Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The Democrat's roster for a Trump - beater in 2020

swordfish

25 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

11 years ago, I seem to remember the mantra of shovel ready infrastructure jobs......that apparently weren't so shovel ready. 

https://www.countable.us/articles/21984-obama-signed-787-billion-stimulus-law-10-years-ago-date

It seems to me that there are basically two schools of thought here:

1. Government is the answer to all my woes.

2. Government needs to get out of my way so I can do it myself. 

But of course you are okay with Big Government paying for your joint replacements, as they eventually will do.f

5 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

But of course you are okay with Big Government paying for your joint replacements, as they eventually will do.f

Look DE, I get you don't like me and want to challenge anything I post. But I'm pretty sure we've already covered this ground. You bitch because Medicare may or may not have to shell out some cash for my healthcare at some point in the future. And in the next breath whine and cry because my vote will cause the end of Medicare. You can't have it both ways. And since you are pro having a nanny state, I can only assume your beef with me receiving Medicare is the fact that it's me, and not someone else. Which will make it even sweeter if/when I ever make it to Medicare to know that you're hopefully paying for it. 

And since we're sharing our feelings to answer your question in the Meme thread, to expand on my question, I think you are an entitled whiny little beotch who should have had his ass beat more instead of hiding behind his mommy's skirt.  

2 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Look DE, I get you don't like me and want to challenge anything I post. But I'm pretty sure we've already covered this ground. You bitch because Medicare may or may not have to shell out some cash for my healthcare at some point in the future. And in the next breath whine and cry because my vote will cause the end of Medicare. You can't have it both ways. And since you are pro having a nanny state, I can only assume your beef with me receiving Medicare is the fact that it's me, and not someone else. Which will make it even sweeter if/when I ever make it to Medicare to know that you're hopefully paying for it. 

And since we're sharing our feelings to answer your question in the Meme thread, to expand on my question, I think you are an entitled whiny little beotch who should have had his ass beat more instead of hiding behind his mommy's skirt.  

You are more than welcome to meet me in person in Seymour the next time I’m in Indiana.

2 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

lol, is this something we need to take to the Silver Dollar? 

You said-

12 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Come at me.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Democrats Forget the Flint Water Crisis Was Caused By a Bold New Infrastructure Plan: https://reason.com/2019/07/30/flint-water-crisis-democrat-debate-infrastructure/

SF thought it was the racist Trump's fault.......

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/07/31/flint-michigan-marianne-williamson-cnn-democratic-debate-vpx.cnn

8 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Image result for eating popcorn gif

Image result for bernie sanders donald trump gif

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2019 at 10:27 AM, Muda69 said:

Caveat Emptor.  We evil libertarians, insisting that personal responsibility and private, voluntary licensing groups could ever hope to replace a government bureaucracy.

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/THP_KleinerDiscPaper_final.pdf

Occupational licensing has been among the fastest growing labor market institutions in the United States since World War II. The evidence from the economics literature suggests that licensing has had an important influence on wage determination, benefits, employment, and prices in ways that impose net costs on society with little improvement to service quality, health, and safety. To improve occupational licensing practices, I propose four specific reforms. First, state agencies would make use of cost-benefit analysis to determine whether requests for additional occupational licensing requirements are warranted. Second, the federal government would promote the determination and adoption of best-practice models through financial incentives and better information. Third, state licensing standards would allow workers to move across state lines with a minimal cost for retraining or residency requirements. Fourth, where politically feasible, certain occupations that are licensed would be reclassified to a system of certification or no regulation. If federal, state, and local governments were to undertake these proposals, evidence suggests that employment in these regulated occupations would grow, consumer access to goods and services would expand, and prices would fall.

People who insist on official assurances that their barber isn't lethally incompetent might take heart from a Brookings proposal that voluntary certification of professional skills could replace licensing. Those who want to see a piece of paper could go to certified providers. The rest of us could take our chances with businesses we trust through experience and reputation.  Personal responsibility in the marketplace.  Imagine that!

