Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The Democrat's roster for a Trump - beater in 2020

swordfish

Warrior-Mayor Pete’s Sanctimonious Chest Thumping: https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/warrior-mayor-petes-sanctimonious-chest-thumping/

As another Memorial Day came and went, Mayor Pete Buttigieg was criticizing President Donald Trump for reportedly considering pardons for several service members accused of war crimes. He called the idea “slander against veterans that could only come from somebody who never served.” The 37-year-old Democrat mocked the president, saying, “I don’t have a problem standing up to somebody who was working on Celebrity Apprentice when I was packing my bags for Afghanistan.” Mayor Pete also defended NFL national anthem protests, declaring, “Trump would get it if he had served.” He claimed he’d “put his life on the line” for those rights.

Buttigieg gets away unchallenged with these shots because critical thought on military service is the third rail of journalism. But context matters. Buttigieg did all of six months in 2014 as a reservist deep inside Bagram Airfield, mostly as a personal driver for his boss, locked and loaded inside a Toyota Land Cruiser. It is unlikely he ever ate a cold meal in Afghanistan.

On the campaign trail, Buttigieg refers to himself “as the first veteran president since George H.W. Bush.” Meanwhile, Democratic presidential candidate Seth Moulton was a platoon commander in the initial company of Marines that entered Baghdad in 2003, returning for a total of four combat deployments. Tulsi Gabbard did two full tours in the Middle East, one inside Iraq. She volunteered to become the first state official to step down from public office to serve in a war zone, 10 years before Buttigieg. So if you wanna measure for size, bro, the line forms behind Moulton and Gabbard.

Everyone at war has different experiences, and unless you’re the dude who held bin Laden’s still-beating heart in his hand (and then took a bite out of it), someone had it tougher than you. But Mayor Pete is milking his service for all it is worth politically, stretching a short tour into civics lessons he suggests can’t be learned any other way.

Like hauling out old yearbook photos to sanctimoniously judge them in the Pure Light of 2019, Buttigieg is wrong to compare his service to anyone but that of his peers, because the real questions didn’t end when the draft did in 1973. Instead of using Vietnam-era actions as a hypocritical political cudgel, Buttigieg should tell us why he volunteered to serve and why Obama, and now Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Beto O’Rourke, and the rest, did not. Though a draft did not force them to decide, they still decided. Though they did not face the legal issues of an earlier generation, the more important existential ones—what do you owe your country, what is the value of service, who goes in your place when you stay home to focus on college and career—get sharper even as they get easier to dodge.

The post-Vietnam candidates now seeking the presidency followed in the same path of privilege as those Buttigieg selectively despises, but have done so without their choices being questioned. Maybe it’s time to change that.

• Disdain 1

https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/local/elizabeth-warren-touts-another-plan-at-campaign-rally-in-elkhart/article_2e6d99c4-ac67-5989-bf4c-facbdb622588.html

Senator Warren popped into town yesterday pushing against corporations, touting plans to cut emissions, increase renewable energy.....At the RV/MH Hall of Fame (yes, one does exist).......In the RV capital of the WORLD.......

Campaign estimated the crowd at about 600......

Last year DJT filled the largest HS gym in Northern Indiana (about 6 miles away) to capacity with additionally thousands outside.......

Even Mayor Pete avoids the area......

23 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Chrysler Arena is north of 70, the boundary for many between north and south. Never let facts get in the way of taking pot shots.  

My humblest apologies, it has come to my attention that New Castle removed some seats and now is #3 on the list. And there's no longer an edit function. I bow to your superior intellect.

17 hours ago, swordfish said:

https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/local/elizabeth-warren-touts-another-plan-at-campaign-rally-in-elkhart/article_2e6d99c4-ac67-5989-bf4c-facbdb622588.html

Senator Warren popped into town yesterday pushing against corporations, touting plans to cut emissions, increase renewable energy.....At the RV/MH Hall of Fame (yes, one does exist).......In the RV capital of the WORLD.......

Campaign estimated the crowd at about 600......

Last year DJT filled (ONE OF) the largest HS gym(S) in Northern Indiana (about 6 miles away) to capacity with additionally thousands outside.......

Even Mayor Pete avoids the area......

(FIFY in red - BO - thanks for editing to achieve accuracy buddy.....)  

