Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Southridge @ Linton

4 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

THE H T has given the Miner a LOT of love the past few years.  I noticed their coverage started to increase about the time A.K. was the quarterback.  

I knew the Sags were last year's, but thought he always put a prediction in even on week one.  Guess my memory isn't what it used to be.

I could be wrong, but I never remember a prediction in week one. We'll keep our fingers crossed for next week. I like to see those predictions also. Then if I disagree, I find out if I beat Harrell or not, lol.

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

MINER PRIDE sighting!!!  NOW, the season is officially underway.  As always, great writeup!  You are THE best, my friend!  Can't make the game tonight, but will catch the broadcast.  Hoping its you and Darren.

Go Miners!!!

His post almost wanted me to change my pick (no pun). Then, I remembered how hard it is to stop the Wing-T consistently when you don't have much tape or tendency. 

I think the Raiders win with fewer than two turnovers plus TDs given up in special teams. 

Should be a great Week 1 learning experience for both squads. No losers or playoff implications in Indiana! 

Linton is a very formidable opponent, and a good program to start the season with the past few seasons. Both teams would like to have a few plays back from this one. Stat line of the game.....TO's. Not sure the total, but fumbles really hurt LS tonight. SR had their own on the goal line as well. Linton will need to work on the shotgun snap ALOT going forward. Lots of sacks for the Raiders as a result of awful snaps. Raiders will look to get healthy as a few key Raiders were hobbling around, but not injured, mainly minor issues it seemed. Need to be at full strength next week for the Goal Post trophy!

First of all congrats to the Southridge Raiders for pulling out a tough come-from-behind win.

Disappointing loss for the Miners. Up 20-12 and positioned for their first-ever win in six tries against Southridge.

BUT – They gave up too many big plays. And the fumbles were Costly!

I knew going in pass coverage was going to be problematic. But the fumbles!!! Two led directly to scores. You could say it turned out to be the difference between winning and losing.

This Miner team I think has the potential to be really good. But they gotta shore up some things.

I thought Linton honestly played really well for the most part. Gotta cut out the big play on defense and the fumbles but that’s expected week 1. I would like to see us establish the run a little more, but the pass game I thought looked good. Think this team has a lot of potential once they get everyone healthy and clean things up. Should be an exciting year!

Well that was one the Miners gave away.  Up 20 to 12 and the defense playing well only to see it slip through their hands.  Hopefully lessons learned for the rest of the season.  I think the defense had 3 picks and a fumble recovery, but the Raiders passing game hurt the Miners.  Take away a couple of big pass plays and the outcome would probably have been different.  On to next week!

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:40 AM, Footballfan said:

I thought Linton honestly played really well for the most part. Gotta cut out the big play on defense and the fumbles but that’s expected week 1. I would like to see us establish the run a little more, but the pass game I thought looked good. Think this team has a lot of potential once they get everyone healthy and clean things up. Should be an exciting year!

I don't think Coach Oliver would agree with you.  He was obviously  disappointed and angry after the game and said if the players don't learn to do what they're supposed to do they might not win a game all season.  of course that was a bit of hyperbole, but they did make a ton of mistakes.  I know I expected much better from a veteran team.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kingtut said:

I don't think Coach Oliver would agree with you.  He was obviously  disappointed and angry after the game and said if the players don't learn to do what they're supposed to do they might not win a game all season.  of course that was a bit of hyperbole, but they did make a ton of mistakes.  I know I expected much better from a veteran team.   

Oh I agree you’re probably right he wouldn’t have agreed with my opinion, but he’s also seen a lot more of the team than I have he knew what to expect . I didn’t know much about them  besides who they returned and how they looked last year. My personal opinion I expected a sloppy offense no I didn’t expect them to commit as many fumbles as they did, but they did play better than I expected. I think they looked like they had good potential, and I’m excited to see how they learn from this and how the rest of the season goes. Go miners beat Sullivan! 

While it's perfectly understandable to feel like you gave one away, people (Miner fans especially) tend to forget the Raiders didn't play anywhere NEAR flawless either. 2 trips inside the Miner 5 YARD LINE in the first half and didn't convert either for TD's. That 12-7 halftime score could/should have been very easily 20-7 or 26-7, then we're talking a different tune here. 

Both teams played hard, both teams made LOTS of mistakes. Time for week 2 - best of luck to the Miners the rest of the way. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jets said:

While it's perfectly understandable to feel like you gave one away, people (Miner fans especially) tend to forget the Raiders didn't play anywhere NEAR flawless either. 2 trips inside the Miner 5 YARD LINE in the first half and didn't convert either for TD's. That 12-7 halftime score could/should have been very easily 20-7 or 26-7, then we're talking a different tune here. 

Both teams played hard, both teams made LOTS of mistakes. Time for week 2 - best of luck to the Miners the rest of the way. 

They did give this one away. Linton gave up 3-4 huge pass plays, 2 or 3 of them on 3rd and long where you are taught to keep your man in front of you. They did not. If both sides had played with zero turnovers, I believe Linton wins. Southridge persevered and will have a great season. Hopefully the Miners learn from this and grow as a team.  However, #59, Schrader(sp?) I believe, was amazing all game. I have never seen a Safety play guard on the offense, nor have I ever remembered a player's name without looking at the roster. Also, I have never seen a safety making that many tackles that close to the LOS. Lots of range. Also, I never saw him get beat deep per se. Good luck the rest of the year!