Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC NEWS

19 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

This is interesting to see. I always assumed Mishawaka would simply slide into Elkhart Memorial's spot in the NLC schedule (out of conference games week 1 and week 6). If they are going to be playing East Noble in week 2, I wonder if that means the Concord vs. Jimtown game will also be moving to week 2 and Mishawaka and Concord will play week 6.

Hubbard went through the whole 2020 football schedule on the radio but I do not recall the order but it seemed he said the last game would be Northridge

37 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Hubbard went through the whole 2020 football schedule on the radio but I do not recall the order but it seemed he said the last game would be Northridge

That would fall in line with Memorial's current schedule as they have finished the season with Northridge every year since joining the NLC. Maybe the scenario I mentioned is what will occur and Concord vs. Jimtown will move up to week 2 and Concord vs. Mishawaka will play week 6. That would give Mishawaka a heck of a 4 game stretch in the middle of the season:

Week 4: Warsaw

Week 5: Plymouth

Week 6: Concord

Week 7: NorthWood

2 hours ago, knights1121 said:

Based on what I a hearing Washington will continue to be an open high school for the foreseeable future.  They are planning on building a field house and stadium on the grounds.  I don't think they wold do that if they were closing.  Maybe Clay kids moving there....

While I agree that SB Washington does need an up grade on their facilities.  Where is the South Bend school corporation getting the money for this?  The corporation has a several million dollar shortfall now.

32 minutes ago, CoachK5 said:

While I agree that SB Washington does need an up grade on their facilities.  Where is the South Bend school corporation getting the money for this?  The corporation has a several million dollar shortfall now.

No clue.  This is what they were telling prospective football candidates in their interviews.

47 minutes ago, CoachK5 said:

Great point.  Not only a current shortfall, but also with the property tax caps kicking in, very limited prospects for increased revenue in the future.

On 2/1/2019 at 2:31 PM, CoachK5 said:

Back when Mc Collough was there he wanted their own field on campus.  With the finances looming with tax cuts and the fact SB probably needs to combine high schools and close under utilized buildings who knows where anything will go moving forward.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Which schools make up the HNAC currently?

Laville, Triton, Knox, Culver Community, Winamac, Pioneer, North Judson, Caston

Pretty competitive small school conference. Bremen and Glenn would add to that but is that in their best interest? Just curious what other options has Bremen talked about?

27 minutes ago, Offintheyard said:

Laville, Triton, Knox, Culver Community, Winamac, Pioneer, North Judson, Caston

Pretty competitive small school conference. Bremen and Glenn would add to that but is that in their best interest? Just curious what other options has Bremen talked about?

Without knowing specifics it seems that conference is a better fit for Bremen and Glenn at least from a competitive stand point. 

1 minute ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Without knowing specifics it seems that conference is a better fit for Bremen and Glenn at least from a competitive stand point. 

That could be. Football would have been very interesting between Bremen and Pioneer, Laville and Knox. Glenn could benefit from some of the competition. Basketball wise, the conference is pretty weak outside of Knox, Laville and Winamac. Glenn and Bremen would definitely bring up the competition level in the conference and probably help them in some sports. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

On 2/1/2019 at 3:04 PM, knights1121 said:

No clue.  This is what they were telling prospective football candidates in their interviews.

Knights 11221 are you going to be on the new  football staff @ Washington?

1 hour ago, Offintheyard said:

That could be. Football would have been very interesting between Bremen and Pioneer, Laville and Knox. Glenn could benefit from some of the competition. Basketball wise, the conference is pretty weak outside of Knox, Laville and Winamac. Glenn and Bremen would definitely bring up the competition level in the conference and probably help them in some sports. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Just for the records, Bremen was co-champs in the NIC-South with Marian.

As of right now Bremen has 2 options. Join the HNAC or stay in the NIC.  What does the NIC look like going forward?  What is happening with Clay?  Now that Marian is in the North, how does that effect the schedule?  It has been said that the gate receipts for sports are down comparative to when Bremen was in the NSC?  Why?  Many reasons, first dropping Plymouth, Valley has lost fan interest, Glenn has lost fan interest, Jimtown has lost fan interest.  Bremen isn't without fault either, we aren't bringing the largest draw on the road anymore.  

Bremen needs to do an audit of everything athletic. Are they doing everything to provide the best opportunity for its athletes?  This starts with the AD, is he a leader or a paper pusher?  Are the coaches dedicated or are they seat fillers?  Are parents on board?  Are the athletes buying in?  If they are not, why?  Is the current conference the best option or are there other viable options?  I hope they take a good hard look at everything from the top down, and don't make a change for the sake of change.

Edited by MarshallCounty
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

As of right now Bremen has 2 options. Join the HNAC or stay in the NIC.  What does the NIC look like going forward?  What is happening with Clay?  Now that Marian is in the North, how does that effect the schedule?  It has been said that the gate receipts for sports are down comparative to when Bremen was in the NSC?  Why?  Many reasons, first dropping Plymouth, Valley has lost fan interest, Glenn has lost fan interest, Jimtown has lost fan interest.  Bremen isn't without fault either, we aren't bringing the largest draw on the road anymore.  

Bremen needs to do an audit of everything athletic. Are they doing everything to provide the best opportunity for its athletes?  This starts with the AD, is he a leader or a paper pusher?  Are the coaches dedicated or are they seat fillers?  Are parents on board?  Are the athletes buying in?  If they are not, why?  Is the current conference the best option or are there other viable options?  I hope they take a good hard look at everything from the top down, and don't make a change for the sake of change.

I mean, it really doesn't fit with the rest of us, but they could always come back to the NLC, and bring St. Joe, Marian, or New Prairie with them if things fell apart in the NIC.

16 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

I mean, it really doesn't fit with the rest of us, but they could always come back to the NLC, and bring St. Joe, Marian, or New Prairie with them if things fell apart in the NIC.

Spots in the NLC could become a hot commodity soon! I give Mishawaka credit for their foresight and being proactive and it sounds like Glenn and Bremen are doing their due diligence as well.  The athletic department caught sleeping is the one that is going to lose out if a shakeup is imminent.

15 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Is Clay going to be around for the foreseeable future?  If they were cease in its current form, that could impact the current divisions.  

Clay is the least of SBCSC's worries at the moment.  I would say the foreseeable future they will be open.  They just closed a bunch of buildings and they have to get state approval for that.  They are trying to keep Navarre open and the discussion has been very public.