Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The Democrat's roster for a Trump - beater in 2020

swordfish

I don’t see anyone getting free passes in our little group here though. Yes there are some who will excuse Biden for it, just as there are some that will excuse Trump for his comments. I hope this type of behavior does not become the norm among our politicians. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I don’t see anyone getting free passes in our little group here though. Yes there are some who will excuse Biden for it, just as there are some that will excuse Trump for his comments. I hope this type of behavior does not become the norm among our politicians. 

That ship may be sailing ... and in a more encompassing way at the presidential level:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/02/15/why-presidency-cant-go-back-normal-trump-115362

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I don’t see anyone getting free passes in our little group here though. Yes there are some who will excuse Biden for it

I haven't seen anyone here excuse Biden for anything. 

3 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

No one on this forum said much about Schumer and his recent threats targeting 2 supreme court justices...........

Not much has been said (other than a select few...very few....) mentioned a word about Biden's loss of mind yesterday on this forum.......

But be honest...had that been Trump instead of Biden....cursing workers in their own workplace, threatening violence, blatantly lying about public comments he had indeed made, and butchering gun lingo, I am guessing those that were quiet yesterday on this forum would have been chirping quite loudly.......

To be honest, this is pretty much a daily event with the President ... although, to be fair, it's not gun lingo that he butchers; just lingo in general.

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

No one on this forum said much about Schumer and his recent threats targeting 2 supreme court justices...........

Not much has been said (other than a select few...very few....) mentioned a word about Biden's loss of mind yesterday on this forum.......

But be honest...had that been Trump instead of Biden....cursing workers in their own workplace, threatening violence, blatantly lying about public comments he had indeed made, and butchering gun lingo, I am guessing those that were quiet yesterday on this forum would have been chirping quite loudly.......

OK, first of all it's Chuck Schumer making a threat, is anyone really going to take that serious? But I get the point, had Mitch McConnell done the same thing, the media would lose their minds.

It's pretty well known the most dangerous place in America is being between Chuck Schumer and a TV Camera. 

32 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

True...but then again, Chuck says he's from Brooklyn, and they talk tough in Brooklyn.  

Bottom line, US Senators should have enough personal conduct not to make threatening statements, targeting 2 specific judges.  I hope he is censored.

If he is censored, we won’t know if he made a threat or not

9 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

The immediate discussion about Biden. Nice try. 

Soon the DNC will shut down Bernie.  They will try to corral Uncle Joe to limit his gaffes....which seem like a daily event. 

Or perhaps your delivery simply sucks. 

I got you were trying to be cute. Epic fail. 

I was just trying to show I know the difference between “censor” and “censure”. I’m sorry you don’t.

On 3/11/2020 at 8:46 AM, swordfish said:

Cuts his speeches down, keeping them under 15 minutes so he doesn't gaffe, arguing about not standing at the next debate.  He is old and tired, should be retired.....

SF thinks if he gets the nomination, he'll call Hillary up for his VP pick.......Which means if he wins in November, he's dead by a week after inauguration......

Everybody knows the media gives Biden a free pass compared to Trump - Back to this post......IMHO, something else is at play here......

4 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I was just trying to show I know the difference between “censor” and “censure”. I’m sorry you don’t.

Did you notice that even the article itself made the mistake ... the headline said censorship and inside the document it referred to censure?

5 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

I know the difference....its called posting quickly.

We'll just mark it down as a gaffe on your part.

2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

"guys".......LOL......ru the leader of your posse??

Not so fast there my.........oh, wait. Nevermind. In any case, the definition of posse refers to a "group" of people. We have 3 Trump Groupies(when Howard decides to leave Mom's basement for a bit), 1 Feel the Bern guy, Uncle Joe is sitting all alone on(or off) his rocker on the porch of the Shady Rest, 1 guy who hates everybody, and the rest of us are just sitting here enjoying our popcorn waiting for the 'real' circus to start. So I'd say the only group that qualifies as a "posse" would be the Trump Groupies. Or in this case, should it be spelled Trump's Pusse?

• Disdain 1

12 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Or in this case, should it be spelled Trump's Pusse?

Reminded me of the scene from the Big Red One with the lady giving birth in the tank ... Warning: NSFW

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2020 at 2:01 PM, foxbat said:

[Discussion leading into potential VP picks for Biden a couple of weeks ago)

Buttigieg would fit with the Democratic Party's idea of inclusion, but given how close Clinton was to breaking the glass ceiling last time around, a female candidate like Klobuchar or even a bigger stretch/gamble/reward of Harris or Abrams may still be lingering it the Party's minds.  Of interest, this is what Klobuchar's top voter categorizations were in Iowa:\

• Seniors
  • Religious voters
  • Those that opposed Medicare For All
  • Republicans
  • Moderates

