Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DTs Dandy Dozen : Schools looking for a breakout season

Guest DT

Looking for a breakthru-breakout season from the following schools, by conference :

Northwest Crossroads - Highland

Coach Pete Koulianos has this program heading upward after a long dryspell for the Trojan football program.  Highland can compete with Hobart, Munster and Kankakee Valley in the NCC - now have to keep improving to close the gap on Lowell and Andrean.

Duneland Conference - Portage

Another tradition rich program that has since many lean years since its last conference title.  Look for Portage to move up a rung or two in The DAC hierarchy.

Northern Lakes - Warsaw

The Tiger's should grab the NLC by the throat in bart Curtis' second season and become the annual big dog given their huge numbers advantage over the other conference schools.  Warsaw has designs well beyond a league title.  Curtis plans on making some noise in the 6A tournament.

SAC - Wayne

Loaded with talent.  Depth will be the ky to determine if this program can continue to improve and challenge the traditional public and private powers for conference honors.

MIC - North Central

Panthers will be in the hunt for a MIC title under Kevin O'Shea.  No longer a darkhorse, NC is a real contender and a new threat for the 6A title.  

Hoosier Crossroads - Noblesville

Short term goal for NHS is to break into the top half of the conference.  Long term, and HCC championship and post season success.  Justin Roden is a state championship winning coach, like Kevin O'Shea, and will keep this program moving higher and higher.

Hoosier Heritage - Greenfield Central

Expect immediate improvement from GC under first year Coach Travis Nolting.  Lots of resources to work with in this chronic under achieving program.  GC will surprise a few people this year.

45 minutes ago, DT said:

Looking for a breakthru-breakout season from the following schools, by conference :

Northwest Crossroads - Highland

Coach Pete Koulianos has this program heading upward after a long dryspell for the Trojan football program.  Highland can compete with Hobart, Munster and Kankakee Valley in the NCC - now have to keep improving to close the gap on Lowell and Andrean.

Duneland Conference - Portage

Another tradition rich program that has since many lean years since its last conference title.  Look for Portage to move up a rung or two in The DAC hierarchy.

Northern Lakes - Warsaw

The Tiger's should grab the NLC by the throat in bart Curtis' second season and become the annual big dog given their huge numbers advantage over the other conference schools.  Warsaw has designs well beyond a league title.  Curtis plans on making some noise in the 6A tournament.

SAC - Wayne

Loaded with talent.  Depth will be the ky to determine if this program can continue to improve and challenge the traditional public and private powers for conference honors.

MIC - North Central

Panthers will be in the hunt for a MIC title under Kevin O'Shea.  No longer a darkhorse, NC is a real contender and a new threat for the 6A title.  

Short term goal for NHS is to break into the top half of the conference.  Long term, and HCC championship and post season success.  Justin Roden is a state championship winning coach, like Kevin O'Shea, and will keep this program moving higher and higher.

Hoosier Heritage - Greenfield Central

Expect immediate improvement from GC under first year Coach Travis Nolting.  Lots of resources to work with in this chronic under achieving program.  GC will surprise a few people this year.

Northern Indiana Conference - Elkhart Central

Look for EC to invest in athletic department enhancements ahead of the pending consolidation with Memorial.  Elkhart will become the next 3000 plus high school in Indiana.  

North Central Conference - Logansport

Logan has been off the radar for years since the departure of Elmer Britton.  Mike Johnson should have this program ready to roll in year 4, with some key staff additions to boot

Edited by DT

Gonna take some time at Greenfield Central. Both QBs and top WR transferred from the program in the last 9 months.

Looks like their varsity has less than 50 players. But the new coach is going about it the right way. Both 7th and 8th grade teams were in the wishbone.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

Gonna take some time at Greenfield Central. Both QBs and top WR transferred from the program in the last 9 months.

Looks like their varsity has less than 50 players. But the new coach is going about it the right way. Both 7th and 8th grade teams were in the wishbone.

Agreed. I look for MTV to take another step forward this year.

Saw Coach Nolting at Manchester camp, he is REALLY excited for his team but starting from scratch, lots of Freshman and Sophomores will be on the field, but as they say, something about Rome not being built in a day or was it the Pyramids.....either way, Coach Nolting knows what he is doing, but patience is the virtue.   Did I just use my allotted number of idoms or coach speaks??? 

LCC is looking very good this year.  After their fall from grace after having 3 different coaches in 4 years, the kids seem to have a good grip on the offensive and defensive schemes.  Lots of speed, more depth, and everyone looks a lot stronger.  It's gonna be a great day to be a knight this Friday in Lizton.

• Like 1

MIC - North Central

Short term goal for NHS is to break into the top half of the conference.  Long term, and HCC championship and post season success.  Justin Roden is a state championship winning coach, like Kevin O'Shea, and will keep this program moving higher and higher.

Outscored 68-14 last night...

Are they closer to contraction than breakout seasons now?

3 hours ago, Temptation said:

MIC - North Central

Of all the results, I think this one might have shocked me the most. Either Fishers is better or NC laid an egg last night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Of all the results, I think this one might have shocked me the most. Either Fishers is better or NC laid an egg last night.

From the limited action I saw, NC doesn’t have a QB who can throw the balk at this point. The starter had 3 INT’s in the 1st half.

Edited by Boilernation

On 8/20/2019 at 1:56 PM, LCC1776 said:

LCC is looking very good this year.  After their fall from grace after having 3 different coaches in 4 years, the kids seem to have a good grip on the offensive and defensive schemes.  Lots of speed, more depth, and everyone looks a lot stronger.  It's gonna be a great day to be a knight this Friday in Lizton.

Turned out to be not such a great day to be a Knight!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Turned out to be not such a great day to be a Knight!

Might’ve been a great DAY, but not such a good “knight.”

I’ll see myself out now...

16 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

I think it’s a combination of both.  Fishers is much improved while North Central threw 5 interceptions.