Elkhart's Northside Gymnasium seats over 7,300, and the Trump rally referenced included seating and those standing on the gym floor + the thousands outside.......so yeah......somewhere over the 10,000 range compared to an estimated 600......

Edited by swordfish

https://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-mayor-pete-glug-booze-with-desus-mero-in-nyc-streets/

2020 Presidential Candidate Pete Buttigieg got “uptown certified” as Desus & Mero showed him around their home turf in New York City.

“I am the only Episcopalian Maltese-American gay war veteran running,” Buttigieg said when the Bodega Boys asked what set him apart from the 23 other Democrats running for the highest office.

They discussed the election, as well as some more personal issues.

“I don’t think America is ready for my feet,” Buttigieg said when discussing pedicures as a routine self care act, “I find it socially challenging to have somebody rubbing your feet.”

The pair asked Buttigieg if he ever thought he would have a shot at being America’s first gay president.

“When I was growing up I felt like you could either be out and gay, or you could be in an elected office, but you couldn’t be both,” said Buttigieg.

“I live in Indiana, and when I came out, Mike Pence was governor,” said Mayor Pete, who loves a good opportunity to dunk on the VP.

“I didn’t know what was going to happen but I wanted to get out and start dating. I got reelected with 80% of the vote.”

“We’re gonna close it out with an uptown tradition,” said Desus. “They say in New York City you’re not allowed to have open containers, but if you put an alcoholic beverage in a brown bag, the cops don’t see it.”

“Keep it low in case the cops go by. They be trippin’ at the end of the month, bro.

Hmmm......

Biden, Sanders, Buttigieg to debate; Warren on separate night: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/448596-biden-sanders-buttigieg-to-debate-warren-on-separate-night

Former Vice President Joe Biden will face off against Sen. Bernie Sanders(I-Vt.) and South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg on the second night of the initial Democratic presidential debates this month, with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) appearing on the first night, NBC News announced Friday.

This arrangement would leave Warren as the only top-tier candidate on stage the first night of the debates on June 26, denying her a chance to go head to head with her chief rivals, Biden and Sanders, at a time when her campaign appears ascendant.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) will also be in the debate with Biden and Sanders on June 27, the second night of the debate.

The lineup sets up what is almost certain to be a heated showdown on the second night of the debates, pitting four of the highest-profile Democratic presidential hopefuls against one another in a two-hour spectacle.

Aside from Biden, Sanders, Buttigieg and Harris, the second-night lineup includes Sens. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.) and Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), as well as Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.), former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, best-selling author Marianne Williamson and tech entrepreneur Andrew Yang.

There’s still a silver lining for Warren, the highest-profile candidate in the first night of the debates. Her spot means that she won’t have to compete for attention with other front-runners, potentially amplifying her voice on stage.

Also debating on the first night are former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas), Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii), Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, former Rep. John Delaney (D-Md.), Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) and Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.).

With the lineup made public, candidates can now begin tailoring their debate performances with specific opponents in mind.

Who will be watching with rapt attention?

• Disdain 1

6 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Biden, Sanders, Buttigieg to debate; Warren on separate night: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/448596-biden-sanders-buttigieg-to-debate-warren-on-separate-night

Who will be watching with rapt attention?

Ehhh, we're nearly eight months from the first vote being cast......I'm sure the press will tell me everything I need to know the next day.

Apparently, Bernie Sanders Doesn't Know the Difference Between Revenue and Profit: https://reason.com/2019/06/18/apparently-bernie-sanders-doesnt-know-the-difference-between-revenue-and-profit/

This morning, Democratic presidential candidate and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I) tweeted out his support for efforts to unionize the video game industry. He did so in a fashion truly appropriate for the man—one that made it clear that he doesn't always grasp basic economics:

The video game industry made $43 billion in revenue last year. The workers responsible for that profit deserve to collectively bargain as part of a union. I'm glad to see unions like @IATSE and the broader @GameWorkers movement organizing such workers. https://time.com/5603329/e3-video-game-creators-union/ 

In the tweet, Sanders confuses "revenue" with "profit." This is not an insignificant mistake, but it's one that is common in reporting about large American corporations. All too often, reporters talk about how much money a company takes in without offering any analysis of that company's expenses. Amazon, for example, despite massive revenues has only recently begun making an actual profit. In the Time storythat Sanders links to, writer Alana Semuels similarly fails to differentiate between revenue and profit when covering the efforts to organize.

