Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove @ Warren Central

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Clearly, the ruling by the covering official is that the runner was down by forward progress before the ball came out. That is supportable on this clip. Had it been ruled a fumble and a recovery, that would also be supportable. This is just one of those judgment calls that gets made all the time ... and is always controversial. Can”t tell from the brief clip whether the crew handled it correctly from a mechanics standpoint. But I have no issue with the call itself.

I've seen a couple other angles of this play as well.  They flubbed this one. You don't even hear any whistles until the ball is recovered.   But your're right, it happens. 

Edited by CaptainHook

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

Clearly, the ruling by the covering official is that the runner was down by forward progress before the ball came out. That is supportable on this clip. Had it been ruled a fumble and a recovery, that would also be supportable. This is just one of those judgment calls that gets made all the time ... and is always controversial. Can”t tell from the brief clip whether the crew handled it correctly from a mechanics standpoint. But I have no issue with the call itself.

A good friend of mine taught me this one. Some calls aren't right or wrong. They are just calls. The person making the ball is using his/her best judgement at the time with no bias on the outcome. This seemed a little quick to be progress, but I agree it's supportable.

41 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

That's why one doesn't believe everything written in a paper.  Sometimes one actually needs to be there......or at least watch it on TV

There are 3 types of lies...lies, damn lies, and statistics.......

The only one that really counts is the final score. 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

That's why one doesn't believe everything written in a paper.  Sometimes one actually needs to be there......or at least watch it on TV

There are 3 types of lies...lies, damn lies, and statistics.......

Well said. The only way to really tell is by actually watching.

Edited by cg_holmeaid

On 8/25/2019 at 3:17 AM, LC_Bears_04 said:

Jayson West proved once again how tremendous of a coach he is.  We really miss him at Lawrence Central.

I'll stick with Moore personally.  Consistently competes for the top of the conference with far less talent and a much smaller enrollment.  That's just me though...a separate argument certainly.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

I'll stick with Moore personally.  Consistently competes for the top of the conference with far less talent and a much smaller enrollment.  That's just me though...a separate argument certainly.

he did the same at Lawrence Central.  Look at them before and after...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

he did the same at Lawrence Central.  Look at them before and after...

“He” as in West?  

If so...

Pre-MIC Lawrence Central.  Taking nothing away from the rebuild and the MIC teams he beat during that time span but beating Conference Indiana schools with similar enrollments on a weekly basis is not as impressive as beating schools 1.5/2 times as large in terms of enrollment over a 20 year span in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Temptation said:

Both Eric Moore and Jayson West are elite coaches.  The way Eric Moore competes year in and year out with Carmel, Warren, and Ben Davis with a much smaller enrollment is incredible.

On 8/26/2019 at 6:33 AM, TrojanDad said:

No one said it didn't.  My quote was about your comments about stats listed in the Star.

Stats in this game were very misleading.  The one stat that did matter were turnovers.  No one is saying that Warren didn't deserve the V.

Kind of sounds like people are. I've heard a lot of reasons why Center Grove should have/deserved to win but nothing about how their secondary kept leaving Warren receivers wide open or how Warren was led on offense by a QB who was a TE 3 weeks ago or how their best player is a DB turned RB.

3 minutes ago, WarrenGrad12 said:

Kind of sounds like people are. I've heard a lot of reasons why Center Grove should have/deserved to win but nothing about how their secondary kept leaving Warren receivers wide open or how Warren was led on offense by a QB who was a TE 3 weeks ago or how their best player is a DB turned RB.

CG was very deserving of the win, they beat themselves. And by their “secondary” you mean two corners that just had their first ever varsity starts. Plus they’re not nearly as athletic as warren’s receivers are. Both players, as you mentioned in your last points, had optimal time to work on their craft in those positions. 

On 8/26/2019 at 10:55 AM, Temptation said:

“He” as in West?  

If so...

Pre-MIC Lawrence Central.  Taking nothing away from the rebuild and the MIC teams he beat during that time span but beating Conference Indiana schools with similar enrollments on a weekly basis is not as impressive as beating schools 1.5/2 times as large in terms of enrollment over a 20 year span in my opinion.

Pre-MIC Lawrence Central who routinely beat MIC teams to get to Lucas Oil. Name the coaches to win a title in the highest class in the last 17 years. It's a very short list, two guys. Two state title appearances at LC coming from the south bracket. Only non-MIC coach to do that. Got LC to a level where they were able to join the MIC. 

He's done quite a lot at Warren other than just having elite talent. The 2012 Warren team year before Jayson came) that went 5-6 had more talent than the 2013 team that Jayson won a state title with. 

But still, him bringing his LC team into Warrior Stadium in the 2010 sectional and beating up on a Warren team that was mostly unchallenged by anyone in Indiana that season remains one of the more impressive things I've seen by a non MIC school vs a MIC school. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, WarrenGrad12 said:

Pre-MIC Lawrence Central who routinely beat MIC teams to get to Lucas Oil. Name the coaches to win a title in the highest class in the last 17 years. It's a very short list, two guys. Two state title appearances at LC coming from the south bracket. Only non-MIC coach to do that. Got LC to a level where they were able to join the MIC. 

He's done quite a lot at Warren other than just having elite talent. The 2012 Warren team year before Jayson came) that went 5-6 had more talent than the 2013 team that Jayson won a state title with. 

But still, him bringing his LC team into Warrior Stadium in the 2010 sectional and beating up on a Warren team that was mostly unchallenged by anyone in Indiana that season remains one of the more impressive things I've seen by a non MIC school vs a MIC school. 

Gimme Moore any Friday night...

On 8/28/2019 at 5:22 PM, Temptation said:

Gimme Moore any Friday night...

Jayson West 52-13 at LC with 2 state championship game appearances and 1 title. LC is 26-39 since he left and 3 postseason wins. 

"West had so much success because he coached in Conference Indiana." He was 15-5 vs the MIC at LC. Warren literally went out and got this guy because they couldn't beat him.

No need to discuss his 60-17 record at Warren since he's at a big school with elite talent and it's so easy to win in the MIC or that he's 18-10 vs Carmel, Ben Davis, and Center Grove (winners of 8 of the 10 state titles in the highest class since 2001 that Warren hasn't won). 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, WarrenGrad12 said:

Jayson West 52-13 at LC with 2 state championship game appearances and 1 title. LC is 26-39 since he left and 3 postseason wins. 

"West had so much success because he coached in Conference Indiana." He was 15-5 vs the MIC at LC. Warren literally went out and got this guy because they couldn't beat him.

No need to discuss his 60-17 record at Warren since he's at a big school with elite talent and it's so easy to win in the MIC or that he's 18-10 vs Carmel, Ben Davis, and Center Grove (winners of 8 of the 10 state titles in the highest class since 2001 that Warren hasn't won). 

All great points but let’s give the athletes some credit here as well.  Warren lines up on a weekly basis and has more talent than every other team they face.  Not the case at CG and other places.

As I previously stated, we are splitting hairs here as both are elite.

Do people remember when Nick Saban was an average coach at MSU in the 90s (maybe I’m dating myself here)?  Why is that?  Because he had inferior TALENT.

He is now running a machine at Bama and may go down as the greatest to ever cos h on Saturdays.  Same guy...

Jimmy’s and Joe’s > X’s and O’s.