Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC NEWS

Pending approval from league principals, Marian will move to North Division of NIC for football in 2020, replacing departing Mishawaka. NIC North in 2020 will be Marian, St. Joe, Penn, Adams, New Prairie & Elkhart HS. NIC South: Riley, Clay, Washington, Jimtown, Glenn & Bremen.

This came from Angelo De Carlo

42 minutes ago, XStar said:

I think I saw that Penn and Mishawaka won't be playing in 2020 or 2021.  Is that true?

If true, I would not at all be surprised.  

I can see Mishawaka wanting to distance themselves from The NIC.  There is always a little bad blood and some animosity when a school leaves a conference, especially an original member like MHS.  They are likely looking at the NLC as a fresh new start.  

3 hours ago, NRRaider2001 said:

That's what was reported in the Penn HS newspaper a few days ago

If true, that's too bad.  That rivalry is as good as I've seen in high school sports.  Got to be disappointing for many players on both sides in the Class of '22 who may never get the chance to play in it.  I'm surprised nobody has found a way to get that game scheduled still.  

With 2 high schools under 925 in SB and the fact they are facing a $10M deficit in 2020 SB is going to have start thinking of closing or consolidating some buildings

Maybe they could start by closing the corporation headquarters downtown and selling it and move into a shuttered school building

Edited by Indian72
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

With 2 high schools under 925 in SB and the fact they are facing a $10M deficit in 2020 SB is going to have start thinking of closing or consolidating some buildings

Maybe they could start by closing the corporation headquarters downtown and selling it and move into a shuttered school building

The first thing is to combine Clay and Washington and moving them to LaSalle.  Minor renavations at most and it has held over 2000 students before.  I know, I was there

Move LaSalle kids to Washington.

I am not as familar with the elementary set ups so I don't know what to do with them.

So you would have 2 5a and 1 4a with the high schools.

1 hour ago, Indian72 said:

Corporation headquarters moved to Jefferson Intermediate and Jefferson Intermediate students will be moved and combined with Edison.  Take it to the bank.

1 hour ago, Indian72 said:

Corporation headquarters moved to Jefferson Intermediate and Jefferson Intermediate students will be moved and combined with Edison.  Take it to the bank.

15 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Saw that on Twitter. 

Said he was middle school coach last year?  Imsc. 

Combine Riley and Washington, which would give you an enrollment approximately the same as Adams.   Allow Clay to remain a Fine Arts Magnet and eliminate athletics at Clay.

Congratulations to Todd Stammich, new Washington head football coach.  Washington is fortunate to get a coach of Todd's caliber.  Todd has the ability to not only get kids to play football but to develop and keep them out for the whole season.  Are we going to have another team in the NIC playing "Bart Ball"?

Last night on Sports Beat they had an interview with the Mishawaka AD

Penn is off the football schedule in 2020 -  Mishawaka will open with Marian and then play East Noble followed by 7 conference games

Marian is the opening game for now - he did not mention how many years.

When they joined the NLC they had week 1-2 open to play Penn - Penn and MHS have been talking.  Penn wants to keep opening with Valpo

In 2020 Penn has a contract with Laporte

MHS is open to play Penn in week 2 and Dean said he would sign a 10 year contract to make it happen.  He is hoping that in 2021 they might play again in football but Penn has to have the same feeling

Talks have been ongoing

In certain other sports they will continue to play Penn if it can be worked in

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Penn is off the football schedule in 2020 -  Mishawaka will open with Marian and then play East Noble followed by 7 conference games

This is interesting to see. I always assumed Mishawaka would simply slide into Elkhart Memorial's spot in the NLC schedule (out of conference games week 1 and week 6). If they are going to be playing East Noble in week 2, I wonder if that means the Concord vs. Jimtown game will also be moving to week 2 and Mishawaka and Concord will play week 6.

• Like 1