Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

48 minutes ago, Douglas65 said:

Yes indeed, they have finally joined the 21st century and they run a Single Back RPO offense. Uptempo lots of passing 

Triton spread the field the last couple of years.  Sounds like Winamac and Caston are also going that direction this year.  It certainly brings a new dynamic to the conference.  Teams that won't be run-first offenses.  Could be a long learning curve for Caston with a freshman running the show, but it also means they could be pretty darn good at it in a couple years!  I think it's good for all the conference schools to see these offenses during the regular season.  It should make everyone better come tournament time.

On 8/20/2019 at 3:12 PM, SteelCurtain88 said:

Are you ready for some football....let’s pick’em!

Friday, Aug. 23
LaVille at Bremen, 7 pm
Cass at Pioneer, 7 pm
North Judson at Culver ©, 7:30 pm
South Central at Triton, 7:30 pm
West Central at Caston, 7 pm
Winamac at Knox ©, 7:30 pm

Laville over Bremen,  24-16

Pioneer over Cass, 32-18

North Judson over Culver, 19-13

South Central over Triton, 20-19

Knox over Winamac, 30-6

11 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

Based on the needs of the Jays, him playing o-line is right where he needs to be. He knows that it puts the team in the best possible position to win with him blocking and that's a team player! Criticizing the coach before a single game has been played isn't the best route to go... The most important guys on the field are the ones blocking up front!

MY MAN

A voice of reason!!!

Laville over Bremen

Cass over Pioneer

Culver over North Judson

South Central over Triton

Knox over Winamac

Contrary to popular belief, I think Cass will have the two best football players (not athletes) on the field come Friday night when they square off with Pioneer. If he plays, The Eurit kid is a tough and athletic runner. Good made some incredible plays at wideout last Friday. I can't wait for the matchup between him and one of the Lewellen boys at Corner. Even though I picked Cass to win, whoever wins the turnover battle will come out of this as the Sectional 34 front-runner. Tomorrow night can't come soon enough!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Coach-Ref_Kiser said:

Oh boy.  Pass heavy teams in 1A don't usually have the skill players to make it effective and efficient consistently for 4 quarters.  Good luck!

The Schanlaub kid that played QB last year moved to WR and is a big target, Rock-Wolf should have a big year catching the ball. Smith and Hickle are pretty solid backs that should rotate and get lots of yards once everything gets opened up. They have some other young kids who will play some Receiver. I was surprised when they came out in it at the scrimmage. They looked really good against Tri-County. But at the same time Tri-County’s Defense wasn’t the best. So we should get a better look at what they can do this week. 

2 minutes ago, Wild Frogs said:

The kids got an All-State selection under his belt as a Junior... But hey, what does that mean 🤣👎

considering you tried hiding your real name when I validated your account, it means everything  :classic_ninja:  Don't worry, I fixed it for ya 

Did you run Cross Country in H.S.?  

Only some GID Legends will understand that reference!!!  

Happy Friday Friends

Best of luck to all 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

considering you tried hiding your real name when I validated your account, it means everything  :classic_ninja:  Don't worry, I fixed it for ya 

Did you run Cross Country in H.S.?  

Only some GID Legends will understand that reference!!!  

Happy Friday Friends

Best of luck to all 

Hayden Kaminski, North Judson tennis legend and Football Guru... 

• Disdain 2

Cass dominated the line of scrimmage all night and limited Pioneer's inside running game. Pioneer appeared to be a work in progress offensively. Pioneer will make some noise in the sectional if the inexperienced offensive line can improve. Pioneer looked a bit lost without #4 in the backfield.

Defensively for Pioneer, it could have been much worse. Multiple sure fire TD drops by Cass kept the game close. 

Hats off to Cass. Humphrey and Eurit are special players, as well as the QB.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

How did the laville offensive line hold up Friday night?

Took them awhile to get the run game going but they looked pretty good for week 1.  Actually thought Bremen would be better but they lost a ton, so I guess that’s to be expected.  Conference will be between LaVille Knox and Pioneer.  Should be exciting!!

19 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

How did the laville offensive line hold up Friday night?

Took them awhile to get the run game going but they looked pretty good for week 1.  Actually thought Bremen would be better but they lost a ton, so I guess that’s to be expected.  Conference will be between LaVille Knox and Pioneer.  Should be exciting!!

