Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2 Region Teams to Watch in 2019

Want to give some positive love to a couple of teams who may surprise some folks this year. 

4a Morton Governors :   Coach Kinsey has been doing a nice job, promoting what the Govs have to offer and taking his kids to different exposure camps, I believe they have a QB and WR with offers right now.  

3a:  Calumet Warriors:   They may end up being the Sectional favorite come Week 10 in 3a.   Heard a lot of positive vibes coming off the summer scrimmage tour, Coach Good came from Mt. Carmel and had previous NWI coaching experience.   

For Morton, 5'11 JR WR JoJo Johnson and 6'2 JR DE Dierre Kelly both have multiple MAC offers. 6'2 SR Credell Prather is the QB. He should get picked up by someone. I know he visited Marian early in August.

I definitely agree with your comments regarding Coach Kinsey bringing exposure to the Gov program. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Want to give some positive love to a couple of teams who may surprise some folks this year. 

4a Morton Governors :   Coach Kinsey has been doing a nice job, promoting what the Govs have to offer and taking his kids to different exposure camps, I believe they have a QB and WR with offers right now.  

3a:  Calumet Warriors:   They may end up being the Sectional favorite come Week 10 in 3a.   Heard a lot of positive vibes coming off the summer scrimmage tour, Coach Good came from Mt. Carmel and had previous NWI coaching experience.   

Great job as always, Coach Nowlin, on pubbing region football (along w this great game in general). 

3 hours ago, Boilernation said:

For Morton, 5'11 JR WR JoJo Johnson and 6'2 JR DE Dierre Kelly both have multiple MAC offers. 6'2 SR Credell Prather is the QB. He should get picked up by someone. I know he visited Marian early in August.

I definitely agree with your comments regarding Coach Kinsey bringing exposure to the Gov program. 

Where's Rippy???

• 1 month later...

lets check back here:  

Hammond Morton 6-1, only loss week 1 when QB went down, they have since recovered nicely led by JoJo Johnson with an offer from IU and some love coming from PU, along with 4 MAC offers.  

Calumet Warriors:  Sitting at 5-1 with game vs Griffith cancelled due to weather on Friday and State not waiving the opportunity to play on Monday as that Saturday, Warriors attended the funeral of their fallen teammate who died tragically in the school pool earlier in the season. 

Both Schools are going to be a tough out in their respected sectionals.  

5 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

lets check back here:  

Hammond Morton 6-1, only loss week 1 when QB went down, they have since recovered nicely led by JoJo Johnson with an offer from IU and some love coming from PU, along with 4 MAC offers.  

Calumet Warriors:  Sitting at 5-1 with game vs Griffith cancelled due to weather on Friday and State not waiving the opportunity to play on Monday as that Saturday, Warriors attended the funeral of their fallen teammate who died tragically in the school pool earlier in the season. 

Both Schools are going to be a tough out in their respected sectionals.  

I agree, but on another site, people are crowing Knox in that Sectional.

13 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Is Prather coming back this year for Morton?  Man,  I think they had Highland beat in OT if they wouldn't have missed the PAT at the end of the 4th Quarter. Morton controlled that 2nd half and was pushing Highland around by the end of the 4th. 

I’m looking forward ti the Sectional—Hobart, Lowell, and Oliver P. Morton should make it interesting to see who will most likely play New Prairie.

Edited by Gipper