Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC NEWS

5 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

Is Clay going to be around for the foreseeable future?  If they were cease in its current form, that could impact the current divisions.  

Who really knows?  They have under 1000 students now - I could see them closing it as a traditional high school and maybe specialize

Washington has under 800

Plus the School Board is considering a $10M funding referendum since they did not do much in the past 10 years to cut costs.

Now you have a board member who made a spectacle of confronting a state education member and got rid of a basketball coach.

I would say all is well in the SBCSC

On 2/27/2019 at 8:06 AM, NRRaider2001 said:

I mean, it really doesn't fit with the rest of us, but they could always come back to the NLC, and bring St. Joe, Marian, or New Prairie with them if things fell apart in the NIC.

Make that happen !!  Travel is the issue but an East/West NLC would be a fun conference and "Community" Schools.

Edited by NPFB

41 minutes ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

So today all SB school AD’s were fired and now the job will be a mix AD/Dean of students job. What they going to do next?

Agreed...they have decided that high schools needed a third principal than a full time AD.  Does that mean Seabe Gavin's position will be elimated?

Glenn and Bremen to the HNAC.  New Prairie and Jimtown to NLC.  South Bend trim down to 2 public high schools.  

Then St. Joe, Marian, Penn, 2 South Bend public school, new Elkhart public high school join Duneland.  Nice 14 team conference.  For football split east and west by placing Laporte in the east.  

1 hour ago, Major said:

Glenn and Bremen to the HNAC.  New Prairie and Jimtown to NLC.  South Bend trim down to 2 public high schools.  

Then St. Joe, Marian, Penn, 2 South Bend public school, new Elkhart public high school join Duneland.  Nice 14 team conference.  For football split east and west by placing Laporte in the east.  

That would work for us, but the factor that holds this up is travel distances. If NLC would go to a East/West split it wouldnt be bad, all schools within 45 min-1 hour. A conference of Plymouth, Northwood, Mishawaka, Northridge, New Prairie, and Jimtown would be outstanding and all with great communities that will travel.

1 hour ago, Major said:

Nope. There will be absolutely no appetite for that in LaPorte.

I think Jimtown to the NLC would have been a decent move (competitive profile of the school and location),  and was my guess to replace Memorial before Mishawaka filled that spot.   New Prairie is a great fit for football, but I don't believe they have a soccer team, don't know about swimming.  Then you have the issue of the NP to Wawasse commute for a Tuesday night girls tennis matchup.  Nobody is signing up for that.  

So if chaos breaks out in the SBCSC high schools does any see the NIC kicking the 4 or 3 SB schools out of the conference.

From a gate stand point they add little other then closeness when scheduling games.

This is going to be very interesting especially when the fall sports season starts