• Like 1

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  The LaVIlle offensive line is a new unit, learning to play together for LaVille.  They still have a long way to go before I'd say pretty good.  That is a bit overstated. They were still below average against a Bremen team that lost a bunch of talent.

The LaVille defensive side looked, and I'll use SteelCurtain 88 words here, looked "pretty good"  The LaVille defense held Bremen to under 20 yards, had an interception and a fumble recovery in the second half.

The LaVille offense has some weapons and once the timing comes together, the offense could be something special.  The specialty players have skills and the QB is another year older.

The offensive line will be key, though.  They just have to learn to play together.

I think LaVille gets Triton Friday in the home opener at Lancer Field.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

5 hours ago, Douglas65 said:

I saw the Knox game score, did Winimac play bad or did Knox play that well?

Knox is bigger, stronger, more physical and Faster up front. Knox is also a lot quicker at the skilled positions. 

Winamac had some trouble on punt. Their long snapper and Punter coming into the year are both hurt. Kiefer is out for the season and Murray broke his hand in Soccer... That gave some good field positioning. 

Russell Compton also struggled some. Hes a great kid and is gonna be a stud but hes gotta trust his other receivers. Jared Huetten is gonna see a lot of double coverage.. And that means hes gotta hit Keith Dell, Brayden Lynch and Hayden Clark. He had some time but he was really just looking at Huetten. I think hell be fine though. 

Knox lost Prater, Patrick, McCarty and Pfost and some subs but most of those guys played last year as starters. 

6 hours ago, Douglas65 said:

I saw the Knox game score, did Winimac play bad or did Knox play that well?

I wasn't a fan of alot of the play calling winamac tried Friday night. Was clear early on that Knox is extremely quick and talented on defense.   The long snapper situation definitely didnt do them any favors either.   

On 8/21/2019 at 2:38 PM, Wild Frogs said:

LaVille @ Bremen

Bremens got a young n dumb team. Against an experienced team who finished the year last year on a disappointing note as the Jays handed it to them in sectionals. LaVille brings back a whole lotta talent, expect the Lancers to handle business: LaVille 28-7

Cass @ Pioneer

Pioneer obviously lost a lot after last years class but still return a plethora of offensive weapons, expect the Lewellan boys to run wild and Von Tobel to show off the cannon and shock a lot of people at QB... The Panthers will keep the win streak alive: Panthers 21-7

NJSP @ Culver

Jays return 3 and 2 starters respectively, as Culver lost hardly anything, while returning starting force Zack Ditmire. The HNACs new Dawson Patrick will give defenses  fits all year long. Expect to see some new offensive stuff from new coach Brett Lambert. The Jays do return all state linebacker Nolan Shidler though, but on the offensive side have moved him to tackle... That man needs the ball in his hands as it is his team... Rookie coach mistake??? Anyways this will be a battle but I see the Cavs taking this one: Culver 28-7

SCUM @ Triton

Trojans, much like the Jays, lose a big class and SCUM loses a walking 50 yard bomb at QB. Should be a dog fight: SCUM 28-27

West Central @ Caston

Respect to the Caston kids for sticking with it, but this will be a $*** show to say the least. Expect the Comets to get their first win in awhile: Caston 21-14

Winamac @ Knox 

Winamac loses some talent as does Knox but I see Knox with a lot more depth to cover the holes left by Patrick and Prater. Expect there to be a lot of passing in Pulaski County though this year as Compton will not be afraid to let it fly: Redskins 35-14

Frogster..

At first I thought it was a mistake too but the more I thought about it. North Judson needed more help on the OLINE then they did in the back field. Nolan is a hard worker, a leader and a team player. Im sure he wasn't thrilled about it at first but hes doing what's best for the team offensively. 

Easy steps my young padwan learner. Nowlin knows a thing or two about the OL/DL. The force is strong with that one. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

On 8/20/2019 at 3:25 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

I am most excited to see the PIoneer vs Cass outcome  

Both return a whole bunch of skill players, but you better believe Panthers will want to send an early message about their season without #4 and Gregorich 

New HC Brett Lambert takes his Jays into land of Cavs.   This game could be shortest of the night, O/U total passes will be set at 6, I gladly take the under 

Jays went 5/8 passing on the night Coach!

• Like 1