Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Columbus East @ Whiteland

Can’t believe Week 1 is finally here! I want to wish all teams around the state good luck and injury free games all season long. 

As for week 1, what does Whiteland return? I felt like they were a senior laden team last year.. What should we expect out of them this year. I know the offense will be the same.

As for East, they return a lot of players that either started or saw significant minutes as back ups last year. I’m looking forward to this season to see how East does and how they stack up against possibly a CG match up in the sectional. 

• Like 1

I'll be really interested to see how East comes out of the gate.  I've heard that there are/were some conditioning issues with some key players, but hope it's been remedied (or wasn't true to begin with).  I kind of remember Whiteland being senior heavy last year (and seemed like they were really big!).  I won't be at the first game (my kid at East may go, so I may at least get a student's perspective on it), but am looking forward to this season!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I'll be really interested to see how East comes out of the gate.  I've heard that there are/were some conditioning issues with some key players, but hope it's been remedied (or wasn't true to begin with).  I kind of remember Whiteland being senior heavy last year (and seemed like they were really big!).  I won't be at the first game (my kid at East may go, so I may at least get a student's perspective on it), but am looking forward to this season!

Gaddis is usually pretty straight forward. I thought in The Republic he had said he was impressed with how well the first practices had been and that they had been going pretty hard. I can see a few conditioning problems tho as kids are just coming back from summer break. 

Gaddis did say that nobody is starting both ways this year. While some are back ups that nobody would be starting on both ends of the ball. 

• Like 1

I will be at the game. I am a parent of a player. East usually starts slow and builds as players gel and learn their rolls. Still lots of players learning new roles and seeing significant minutes this year versus marginal minutes last year.  Skill positions should be solid but line play on both sides of the ball will determines success. I personally was a bit concerned from the Martinsville scrimmage. I think Whiteland is big and runs a tough offense. Offensively we may struggle to run the ball early.  I hope I am wrong. Three pretty tough games to start the season. 2-1 would be really good 

• Like 1

I remember last year, the first play of the game vs Whiteland, I knew we were in trouble.  They had scouted really well, and just smothered us.  I truly believe that Gaddis doesn't make that mistake again, and will have the guys ready.  On an additional note, I hope that it doesn't pour like it did vs Whiteland last year lol!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mamasa said:

I remember last year, the first play of the game vs Whiteland, I knew we were in trouble.  They had scouted really well, and just smothered us.  I truly believe that Gaddis doesn't make that mistake again, and will have the guys ready.  On an additional note, I hope that it doesn't pour like it did vs Whiteland last year lol!  

As bad as East played last year East still had a chance to win that game lol. 

• Like 1