Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 1

Interested to see how these games, especially the first 2 play out. I’ve heard all the teams this year In the SAC should be decently competitive. I mean they usually always are but I know there have been a lot of transfers and switches to schools that could make a big difference. 

Dwenger at Wayne - Dwenger by 10 to 13

Luers at Carroll - Carroll by 3

Snider at North Side - I want to say Snider by 50, but will go with 20 to 24

South Side at Concordia - Concorida by 20

Homestead at Northrop - Northrop keeps it close in first half, but Sparty wins by 14 to 17

all games start at 7pm.

Wayne over Dwenger - Wayne starts out with a bang and puts the rest of the SAC on notice. Nothing against Dwenger though as they run the table and take the SAC.  Wayne by 3

Luers over Carroll - a mediocre big school takes on a small school power. Battle for 5th place in my opinion.  Luers is the safe bet, but not by much. Luers by 3

Snider over North Side - the Redskins are my darkhorse pick this year. But the SAC is loaded. They could go 2-7 this year (not saying they will) and still have a good team.  North will keep this game close at the beginning. Snider uses it's depth and  dominates the second half. Snider by 21 (at most)

Concordia over South - Concordia has proven the last few seasons they are a program to contend with. This game will be easy. Cadets by 35

Homestead over Northrop - breakout season for Northrop? Maybe, but Homestead will be too much. Spartans passing game will give opponents fits this year. Homestead by 21

Dwenger controls the ball and clock with their running game and wins by 14 against the Generals. Next week, the Saints open it up and become the greatest show on turf. BD 24-10  

I’m not sure that the Knights have the depth this year to win their third straight against the Chargers. I like Carroll in a close one 23-20. 

North Side might be better this year, but the Legends still lag behind the Panthers. Snider 35-17. 

If this was later in the season the Archers could have made this a closer game. However, the Cadets are a fresh and win easily. Concordia 42 South Side 14. 

Can Sparty win the SAC this year? Stay tuned. This week they break in the new turf at Spuller by handling the Bruins 38-21. 

7 hours ago, Robert said:

Why is everyone so high on Wayne?  They lost a ton of talent.  

Yes, I've been wondering that myself, They will be good but not as good as last year. They had good/great O last year, this year I think the D side is good, they did lose talent in the O side. 

35 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Yes, I've been wondering that myself, They will be good but not as good as last year. They had good/great O last year, this year I think the D side is good, they did lose talent in the O side. 

I won’t underestimate them but from what I’ve heard they might be better then years past, but they’re not going to be the team like they were last year. It will be a good game that’s for sure. I think Dwenger will pull through with the W though. 

Dwenger over Wayne easily.....35-7

Carroll over Luers in a good one.....24-14

Concordia over South, good game for Concordia to grow their new defensive scheme......35-14

Snider over NorthSide, rooting for Brevard to continue changing the culture at NS but this is Snider.....42-14

Homestead over Northrop, if Homestead is a real contender in the SAC, they need to put away Northrop early to show it.....49-21

12 hours ago, TuffysAngels said:

I won’t underestimate them but from what I’ve heard they might be better then years past, but they’re not going to be the team like they were last year. It will be a good game that’s for sure. I think Dwenger will pull through with the W though.

Wayne has the tools to have another solid season. Can they tie it all together is the real question. 

On 8/19/2019 at 11:16 AM, jakone said:
Dwenger at Wayne

Luers at Carroll

Snider at North Side

South Side at Concordia

Homestead at Northrop

all games start at 7pm.

My Guess for the winners are

Dwenger, Carroll, Snider, Homstead and Concordia. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TuffysAngels said:

I have faith in our Saints. I think they will pull out the W! The Carroll luers game is the game that I will be interested in keeping tabs on while at the game. 

I have faith too. I said guess, because nobody knows who has what till after tonight.  See ya at the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robert said:

Really?

It's never easy to predict an upset, that's why they are called "upsets" Robert. I was hoping Wayne would ride the momentum they've built by way of an excellent coaching staff. I still think Wayne has a good team, but Dwenger is a different beast. 

On 8/21/2019 at 2:30 AM, NE8_Fan said:

Dwenger over Wayne easily.....35-7

Carroll over Luers in a good one.....24-14

Concordia over South, good game for Concordia to grow their new defensive scheme......35-14

Snider over NorthSide, rooting for Brevard to continue changing the culture at NS but this is Snider.....42-14

Homestead over Northrop, if Homestead is a real contender in the SAC, they need to put away Northrop early to show it.....49-21

You are so close on the scores. I bet you would have been closer if the Mercy rule didn't finish games faster. No garbage scores.