Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

I am most excited to see the PIoneer vs Cass outcome  

Both return a whole bunch of skill players, but you better believe Panthers will want to send an early message about their season without #4 and Gregorich 

New HC Brett Lambert takes his Jays into land of Cavs.   This game could be shortest of the night, O/U total passes will be set at 6, I gladly take the under 

• Like 1

Friday, Aug. 23
LaVille at Bremen - I'm glad to see this game back on the schedule.  LaVille's improvement in the Hostrawser years has earned them the right to play this game again!  And now that LaVille is 2A it's a good measurement for the Lions.  I like LaVille's team this year.  They should be in mid-season form right out of the gate.  Bremen is going to take some time to gel with a sophomore QB and a lot of new faces.  I'm taking the Lancers.  LaVille 21-7
Cass at Pioneer - Another good Sectional 34 match-up in week one!  I don't know much about Cass, but they were a pretty solid team last year as it turned out.  I suspect they felt they should have given the Panthers a better game in last year's opener.  They'll be on a mission Friday night.  But ultimately Pioneer will have too many offensive weapons to try to keep in check.  Von Tobel will be better than most expect at QB and the Panthers will reload on the line.  The twins will run wild.  Pioneer 30-17
North Judson at Culver - Ditmire is going to wear some defenses out this year!  He's a Dawson Patrick type load coming through the line and he will punish average defenses.  NJ lost too much from last year's team to hang with the Cavs.  It's the Zack attack for the win.  Look for him to pound out 250 on the ground against a young Jays defense!  Culver 27-7
South Central at Triton - Triton had a couple of talented and hard working classes come through, and Coach Brown knew how to get the most out of them!  (Good luck to Coach Brown at Elwood!)  Those football players are gone and I'm not sure the remaining guys really understand how hard you have to work for success.  I suspect they'll find out pretty quick!  SCUM also lost their all-state (in baseball) QB, but they have some guys returning.  I'm going with the Satellites in a close one.  South Central 21-19
West Central at Caston - Don't know much about either team really, except I know the Caston kids have some heart!  With only one senior on last year's squad, the Comets will return a lot.  I'm pulling for them to get the W.  Caston 19-13
Winamac at Knox - Can Winamac be good enough in the passing game to knock off some folks this year?  I'm going to say yes.  Their sophomore QB will get better as the year goes on.  But I don't think they'll have the horses to hang around with a solid Knox team.  Coach Hendryx has that program moving along and I don't see them taking a step backward this year.  Knox by 3 scores.  Knox 28-7

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Are you ready for some football....let’s pick’em!

Friday, Aug. 23
LaVille at Bremen, 7 pm
Cass at Pioneer, 7 pm
North Judson at Culver ©, 7:30 pm
South Central at Triton, 7:30 pm
West Central at Caston, 7 pm
Winamac at Knox ©, 7:30 pm

I'll go Laville 28- Bremen 14

Pioneer in close one 21-17

Culver big 35-7 

Triton 15- SC 13

How can anyone root against caston!!!                   I'll go caston 19- Wc 13

Think we might see a lot points in Knox Friday.    I'll go KNOX 45 - WINAMAC 21

22 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Friday, Aug. 23

LaVille at Bremen, 7 pm

Cass at Pioneer, 7 pm

Woah!  How quickly to shun the Panthers!!

Pioneer has some room to spare here, as exhibited with 5 straight over Cass with last 4 shutouts and a combined 171-0, including 44-0 last year.  Reminder, a win is a win, whether its 44 points or just 1!!

Coach Berry and staff will have Panthers prepared.  Looking forward to seeing last year's role players take it to another level.  Lewellen twins averaged 3-5 carries a game last year, and will now be featured backs getting as many as it takes.  

IMO it comes down to SPEED and turnovers, and Panthers easily have the 2 fastest on the field and its not close.  Hang on to the ball and they should get the W.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coach-Ref_Kiser said:

Pioneer has some room to spare here, as exhibited with 5 straight over Cass with last 4 shutouts and a combined 171-0, including 44-0 last year.  Reminder, a win is a win, whether its 44 points or just 1!!

Coach Berry and staff will have Panthers prepared.  Looking forward to seeing last year's role players take it to another level.  Lewellen twins averaged 3-5 carries a game last year, and will now be featured backs getting as many as it takes.  

IMO it comes down to SPEED and turnovers, and Panthers easily have the 2 fastest on the field and its not close.  Hang on to the ball and they should get the W.

Image result for strategery

LaVille @ Bremen

Bremens got a young n dumb team. Against an experienced team who finished the year last year on a disappointing note as the Jays handed it to them in sectionals. LaVille brings back a whole lotta talent, expect the Lancers to handle business: LaVille 28-7

Cass @ Pioneer

Pioneer obviously lost a lot after last years class but still return a plethora of offensive weapons, expect the Lewellan boys to run wild and Von Tobel to show off the cannon and shock a lot of people at QB... The Panthers will keep the win streak alive: Panthers 21-7

NJSP @ Culver

Jays return 3 and 2 starters respectively, as Culver lost hardly anything, while returning starting force Zack Ditmire. The HNACs new Dawson Patrick will give defenses  fits all year long. Expect to see some new offensive stuff from new coach Brett Lambert. The Jays do return all state linebacker Nolan Shidler though, but on the offensive side have moved him to tackle... That man needs the ball in his hands as it is his team... Rookie coach mistake??? Anyways this will be a battle but I see the Cavs taking this one: Culver 28-7