It's true that the game industry did bring in $42 billion in revenue last year from customers in the United States (and nearly $140 billion worldwide). But revenue is the money a company brings in before deducting its expenses, like, for example, workers' wages. . It's only after such workers are paid (and other expenses are deducted) that we can talk about profit.

Sanders, of course, has a long history of failing to grasp the basics of market economics. He frequently sees marketplace choices as a threat, even as they open avenues and opportunities for our poorest citizens or provide all of us with ever improving mass entertainment.

• Disdain 1

Apparently, Bernie Sanders Doesn't Know the Difference Between Revenue and Profit: https://reason.com/2019/06/18/apparently-bernie-sanders-doesnt-know-the-difference-between-revenue-and-profit/

This morning, Democratic presidential candidate and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I) tweeted out his support for efforts to unionize the video game industry. He did so in a fashion truly appropriate for the man—one that made it clear that he doesn't always grasp basic economics:

The video game industry made $43 billion in revenue last year. The workers responsible for that profit deserve to collectively bargain as part of a union. I'm glad to see unions like @IATSE and the broader @GameWorkers movement organizing such workers. https://time.com/5603329/e3-video-game-creators-union/ 

In the tweet, Sanders confuses "revenue" with "profit." This is not an insignificant mistake, but it's one that is common in reporting about large American corporations. All too often, reporters talk about how much money a company takes in without offering any analysis of that company's expenses. Amazon, for example, despite massive revenues has only recently begun making an actual profit. In the Time storythat Sanders links to, writer Alana Semuels similarly fails to differentiate between revenue and profit when covering the efforts to organize.

It's true that the game industry did bring in $42 billion in revenue last year from customers in the United States (and nearly $140 billion worldwide). But revenue is the money a company brings in before deducting its expenses, like, for example, workers' wages. . It's only after such workers are paid (and other expenses are deducted) that we can talk about profit.

Sanders, of course, has a long history of failing to grasp the basics of market economics. He frequently sees marketplace choices as a threat, even as they open avenues and opportunities for our poorest citizens or provide all of us with ever improving mass entertainment.

• Disdain 1

This One New Poll of Democrats Explains Why Donald Trump Will Be Reelected: https://reason.com/2019/06/20/this-one-new-poll-of-democrats-explains-why-donald-trump-will-be-reelected/

On the one hand, a new Fox News poll spells doom for Donald Trump, with a fistful of Democratic presidential candidates beating the incumbent. Former Vice President Joe Biden cleans Trump's clock by 10 percentage points, 49 percent to 39 percent. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I) wins 49 percent to 40 percent. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D–Mass.) ekes out a 43 percent-to-41 percent victory. And Sen. Kamala Harris (D–Calif.) and South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg both squeeze out a 1-point margin, 42 percent to 41 percent.

On the other, more consequential hand, that same poll underscores why Trump is almost certainly going to win reelection in 2020. One of the questions asked Democratic voters whether they will vote for a candidate with a "bold, new agenda" or one "who will provide steady, reliable leadership." Fully three-quarters of respondents want the latter, with just 25 percent interested in the sort of "bold, new agenda" that virtually all Democratic candidates are peddling so far. This finding is consistent with other polling that shows that Democratic voters are far more moderate than their candidates. Even allowing for a doubling of self-described Democrats who identify as liberal over the past dozen years, Gallup found last year that 54 percent of Democrats support a party that is "more moderate" while just 41 percent want one that is "more liberal."

Yet with the exception of Joe Biden (more on him in a minute), all of the Democratic candidates—certainly the leading ones—are pushing a massively expansionist agenda, thus putting themselves at odds with their own base. Bernie Sanders' Medicare for All would cost $37 trillion in new spending over a decade and his free-college plan would cost the federal government about $47 billion a year. He plans to spend much, much more, as does Elizabeth Warren, who is running on promises to spend $3.3 trillion over a decade in new giveaways that will be paid for by an unworkable, probably unconstitutional "wealth tax" that will at best raise $2.75 trillion.

