brian Oliver, 64-15 in 7th year at Linton.

LAST YEAR'S SAGARIN RATINGS: Southridge, 53.14, 121st overall, 13th in 3A. Linton, 43.26, 176th overall, 29th in 2A.

SERIES LAST 30 YEARS: Southridge, 4-0

LAST MEETING: Southridge, 35-7, Aug. 17, 2018.

I think of all the week one games the one on paper that seems the most interesting is the SR vs LS game.  I want to see what SR does with a new QB and if there is any real affect on the team at all.  With that said....

GS in an absolute route. 

HH big over Mt. Vernon

Perry over TC in a close one.

SS vs Posey flip a coin.  

SR over Stockton in a fight.

2 hours ago, Patriot 74 said:

I think of all the week one games the one on paper that seems the most interesting is the SR vs LS game.  I want to see what SR does with a new QB and if there is any real affect on the team at all.  With that said....

GS in an absolute route. 

HH big over Mt. Vernon

Perry over TC in a close one.

SS vs Posey flip a coin.  

SR over Stockton in a fight.

I agree with those picks except I’ll take my Vikings to make it 6 straight openers. I’ll add it’s tough to win at LS. Tall order even with your stud QB back but without him.... pulling for a all PAC winning Friday night!

7 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Is Pike Central still in the PAC?

Yes.  And will be part of the new look PAC conference next season.

12 minutes ago, Cappy said:

I agree with those picks except I’ll take my Vikings to make it 6 straight openers. I’ll add it’s tough to win at LS. Tall order even with your stud QB back but without him.... pulling for a all PAC winning Friday night!

My pick will be the Vikings as well.  I think there is going to be a pretty big leap for them this season.

Edited by Titan32

1 minute ago, JQWL said:

I was just curious because no one was picking that game.

Looks like I included it in the top part but missed it in the second part.  Here ya go!

Pike Central (0-0) at Brown County (0-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Hill Field.
COACHES: Dave Stephens, 1-9 in 2nd year at Pike Central. Randy Minniear, 7-23 in 4th year at Brown County.
LAST YEAR'S SAGARIN RATINGS: Brown County, 10.69, 275th overall, 56th in 3A. Pike Central, .53, 304th overall, 61st in 3A.
SERIES LAST 30 YEARS: No meetings.

50 minutes ago, Cappy said:

I agree.  I think SS will move the ball okay just not real certain they can stop anyone.  I will lean towards the Vikings a little too.  

20 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I'll go with Brown County 35-28

I am going with PC in this one.  For some reason I feel they are gonna to start off the season 1-0!!

From the radio show last night tell city is returning a bunch of guys and they had a bunch of close games last year.

3rd/4th is about what I see them possibly finishing at. I think they have the upside to go 6-3/5-4. Obviously won’t be easy as the middle of PAC looks to be ready for a nice boost.  Lots of 2nd year coaches returning a good number of kids 

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I think this is the year that the Titans will break through and play on Thanksgiving weekend. It will be well deserved.

Why would you think that for???  Taking nothing from the Titans at all.  Just curious on the basis of this statement.

4 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

The Titans have a good football program that has been successful for a sustained period of time. Their two historical roadblocks in the tournament are removed with Memorial in class 4 and Chatard coming out of the north. I think they are due. I realize Heritage Hills has something to say about this as well. 

It certainly appears that the combination of 3A realignment and success factor bump of Memorial over the next 2 years puts GS in a nice spot.  I'm looking forward to the preview of the possible semi-state match-up with Princeton on 9/20.   

59 minutes ago, tango said:

It certainly appears that the combination of 3A realignment and success factor bump of Memorial over the next 2 years puts GS in a nice spot.  I'm looking forward to the preview of the possible semi-state match-up with Princeton on 9/20.   

I actually believe most GS followers wish Memorial was still in our sectional the next two years.  The Titans would like some pay back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

The Titans have a good football program that has been successful for a sustained period of time. Their two historical roadblocks in the tournament are removed with Memorial in class 4 and Chatard coming out of the north. I think they are due. I realize Heritage Hills has something to say about this as well. 

There is a team called Brownstown who might also have a word or two.

38 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Nah!!!  It's pretty much all over except for the crying!!  GS is playing for the state championship this year.  No since in playing weeks 1 thru 14!!  Too much talent.  This is their year!!  and NO ONE in sectionals 29-32 have a chance!!  Let's move on to basketball.......

Edited by Patriot 74
  • Haha 1

Just now, Patriot 74 said:

Nah!!!  It's pretty much all over except for the crying!!  GS is playing for the state championship this year.  No since in playing weeks 1 thru 14!!  Too much talent.  This is their year!!  and NO ONE in sectionals 29-32 have a chance!!  Let's move on to basketball.......

You are being a little hard on Tanka Jahari.  Just his opinion, I am sure there are several opinions/predictions for HH or BTC or whoever.....and they will all evolve as the year progresses!!

21 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

You are being a little hard on Tanka Jahari.  Just his opinion, I am sure there are several opinions/predictions for HH or BTC or whoever.....and they will all evolve as the year progresses!!

No sir that comment wasn't directed at anyone specifically, especially Tanka.   But from the way the papers are writing articles, and the coverage of local news stations, and the comments on this thread..........it doesn't sound like anyone has a chance this year vs GS.  

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

No question about that.  And obviously Heritage Hills.  Brownstown is such a tough opponent to prepare for when you don't see that stuff at any time during the season.  My main point was that the 3A South landscape looks a little different than in recent years.  The only 2 teams in the year-end 3A Top 10 from Sagarin who remain in the South are GS and HH.  Having Chatard, Brebeuf and Guerin all go to the North is what in golf would be described as a fortuitous bounce...  

1 hour ago, Titan20 said:

I actually believe most GS followers wish Memorial was still in our sectional the next two years.  The Titans would like some pay back.

I'm sure they would.  It's a shame the match-up won't happen at least for a couple of years.  It's grown into a great rivalry, mainly because both schools have pretty vocal and confident fan bases.  LOL.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Media/other fans: GS returns a lot to an already great team. They are looking to make a deep push into the post season this year

GS/GS community: yeah you know we have a great community/team/coaches to be competitive with most teams. We have a chance but let’s take care of business this week and focus on winning the conference title

HH fans: OMG. GS is so freaking great. Nobody should even freaking try....they are the best 🙄🙄🙄. Crown them champs already. They already have won!