• Disdain 1
  • Kill me now 1

Poor old Joe.....

https://nypost.com/2019/08/08/latest-biden-blunder-poor-kids-are-just-as-bright-as-white-kids/

Gaffe-prone presidential hopeful Joe Biden put his foot in his mouth during an Iowa campaign stop on Thursday when he told a group of predominately Asian and Hispanic voters that “poor kids are just as bright, just as talented, as white kids.”

Biden committed the stunning blunder while speaking about education at a town hall with the Asian and Latino Coalition in Des Moines, where he’s campaigning and fundraising for the 2020 Democratic primary.

“We should challenge students in these schools and have advanced placement programs in these schools. We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor, you cannot do it,” Biden said at the event, according to video of his remarks.

“Poor kids are just as bright, just as talented, as white kids,” he added.

Biden almost immediately went into damage control mode, quickly adding: “wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids, no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.”

But President Trump’s campaign quickly seized on the tongue slip, with his “rapid response director” Andrew Clark tweeting out a video clip of the remark.

“Yikes…have fun mitigating that one,” he tweeted.

Biden walked out of the Democratic primary debates last week red-faced after he accidentally told donors to “go to Joe 30330” when he meant to tell them to “text JOE to 30330″ to donate.

On Monday, the befuddled 76-year-old bungled the locations of the El Paso and Dayton mass shootings when he expressed sympathy for the “tragic events in Houston today and also in Michigan the day before.”

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Poor old Joe.....

https://nypost.com/2019/08/08/latest-biden-blunder-poor-kids-are-just-as-bright-as-white-kids/

Gaffe-prone presidential hopeful Joe Biden put his foot in his mouth during an Iowa campaign stop on Thursday when he told a group of predominately Asian and Hispanic voters that “poor kids are just as bright, just as talented, as white kids.”

Biden committed the stunning blunder while speaking about education at a town hall with the Asian and Latino Coalition in Des Moines, where he’s campaigning and fundraising for the 2020 Democratic primary.

“We should challenge students in these schools and have advanced placement programs in these schools. We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor, you cannot do it,” Biden said at the event, according to video of his remarks.

“Poor kids are just as bright, just as talented, as white kids,” he added.

Biden almost immediately went into damage control mode, quickly adding: “wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids, no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.”

But President Trump’s campaign quickly seized on the tongue slip, with his “rapid response director” Andrew Clark tweeting out a video clip of the remark.

“Yikes…have fun mitigating that one,” he tweeted.

Biden walked out of the Democratic primary debates last week red-faced after he accidentally told donors to “go to Joe 30330” when he meant to tell them to “text JOE to 30330″ to donate.

On Monday, the befuddled 76-year-old bungled the locations of the El Paso and Dayton mass shootings when he expressed sympathy for the “tragic events in Houston today and also in Michigan the day before.”

• Haha 2

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/11/politics/joe-biden-parkland-victims/index.html

Washington (CNN)Joe Biden twice on Saturday said he met with students who survived the mass shooting in Parkland, Florida, when he was vice president. But the Parkland shooting took place in February 2018, a little more than a year after Biden left office. 

The Democratic presidential hopeful -- who is far from the only politician to misspeak but has acknowledged he is a "gaffe machine" -- has a reputation for making misstatements on the campaign trail. His latest campaign gaffes came at a gun control forum in Des Moines, Iowa, when he described meeting survivors of the shooting that left 17 dead when they visited Washington to lobby for stricter gun laws.
"I met with them and then they went off up on the Hill when I was vice president," Biden said at the forum. The former vice president made the same error later that day when he told reporters, "Those kids in Parkland came up to see me when I was vice president," while describing members of Congress ducking meetings with the students.
Biden did meet with a group of Parkland survivors in 2018, but he did so after he left office. Another mass shooting -- in 2012 at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut -- took place while Biden served as vice president.

