Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The Democrat's roster for a Trump - beater in 2020

swordfish

10 minutes ago, Bobref said:

That may say more about the caliber of the opposition than anything else.

Biden's margins of victory have outperformed Clinton's 2016 run against Sanders in 23 of 24 contests prior to yesterday's.  It also hasn't hurt that Sanders has run a more "Trumpian" type of race this time around than in 2016.  Many candidates go far to one side or the other and then pivot back in the general, but I think Sanders got some bad advice this time around that what's good for Trump might be good for others.  The swing in the 2018 mid-terms where many in the GOP tried that tactic and lost seats should have made Sanders more skeptical.

5 hours ago, swordfish said:

And followed his "I'm not working for you" comment with "Don't be such a horse's ass"

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/486812-biden-tells-man-confronting-him-about-2nd-amendment-youre-full-of-shit

In context, Biden is not working for him on the issue they were bitching about because the factory dude was duped by the Trump campaigns manipulated media efforts.  

More fake news.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

In context, Biden is not working for him on the issue they were bitching about because the factory dude was duped by the Trump campaigns manipulated media efforts.  

More fake news.

"I did not say that. I did not say that," Biden repeated. "It's a viral video like the other ones they're putting out that are simply a lie."

"This is not OK, alright?" the man shot back.

Biden replied, "Don't tell me that, pal, or I'm going to go outside with your ass."

"You're working for me, man!" the worker said.

"I'm not working for you," Biden said. "Don't be such a horse's ass."

Spin it however you want, the worker's "this is not OK alright?" should have been the end with the former VP and Democrat Candidate who would like to have his vote, nodding and moving on, but Biden threatened this guy "Don't tell me that, pal, or I'm going to go outside with your ass" - So your "in context" BS is just that - BS

A Senator, Congressman, or ANY other elected official that tells me he doesn't work for me will NOT get my vote and the people need to know what he said....Biden is a seasoned politician who said that, and it was immediately ignored by the media......

Edited by swordfish

Tulsi Gabbard, Advocate of a Less Interventionist Foreign Policy, Exits the Democratic Presidential Race: 

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D–Hawaii), a longshot candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination who garnered a small and eclectic following, has dropped out of the race and endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden.

"It's clear that Democratic primary voters have chosen Vice President Joe Biden to be the person who will take on President Trump," said Gabbard in a statement. "Though I may not agree with the vice president on every issue, I know that he has a good heart, and he's motivated by his love for our country and the American people. I am confident he will lead our country, guided by the spirit of aloha, respect and compassion, and help heal the divisiveness that has been tearing our country apart."

Gabbard vowed to do everything she could to help Biden defeat Trump, demonstrating yet again that all the speculation she would run as a third-party spoiler candidate to help ensure Trump's re-election—a theory peddled by Hillary Clinton, among others—was baseless and absurd. (And in any case, it was far from clear that Gabbard would have taken more votes from the Democratic nominee than from Trump.)

Gabbard also had kind words for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I–Vt.), who is now the only remaining challenger to the presumptive nominee.

Her departure from the race is not a surprise: She had won just two delegates and was barred from recent debates. But Gabbard deserves tremendous credit for being the only candidate to put foreign policy at the center of her campaign. She doggedly called out the other candidates when they failed to reject the bipartisan consensus in favor of military intervention. She implored her rivals to denounce regime change in the Middle East, leveraging her status as a veteran to shore up her credibility.

Gabbard did other things to attract support from libertarian-minded individuals. She famously eviscerated Sen. Kamala Harris (D–Calif.) in the July CNN debate over the former prosecutor's carceral history. And though she held mostly progressive economic views, she presented herself as an independent on issues pertaining to culture and identity politics.

Gabbard was one of just two Democratic candidates—Andrew Yang being the other—to show a real interest in building an alternative coalition that would include some libertarian-adjacent ideas. It will be interesting to see what she does next, she is not running for re-election to Congress in 2020.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

Joe Biden....and we should believe his comments about his son and the Ukraine???

This is the candidate the Democrats have selected to mud wrestle with Trump. 🤣

Trump is the Godzilla of mud wrestling. Wrestling with Trump is like wrestling with a pig. Everyone is going to get really dirty and the pig likes it.