She's about two decades older than Buttigeig, but she'll look young standing next to Biden on a stage.  Add in a pair of Midwesterners on that ticket, along with the other category items and the question comes in, do you gain back a chunk of the Blue Wall?  If so, what paths does that leave for Trump to 270.  Michigan was won by Trump by .23% with Pennsylvania won by .72%.  Wisconsin comes in 3rd at .77%.  Florida was 4th at 1.2%.  Wisconsin has taken strides in the past 3 years or so to purge rolls and make it harder to dislodge, so it may well stay red this time around, but Pennsylvania and Michigan may well be impacted by a dual Midwesterner ticket.  By contrast, Clinton won New Hampshire by .37% and the next closest was Minnesota by 1.52%.  Klobuchar and Biden finished 3rd/5th respectively in New Hampshire, so you could make an argument that with a Republican governor and a pair of Democratic Senators and Democratic representatives, that it's definitely on the cusp of being in play.  The net would be 32 votes if NH flipped red and PA and MI flipped back blue.  That gives Trump 272 and puts Florida as the end-all-be-all decider ... with Arizona hanging back on the rail.  If New Hampshire doesn't flip, then Florida doesn't matter.  An argument could be made that Buttigieg is a Midwesterner too, coming from Indiana, but given that a year ago, no one outside of Indiana really knew who he was, I doubt he would get a Midwesterner moniker if picked as a VP candidate.

Biden commits to picking a female VP running mate tonight in the debates.  My thoughts on likely Biden VP candidates, should he win the nomination, are:

• Abrams - Very close to winning Georgia governorship even with shenanigans present.  Georgia is trending purple and will have TWO GOP Senate seats up this year due to Isakson's retirement announcement.  Sabato shows both races in traditionally red Georgia as "lean Republican."  Cook shows the special election for Isakson's seat as "lean Republican" with Perdue's re-election seat as "likely Republican."  Could Abrams put Georgia in play as well as possibly have coattails for a Senate seat too?  If so, are the tails long enough for Tillis' seat in NC too? ... Cook has that one as a toss-up as does Sabato too.  Potential for stronger Black turnout in the South in particular.
  • Harris - I would see Harris, especially given Abram's potential, as being relatively low.  Being from California, she doesn't really bring any specific votes that aren't already there and doesn't necessarily have any coattail effect either.  I'd see her more as a Cabinet position/AG.  On the outside, a judicial appoint ... which was also promised by Biden.
  • McCaskill - Unlikely to help shift MO although she brings a little power to the "Midwest" flavor, but I'm not sure, with Klobuchar in play, that McCaskill helps much.
  • Warren - Biden did a little name-dropping during the debate, but Warren and Sanders with the M4A backing would likely require a "modification" of stance from Warren before being considered.  The thing that she would bring to the table would be the ability to get under Trump's skin repeatedly.  She'd have no problem holding her own against a Pence ... if he's even still on the ticket ... come the presidential debates, but her role would best be suited as a full-throated attack dog.
  • Klobuchar - See previous post above.  MN and WI have some reciprocity items in place.  I know that they used to have a reciprocal tuition agreement between their universities, so there could certainly be some coattail impact there as well.  Sabato has WI as toss-up as well as PA.  MI, which Trump picked off last time around, is listed by Sabato as "leans Democratic."  Cook shows all three as toss-up.
  • Gabbard - As former-president Bush said, "Not gonna do it."  She's auditioning for FoxNews anyway.
  • Val Demings - Florida Congresswoman and former law enforcement officer ... Chief of Police for Orlando.  In the vein of law enforcement like Harris and also in a swing state.  Toss in that she was selected by Pelosi as an impeachment manager and you have another person who can easily get under Trump's skin AND, unlike Warren, she can basically do it without having to even get in a fight with him as you know anytime he mentions her, he's going to say "impeachment" and keep that idea in the eyes of voters without the Democrats even having to mention it.

Hillary Clinton vice presidential odds surge, now fifth in line: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/hillary-clintons-vice-presidential-odds-surge-now-5th-in-line

The odds that Hillary Rodham Clinton will be the Democratic vice presidential nominee are surging.

A week after one betting aggregator said she was a distant 25-1 shot, and 12th on a list that put her behind an Ohio state senator, another betting site has the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee with a 16-1 shot and fifth in line.

Clinton has roared back into the public spotlight with a new Hulu feature.

She has also embraced former Vice President Joe Biden’s recent string of victories over Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, whom she has drubbed with a string of negative comments.

Still, US-Bookies.com data, based on betting markets offered by the United Kingdom, Europe, and elsewhere, show that Sen. Kamala Harris, once a 2020 presidential candidate, is still the top pick, at 2-1.

Odds to be Democratic vice presidential nominee:

• Kamala Harris: 2-1
  • Amy Klobuchar: 3-1
  • Stacey Abrams: 6-1
  • Elizabeth Warren: 12-1
  • Hillary Clinton: 16-1
  • Pete Buttigieg: 16-1
  • Cory Booker: 33-1
  • Gretchen Whitmer: 25-1
  • Julian Castro: 33-1
  • Michael Bloomberg: 50-1

• Disdain 1