Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Updated Indiana H.S. Football Records

Charlie Spegal was at 7,699 rushing yards and 722 points at the end of last season (now at 7,880 and 746). Also, New Palestine had 54 consecutive regular season wins at the end of last season (now 55). There are a couple of other omissions for NP (10 sectional titles, 6 regional titles, 4 State Finals appearances). 

That 2015 New Pal team put up 7,701 yards in just 14 games, too ... they were in 5A and drew a bye in the first round of the tourney. 

It hasn't been updated yet, but when accounting for the fact that Pioneer scored 932 points last season, it is second all time nationally for points scored in a season and smashed the former Indiana record of 811 points set by the 1988 Sheridan team. I knew that Pioneer led the nation in points scored last season, but I didn't know that it even ranked in the top ten all time, let alone second. 

Pioneer scored 932 points last season and allowed only 49. Most dominant 1A team ever. 

https://nfhs.org/RecordBook/Record-book-result.aspx?CategoryId=23

Edited by AG
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 4:10 AM, AG said:

It hasn't been updated yet, but when accounting for the fact that Pioneer scored 932 points last season, it is second all time nationally for points scored in a season and smashed the former Indiana record of 811 points set by the 1988 Sheridan team. I knew that Pioneer led the nation in points scored last season, but I didn't know that it even ranked in the top ten all time, let alone second. 

Pioneer scored 932 points last season and allowed only 49. Most dominant 1A team ever. 

https://nfhs.org/RecordBook/Record-book-result.aspx?CategoryId=23

New Pal scored 854 points in 2015. That had been the state record.