Under the best circumstances, Trump is almost certainly not going to win 50 percent of the vote in 2020. Despite a robust economy, his approval rating peaked at 46 percent shortly after he assumed office. His path to a second term will look a lot like the path to his upset victory in 2016. He will need to scratch out a victory where virtually every vote and every insult counts. But here's the thing: Trump knows how to do this, has the power of incumbency, and things, short of a massive economic downturn, really can't get worse for him. He has weathered every disturbing revelation, every tempest over unprofessional or unethical behavior, every lapse in taste or decorum. His numbers aren't going to get any lower. Earlier this year at the Conservative Political Action Conference and more recently in a Florida mega-rally, he's shown an ability to go big and fire up his already intense following. Less than a week away from the first Democratic candidates' debate and a year-plus away from the general election, Biden, whose history of gaffes and awful legislation is legendary, has nowhere to go but down.

Agreed.  Unless the stable of Democratic candidates strongly moderate their message they probably won't beat Mr. Trump in 2020.   Why are they listening to the minority radical progressive wing of their base and not the moderate majority?  Perhaps the card carrying members of the Democratic party here at the GID can shed some light on this?

• Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

This One New Poll of Democrats Explains Why Donald Trump Will Be Reelected: https://reason.com/2019/06/20/this-one-new-poll-of-democrats-explains-why-donald-trump-will-be-reelected/

Agreed.  Unless the stable of Democratic candidates strongly moderate their message they probably won't beat Mr. Trump in 2020.   Why are they listening to the minority radical progressive wing of their base and not the moderate majority?  Perhaps the card carrying members of the Democratic party here at the GID can shed some light on this?

As I've already said, in their race to out liberal the other candidates and set themselves apart from the other 147 candidates, they're just setting Trump up for another four years. Biden is their best shot at winning, and he won't make it to the end. And the mainstream media will once again blindly aid the D's in electing Trump. 

https://jonathantgilliam.com/epic-fail-pete-buttigiegs-town-hall-disaster/?fbclid=IwAR35uN3HhmVd-Vh3phZkEgP8Y9C3xTswyFZ2BEn6-hjp1T05i-ZMgnKoqTU

South Bend, Indiana Mayor and Democratic Presidential candidate, Pete Buttigieg, attended a town hall on Sunday that devolved into total chaos – likely bad news for the mayor’s presidential campaign.

The town hall went off the rails when Buttigieg got into the recent shooting of 54-year-old Eric Logan, a black man, by Sgt. Ryan O’Neill, a white police officer, in South Bend.

Attendees shouted their concerns and their disappointment at city officials for not taking swifter action to address the strained relationship between the police department and the black community. Buttigieg noted the complex relationship between minorities and police extends beyond the incident that occurred on June 16.

“There is a lot beneath the surface when it comes to trust and legitimacy around policing and race in our city,” the South Bend mayor said.

Buttigieg told attendees that the city has made progress in regard to the promotion process, raising police discipline standards and increasing public data online. Buttigieg said that he will send a letter to the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division to look into the city’s police department.

However, Buttigieg also acknowledged he has failed to diversify the police department and ensure that body cameras are activated when officers encounter civilians. O’Neill’s body camera reportedly wasn’t activated during last Sunday’s incident.

“As the mayor of the city, I want to acknowledge that those last two lines of effort, the effort to recruit more minority officers to the police department and the effort to introduce body cameras, have not succeeded,” he said. “And I accept responsibility for that.”

In the question-and-answer portion of the town hall, one audience member told Buttigieg to reorganize his department by Friday of next week to “get the racists off the streets,” in reference to law enforcement officers.

Buttigieg responded to shouts from the crowd, “I will say that if anyone who is on patrol is shown to be a racist, or to do something racist in a way that is substantiated, that is their last day on the street.”

This thing literally turned into a worse case scenario for the Mayor.  The SB native are expressly blaming him for the officer's actions that night.  Kinda bad considering there was another shooting on Saturday night in SB where 1 died and 10 were injured.......The Mayor was actually in tears during one interview.......

42 minutes ago, swordfish said:

This thing literally turned into a worse case scenario for the Mayor.  The SB native are expressly blaming him for the officer's actions that night.  Kinda bad considering there was another shooting on Saturday night in SB where 1 died and 10 were injured.......The Mayor was actually in tears during one interview.......

I wonder what exactly the tears were for?

• Disdain 1