A spokeswoman for Biden, Kate Bedingfield, on Sunday tweeted a link to a story about Biden meeting with the Parkland students in 2018, writing: "Wouldn't it be nice to have a president who consoles Americans in their time of need so often that he sometimes mistakes the timing? But even more so, wouldn't it be nice to have a president who will actually fight to prevent these tragedies?"
The verbal stumble wasn't Biden's only misstep in Iowa, where a recent poll shows he maintains a lead over the rest of the Democratic field. Days prior, Biden said "poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids" -- which his campaign noted was an error he immediately corrected.

He was speaking to a group of Hispanic and Asian voters in Iowa on Thursday when he said: "We have this notion that somehow if you're poor you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids -- wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids. No, I really mean it, but think how we think about it."
"They can do anything that anybody else can do, given a shot," Biden later added. On Saturday, Biden told reporters that people understood what he'd meant.
Last week in Iowa, Biden also initially confused former British prime ministers Margaret Thatcherand Theresa May during a speech in which he recounted the international backlash to President Donald Trump's reaction to the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia. May was prime minister at the time, but while Biden appeared to immediately realize his mistake, he did not go on to name May.
And during his soapbox speech at the Iowa State Fair, Biden also bungled his "we choose truth over lies" line, and said instead: "We choose truth over facts."

I still contend he was put there just to take some of the momentum away from Sanders.......

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/11/politics/joe-biden-parkland-victims/index.html

Washington (CNN)Joe Biden twice on Saturday said he met with students who survived the mass shooting in Parkland, Florida, when he was vice president. But the Parkland shooting took place in February 2018, a little more than a year after Biden left office. 

The Democratic presidential hopeful -- who is far from the only politician to misspeak but has acknowledged he is a "gaffe machine" -- has a reputation for making misstatements on the campaign trail. His latest campaign gaffes came at a gun control forum in Des Moines, Iowa, when he described meeting survivors of the shooting that left 17 dead when they visited Washington to lobby for stricter gun laws.
"I met with them and then they went off up on the Hill when I was vice president," Biden said at the forum. The former vice president made the same error later that day when he told reporters, "Those kids in Parkland came up to see me when I was vice president," while describing members of Congress ducking meetings with the students.
Biden did meet with a group of Parkland survivors in 2018, but he did so after he left office. Another mass shooting -- in 2012 at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut -- took place while Biden served as vice president.

A spokeswoman for Biden, Kate Bedingfield, on Sunday tweeted a link to a story about Biden meeting with the Parkland students in 2018, writing: "Wouldn't it be nice to have a president who consoles Americans in their time of need so often that he sometimes mistakes the timing? But even more so, wouldn't it be nice to have a president who will actually fight to prevent these tragedies?"
The verbal stumble wasn't Biden's only misstep in Iowa, where a recent poll shows he maintains a lead over the rest of the Democratic field. Days prior, Biden said "poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids" -- which his campaign noted was an error he immediately corrected.

He was speaking to a group of Hispanic and Asian voters in Iowa on Thursday when he said: "We have this notion that somehow if you're poor you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids -- wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids. No, I really mean it, but think how we think about it."
"They can do anything that anybody else can do, given a shot," Biden later added. On Saturday, Biden told reporters that people understood what he'd meant.
Last week in Iowa, Biden also initially confused former British prime ministers Margaret Thatcherand Theresa May during a speech in which he recounted the international backlash to President Donald Trump's reaction to the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia. May was prime minister at the time, but while Biden appeared to immediately realize his mistake, he did not go on to name May.
And during his soapbox speech at the Iowa State Fair, Biden also bungled his "we choose truth over lies" line, and said instead: "We choose truth over facts."

I still contend he was put there just to take some of the momentum away from Sanders.......

I listened to a little of Joe Rogan's podcast with The Bern last night. It was interesting to listen to him in a format where he's not raving like a lunatic. I was a little disappointed in Joe's questioning, I was expecting a little more. The only thing he managed to get out of Bernie was he was going to create this utopia with a 1/4%-1/2% tax on Wall Street speculation trades. According to the radio this morning Bernie is polling about 8% at the Iowa State Fair Corn Poll, we'll behind the less bat$hit crazy candidates.