Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Patriot 74 said:

No sir that comment wasn't directed at anyone specifically, especially Tanka.   But from the way the papers are writing articles, and the coverage of local news stations, and the comments on this thread..........it doesn't sound like anyone has a chance this year vs GS.  

No one with a brain is sleeping on HH!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriot 74 said:

No sir that comment wasn't directed at anyone specifically, especially Tanka.   But from the way the papers are writing articles, and the coverage of local news stations, and the comments on this thread..........it doesn't sound like anyone has a chance this year vs GS.  

Oh for goodness sake. Stop the poor me stuff so early in the season drama queen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Sacked said:

Oh for goodness sake. Stop the poor me stuff so early in the season drama queen. 

I have told kids to skip the GS game this year, go on vacation, fake an injury, jury duty......anything!!!  I mean for goodness sake you guys want pay back on Memorial!!!  Our boys might get hurt in a game like that!!  

Edited by Patriot 74
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

I have told kids to skip the GS game this year, go on vacation, fake an injury, jury duty......anything!!!  I mean for goodness sake you guys want pay back on Memorial!!!  Our boys might get hurt in a game like that!!  

You had to have been the youngest child.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

You had to have been the youngest child.

Not real sure about that one!!  All I know is that I raised by some dude named Mowgli..............and he warned me about those Titans!!!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriot 74 said:

I have told kids to skip the GS game this year, go on vacation, fake an injury, jury duty......anything!!!  I mean for goodness sake you guys want pay back on Memorial!!!  Our boys might get hurt in a game like that!!  

 

congratulations-on-your-ability-to-create-cnuck-nothing-memes-happen-com-23256464.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sacked said:

 

congratulations-on-your-ability-to-create-cnuck-nothing-memes-happen-com-23256464.png

So let me get this one straight.......when the Gridiron public is patting GS on the back, telling you how great you are, throwing rose petals at your feet during a victory parade for a game yet to be played......then everything is just fancy???  But one some one has a little fun, and tries to bring some humor into the conversation (I mean the Mowgli thing was funny), then it's drama and you all get your feelings hurt because we're not playing nice????  Is this right??

 

GOOD!!!  No wonder Chatard, Guerin, and Brebeuf all petitioned the state to get moved north....they wanted no part of GS this year!!  At least until LOS!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

So let me get this one straight.......when the Gridiron public is patting GS on the back, telling you how great you are, throwing rose petals at your feet during a victory parade for a game yet to be played......then everything is just fancy???  But one some one has a little fun, and tries to bring some humor into the conversation (I mean the Mowgli thing was funny), then it's drama and you all get your feelings hurt because we're not playing nice????  Is this right??

 

GOOD!!!  No wonder Chatard, Guerin, and Brebeuf all petitioned the state to get moved north....they wanted no part of GS this year!!  At least until LOS!!

I think that you are the only one on here with hurt feelings. Nobody that I have talked to at GS give a rats butt what the media or anyone else is saying. Your the only one that seems to have a problem with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sacked said:

I think that you are the only one on here with hurt feelings. Nobody that I have talked to at GS give a rats butt what the media or anyone else is saying. Your the only one that seems to have a problem with it.

You wouldn't happen to have a towel or something I could borrow to wipe away the tears do you??  AND the media, nor the internet are allowed to lie, even we over here in lowly Spencer county know that.  So that means everyone should just look to the winter sports season, because football is a done deal for 2019 cause the internet and news say so!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is motivation an issue this year in the jungle? You seem to really be working hard to fabricate some bulletin board material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sacked said:

Is motivation an issue this year in the jungle? You seem to really be working hard to fabricate some bulletin board material.

We don't have bulletin boards, not in the budget!!  Thanks for asking though. 

And motivation is high in the jungle!!  Beautiful stadium, nice new parking area, an awesome train horn that makes noise, concessions selling Patriot Dogs, and I even think there are kids playing football!!  Things couldn't be better!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patriot 74 said:

We don't have bulletin boards, not in the budget!!  Thanks for asking though. 

And motivation is high in the jungle!!  Beautiful stadium, nice new parking area, an awesome train horn that makes noise, concessions selling Patriot Dogs, and I even think there are kids playing football!!  Things couldn't be better!!

The Patriot Dogs are pretty damn good....just sayin'!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

The Patriot Dogs are pretty damn good....just sayin'!

Just wish there was more room, another facility set up, something to make it more accessible when there are big crowds for good games.  It can be embarrassing when the opposing team's crowd have to wait forever......also just sayin'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot 74 said:

Just wish there was more room, another facility set up, something to make it more accessible when there are big crowds for good games.  It can be embarrassing when the opposing team's crowd have to wait forever......also just sayin'

We have the same issue at concessions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriot 74 said:

You wouldn't happen to have a towel or something I could borrow to wipe away the tears do you??  AND the media, nor the internet are allowed to lie, even we over here in lowly Spencer county know that.  So that means everyone should just look to the winter sports season, because football is a done deal for 2019 cause the internet and news say so!!!!