49 minutes ago, Howe said:

This is the candidate the Democrats have selected to mud wrestle with Trump. 🤣

Trump is the Godzilla of mud wrestling. Wrestling with Trump is like wrestling with a pig. Everyone is going to get really dirty and the pig likes it.

A sad commentary on where we go from here.  We are talking about the Presidency of United States, not an undercard in a traveling carnival show. 

12 minutes ago, foxbat said:

A sad commentary on where we go from here.  We are talking about the Presidency of United States, not an undercard in a traveling carnival show. 

Trump will slam Biden on his record of corruption and Dementia Joe will lose it, cuss Trump out and challenge him to a fight or push up contest on the debate stage during a live national television broadcast. It will be hilarious.

52 minutes ago, Howe said:

Trump will slam Biden on his record of corruption and Dementia Joe will lose it, cuss Trump out and challenge him to a fight or push up contest on the debate stage during a live national television broadcast. It will be hilarious.

Again, amazingly sad.

7 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Again, amazingly sad.

It is sad that the Democrat party spent the past three years focusing on hoaxes, conspiracy theories and failed schemes instead of developing a plan and selecting an electable candidate. Joe Biden will continue to cuss out voters and challenge them to a fight or a push up contest. He doesn't have a chance of winning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxbat said:

Yet most people treat treat their vote for the POTUS like it is some kind of horse race.   And voting for the "lesser of two evils" is actually a valid choice.

50 minutes ago, Howe said:

It is sad that the Democrat party spent the past three years focusing on hoaxes, conspiracy theories and failed schemes instead of developing a plan and selecting an electable candidate. Joe Biden will continue to cuss out voters and challenge them to a fight or a push up contest. He doesn't have a chance of winning.

Mr. Trump or Mr. Biden is not really a choice, just voting for one side of the same uni-party coin.

Vote third party and let your voice be heard.

• Disdain 1

7 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Yet most people treat treat their vote for the POTUS like it is some kind of horse race.   And voting for the "lesser of two evils" is actually a valid choice.

I wasn't specifically commenting on the candidates, but instead on the cavalier attitude that somehow or another citizenry is rooting for a mud fight and that the idea of the Presidency has been reduced to reality show entertainment at its lowest level.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, foxbat said:

I wasn't specifically commenting on the candidates, but instead on the cavalier attitude that somehow or another citizenry is rooting for a mud fight and that the idea of the Presidency has been reduced to reality show entertainment at its lowest level.

I am not rooting for a mud fight. That is simply what the 2020 campaign will become. The liberal mainstream media, Democrats and establishment RINO's have been slinging mud at Trump since day one. The debates will be the moderator(s) and Biden vs Trump. Slinging mud at Trump is a poor strategy as he fights back and he is the Godzilla of mud wrestling.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foxbat said:

There hasn't been a uni-party candidate in decades that wasn't already effectively the puppet of the military-industrial complex, the CIA/Deep State,  special interest groups, or a combination thereof.

Here is the type of presidential candidate our uni-party system has devolved to producing:

camacho-header-2-1.jpg?w=1080&h=608&fit=

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Image result for libertarians suck meme

Mr. Johnson was a better candidate in 2016 than either Mr. Trump or Ms. Clinton.

Go ahead and continue to be a lemming Gonzo,  blindly voting for whatever uni-party candidate is put before you.  Because hey if that candidate wins then you by extension are a "winner" as well, right?

34 minutes ago, foxbat said:

image.thumb.png.85af6b249ab30d76afb26fcfb21d4068.png

I didn't know Rand Paul was a member of the Libertarian Party.

• Disdain 1

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I didn't know Rand Paul was a member of the Libertarian Party.

He's a "libertarian" in a GOP sweater vest.  Gotta admit though, the look works for him.

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

While I agree, that is not one sided with our government.

We just had senior senator publicly threaten supreme court justices, then claim he was from Brooklyn and "where we talk tough".

On the other hand in the past, we've also experienced wolves in sheep's clothing.  Style in appearance, while shoveling funds to rouge nations, covering up debacles like Benghazi, use agencies such as the IRS to target the Americans, (tea party) political party screw one of its own candidates, etc.  Could go on and on.  We seem to care much more about "style" than we do substance......

Also to weaponize the U.S. intelligence agencies to spy on a presidential candidate during an election campaign and attempt a coup of the incoming president. 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1