SCUM @ Triton

Trojans, much like the Jays, lose a big class and SCUM loses a walking 50 yard bomb at QB. Should be a dog fight: SCUM 28-27

West Central @ Caston

Respect to the Caston kids for sticking with it, but this will be a $*** show to say the least. Expect the Comets to get their first win in awhile: Caston 21-14

Winamac @ Knox 

Winamac loses some talent as does Knox but I see Knox with a lot more depth to cover the holes left by Patrick and Prater. Expect there to be a lot of passing in Pulaski County though this year as Compton will not be afraid to let it fly: Redskins 35-14

2 hours ago, Wild Frogs said:

LaVille @ Bremen

Bremens got a young n dumb team. Against an experienced team who finished the year last year on a disappointing note as the Jays handed it to them in sectionals. LaVille brings back a whole lotta talent, expect the Lancers to handle business: LaVille 28-7

Bremen may not be as experienced at a lot of positions compared to LaVille but LaVille has a young OL with only 1 starter returning from last season.  This will be the key matchup, especially this early in the season.  I heard Wabash DL got a lot of pressure on the QB and had several tackles for loss.  Bremen should bring the heat all night long.  Should be a good one in B-Town.

17 hours ago, Coach-Ref_Kiser said:

Although I think Cass will have a good team this year the historic stats do show this will be another Panther win.  They have to many weapons for the Kings to overcome.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Bremen may not be as experienced at a lot of positions compared to LaVille but LaVille has a young OL with only 1 starter returning from last season.  This will be the key matchup, especially this early in the season.  I heard Wabash DL got a lot of pressure on the QB and had several tackles for loss.  Bremen should bring the heat all night long.  Should be a good one in B-Town.

I didn't realize LaVille had to rebuild their line from last year.  This may be a closer game than I expected!  I'd go to this one if I didn't have responsibilities at Triton Friday night.  Should be a good one!

28 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

I didn't realize LaVille had to rebuild their line from last year.  This may be a closer game than I expected!  I'd go to this one if I didn't have responsibilities at Triton Friday night.  Should be a good one!

A friend of mine is optimistic about the defense for Bremen.  Very athletic group that wants to hit.  Offense is the question mark.  Young QB, in his first start will have jitters.  Huffman at TE could be a valuable safety valve for him.  Wogoman, got carries at running back last year, so he isn't completely green.  He will carry the load.  He is an all-state caliber linebacker that loves contact.  It will be interesting to see what he does hauling the rock.  I think this game is tight.

20 hours ago, Wild Frogs said:

NJSP @ Culver

Jays return 3 and 2 starters respectively, as Culver lost hardly anything, while returning starting force Zack Ditmire. The HNACs new Dawson Patrick will give defenses  fits all year long. Expect to see some new offensive stuff from new coach Brett Lambert. The Jays do return all state linebacker Nolan Shidler though, but on the offensive side have moved him to tackle... That man needs the ball in his hands as it is his team... Rookie coach mistake??? Anyways this will be a battle but I see the Cavs taking this one: Culver 28-7

SHEESH 

Nothing like getting the heat from the alumni base before game 1 has even been played.   

Sounds like you are auditioning for a spot on staff!!!  

If this Shidler kid is tough hard nosed kid, wouldn't you want him UP FRONT to BLOCK so that the RB can gain positive yards?    What good would it be if this kid was in the backfield and the next guy up is not good enough to block??  

• Like 2

On 8/20/2019 at 3:12 PM, SteelCurtain88 said:

Friday, Aug. 23
LaVille at Bremen, 7 pm
Cass at Pioneer, 7 pm

LaVille by 2 scores 

Pioneer begins their 2A run by beating a tough Cass Squad 

Ditmire.... I mean Culver will beat Judson in a game with no passing 

South Central will beat a young Triton Team 

With Castons new offense West Central won’t be ready, Caston by 2 touchdowns 

Knox will have the biggest win in the HNAC this week, Knox by 4 scores

9 minutes ago, Douglas65 said:

LaVille by 2 scores 

Caston moving from the phone booth??

On 8/20/2019 at 3:12 PM, SteelCurtain88 said:

Friday, Aug. 23
LaVille at Bremen, 7 pm
Cass at Pioneer, 7 pm

LaVille by 2 scores 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

SHEESH 

Nothing like getting the heat from the alumni base before game 1 has even been played.   

Sounds like you are auditioning for a spot on staff!!!  

If this Shidler kid is tough hard nosed kid, wouldn't you want him UP FRONT to BLOCK so that the RB can gain positive yards?    What good would it be if this kid was in the backfield and the next guy up is not good enough to block??  

He is going to be the best player on the field almost everytime he's out there... He needs the ball...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wild Frogs said:

He is going to be the best player on the field almost everytime he's out there... He needs the ball...

Based on the needs of the Jays, him playing o-line is right where he needs to be. He knows that it puts the team in the best possible position to win with him blocking and that's a team player! Criticizing the coach before a single game has been played isn't the best route to go... The most important guys on the field are the ones blocking up front!

• Like 1