The real question is why would another PAC team have patriot74 on their payroll?  I guess South Spencer loves being the little brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Titan20 said:

The real question is why would another PAC team have patriot74 on their payroll?  I guess South Spencer loves being the little brother.

Or an even better question........why didn't GS get accepted into the SIAC ????  I mean since they are so tired of playing in the weak PAC???  Inquiring minds want to know!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Or an even better question........why didn't GS get accepted into the SIAC ????  I mean since they are so tired of playing in the weak PAC???  Inquiring minds want to know!!

Was last year fun for you to watch? You rolled through the PAC with a 46 point margin of victory average over all the PAC teams. Were those exciting games for you? How well did that prepare you for the sectionals? But at least you have another banner to hang on the wall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sacked said:

Was last year fun for you to watch? You rolled through the PAC with a 46 point margin of victory average over all the PAC teams. Were those exciting games for you? How well did that prepare you for the sectionals? But at least you have another banner to hang on the wall. 

What on earth are you talking about???  There WERE some good opponents last year in the conference, you know it too  It's unfortunate that top to bottom the conference is down, but the answer isn't jumping ship either!!  No one is talking about banners on this thread.  Not sure why you would bring something like that into this, but since you did I will reply.....YES high school athletes appreciate conference titles, and so should their communities  ESPECIALLY when said title means you beat one of the best teams in 2A and one of the best teams in 3A.  Was the post season a little disheartening for anyone in Patriot Nation, you bet (rhetorical question)  But the PAC conference does not hamper your post season ability, it puts county rivals, and schools less than 10 miles apart on the same field.  It gives smalls schools the chance to beat a state contender.  That's what the PAC is.........So if you all really don't like competing in the conference and the banners, then I am not sure what to tell you. 

And one last thing.....if you can't take some playful, tongue in cheek banter about your school then shame on ya.  There is not a person in Spencer County that doesn't have September 27th circled and for good reason, coupled with knowing the sectional is going to be a dog fight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

What on earth are you talking about???  There WERE some good opponents last year in the conference, you know it too  It's unfortunate that top to bottom the conference is down, but the answer isn't jumping ship either!!  No one is talking about banners on this thread.  Not sure why you would bring something like that into this, but since you did I will reply.....YES high school athletes appreciate conference titles, and so should their communities  ESPECIALLY when said title means you beat one of the best teams in 2A and one of the best teams in 3A.  Was the post season a little disheartening for anyone in Patriot Nation, you bet (rhetorical question)  But the PAC conference does not hamper your post season ability, it puts county rivals, and schools less than 10 miles apart on the same field.  It gives smalls schools the chance to beat a state contender.  That's what the PAC is.........So if you all really don't like competing in the conference and the banners, then I am not sure what to tell you. 

And one last thing.....if you can't take some playful, tongue in cheek banter about your school then shame on ya.  There is not a person in Spencer County that doesn't have September 27th circled and for good reason, coupled with knowing the sectional is going to be a dog fight.

What's September 27th? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sacked said:

What's September 27th? 

Friday night at the Persimmon Festival in Mitchell Indiana....................DUH

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patriot 74 said:

Or an even better question........why didn't GS get accepted into the SIAC ????  I mean since they are so tired of playing in the weak PAC???  Inquiring minds want to know!!

The SIAC has room for two more.....HH and GS maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Titan76 said:

The SIAC has room for two more.....HH and GS maybe?

How so?  I believe there is a "No Vacancy" sign out now.  I would hate 2 divisions in football.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one has created a thread for the PAC in the Pick'Em Club. Link: 

 

Here are my Week 1 winners, if anyone decides to create a thread in that forum (or run it here until then ... I have enough on my plate):

Gibson Southern (as much as they want)
Heritage Hills (HH wins, I don't see them scoring more than five TDs)
Tell City (toss up)
Brown County (toss up)
North Posey (South Spencer probably wants revenge, but do they have the horses to win in Poseyville?)
Southridge (hold on to the football, please)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Patriot 74

 

i dont think banter is the issue. I think the issue is you missed the ship for GS fans being over confident 3 years ago. 

 

It really seems to me over the past couple of years the hyping of GS has died down among the fans on here.  We all know GS has a great team and is capable of winning. But now it’s just about taking care of business. 

 

Heritage hills is definitely circled on calendars....but there are 5 games before that.  3 of them have to be won if we want to roll into the jungle contending for a conference championship.  Sectional 32 didn’t even catch a break this year either. Long distance games...HH and SR in the mix. 

 

From the way the atmosphere feels among GS fans this year....nothing seems to be taken for granted.  Everyone knows what’s possible. Everyone knows the teams who want to stop GS.  Everyone knows the numbers to look for....it’s just time to go out and execute. No excuses this year. Go out play the best we can. Hope these kids stay healthy and earn every victory they get. 

 

Idk man. The week of Sept 27 will likely get a little rowdy on here but GS still has forest park, south Spencer, north posey, Southport, Princeton before then.  We just need to chill for a second I’m sure on Sept 21st things will be wild here. But until both teams have 5 games they need to go out and try to win 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...