Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

And your 2019 state champions are

23 minutes ago, SoIndRef said:

Unless Gibson Southern's QB has beefed up a bit, I feel like this is a bit of a stretch.  We had them when they played Henderson County last year.  Granted, conditions were not ideal, but if you rattled him and he had to move around, he was not very effective.  He is only a sophomore, so he is going to mature and improve, I just don't think this year is the year for that.

I honestly did a name drop when I said Gibson Southern. I do not know who was good last year in 3A outside of West Lafayette and Memorial, but I do know Gibson Southern is good, year in and year out, and are due for an appearance in the Oil Can...

23 minutes ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

I honestly did a name drop when I said Gibson Southern. I do not know who was good last year in 3A outside of West Lafayette and Memorial, but I do know Gibson Southern is good, year in and year out, and are due for an appearance in the Oil Can...

Definitely not doubting the possibility of it.  I am sure he has matured and gained valuable experience from last year.  I do hope they do well, but it is a tough sectional, and it is possible the team that makes it out of there can go a ways.

1 hour ago, SoIndRef said:

Unless Gibson Southern's QB has beefed up a bit, I feel like this is a bit of a stretch.  We had them when they played Henderson County last year.  Granted, conditions were not ideal, but if you rattled him and he had to move around, he was not very effective.  He is only a sophomore, so he is going to mature and improve, I just don't think this year is the year for that.

I'm sure he has beefed up from last year, but I agree to a certain extent.  He is not a very mobile QB.  I'm sure that with a year under his belt things have slowed down for him.  On the flip side, the path to LOS in 3A South is very different now than in previous years.  My feeling is that whoever comes out of Sectional 32 has to be the favorite to make it to LOS, but overall I think West Lafayette has to be the favorite to win again.  They have some studs returning.   

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Without a doubt.

#sandimashighschoolfootballrules

Although my irreverent demeanor has been fueled my one rather large iced latte from Peet's Coffee this morning, I do, believe it or not, sports fans, have a pair of big boy pants.  Henceforth, I will offer my picks:

Warren Central

Valparaiso

East Central

West Lafayette

Andrean

Triton

You think Warren Central will repeat as 6A Champions? Thanks for your reply. The state's largest class has not had a repeat champion since 2006 when, you guessed, WC did it.

Just now, Warren Central Warrior said:

You think Warren Central will repeat as 6A Champions? Thanks for your reply. The state's largest class has not had a repeat champion since 2006 when, you guessed, WC did it.

I do.  I think the Warriors are that good.

Just now, Gipper said:

I do.  I think the Warriors are that good.

They should name the 6A tournament the MIC Shootout...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Without a doubt.

#sandimashighschoolfootballrules

Although my irreverent demeanor has been fueled my one rather large iced latte from Peet's Coffee this morning, I do, believe it or not, sports fans, have a pair of big boy pants.  Henceforth, I will offer my picks:

Warren Central

Valparaiso

East Central

West Lafayette

Andrean

Triton

I think you might need a bigger cup of coffee 😁 I don't think Triton will make it out of their Sectional.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gipper said:

Much akin to the NCAA tourney in basketball, I love a good upset.  What if schools like Lawrence North (6A), Terre Haute South (5A), East Chicago Central (4A), Angola (3A), Benton Central (2A), and (dare I say it?) South Newton put together a Hickory Husker type of run and take all the marbles?

While 4A East Chicago would be a true Cinderella story, there is a legit dark horse in Hammond Morton.  Stud QB, D-I receiver and DE.  They will be on everyone's radar in short order.

16 minutes ago, HanShotFirst said:

While 4A East Chicago would be a true Cinderella story, there is a legit dark horse in Hammond Morton.  Stud QB, D-I receiver and DE.  They will be on everyone's radar in short order.

I concur, Sectional 17 will be a good one, never discount Lowell...

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

I concur, Sectional 17 will be a good one, never discount Lowell...

You are correct.  Something like five or six sectional championships in a row for Kilmer's Devils?  We will learn a lot when Lowell plays the Govs in Week 3.  I imagine Hobart probably fits somewhere into this sectional equation, too.  I am sure they are licking their chops, coming home to Lake County from their recent adventures out east.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

6A:  Carmel over Brownsburg

5A:  New Palestine over Valparaiso

4A:  Mooresville over Marion

3A:  West Lafayette over Gibson Southern

2A:  Western Boone over Pioneer

1A:  North Vermillion over South Adams

Could definitely see South Adams making it there this year if things go as planned.

5 hours ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

6A: North Central over Lafayette Jeff, 35-31

5A: Michigan City over New Pal, 28-24

4A: Marian over Evansville Central, 21-14

3A:  Chatard over Gibson Southern, 42-19

2A: Western Boone over Luers,  27-14

1A: Adams Central over Parke Heritage, 28-20

While I'd love to see that 1A game result, my beloved Jets are going to have to figure it out after losing some key players. It seems the years we have a chance, some stud like Nick Zachery or Jack Kiser just so happens to be there making multiple title appearances. That or you face one of the best 1A defenses like LCC in the late 90s or the start of Pioneer becoming a major player (97) & North White (98). Maybe soon another 2000 season will occur. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Offintheyard said:

I think you might need a bigger cup of coffee 😁 I don't think Triton will make it out of their Sectional.

A much, MUCH bigger cup!!!  Last season was Triton's chance to make a run.  But just like LCC, Adams Central, and North Vermillion, we ran into Pioneer and Mr. Kiser - not once, but twice - to the tune of 122-6.  OUCH!

Triton will be a very long shot to win their sectional this year.  Not impossible.  But not likely.

22 hours ago, ts32 said:

2A: Mater Dei will have to get past Linton in the sectional first

Madder Days has been a 2a power for at least 20 years, maybe even 2 decades, swear to God they are. Lipton was a badass in 1A’s but ain’t scarin 2A’s yet. I gotta go 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SoIndRef said:

Definitely not doubting the possibility of it.  I am sure he has matured and gained valuable experience from last year.  I do hope they do well, but it is a tough sectional, and it is possible the team that makes it out of there can go a ways.

200lbs now.

On 8/23/2019 at 3:50 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Madder Days has been a 2a power for at least 20 years, maybe even 2 decades, swear to God they are. Lipton was a badass in 1A’s but ain’t scarin 2A’s yet. I gotta go 

Tell your boss I said hi

On 8/23/2019 at 8:57 AM, RedwoodCowTippers said:

6A: North Central over Lafayette Jeff, 35-31

5A: Michigan City over New Pal, 28-24

4A: Marian over Evansville Central, 21-14

3A:  Chatard over Gibson Southern, 42-19

2A: Western Boone over Luers,  27-14

1A: Adams Central over Parke Heritage, 28-20

Now that, is a BOLD 6a pick right there.

12 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Now that, is a BOLD 6a pick right there.

Wonders how good Lafayette Jeff is this year. Are they suppose to be better than last year? From what I hear, the team that beat them (Carmel) is also improved from last year. Snider.........better than last year. Homestead............better than last year. Where does that leave Penn? Fifth in the North? How good is Valpo (whipped Penn)? If Penn is the 5th best team in the north, that would be a first in several decades. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 8:09 AM, Gipper said:

Much akin to the NCAA tourney in basketball, I love a good upset.  What if schools like Lawrence North (6A), Terre Haute South (5A), East Chicago Central (4A), Angola (3A), Benton Central (2A), and (dare I say it?) South Newton put together a Hickory Husker type of run and take all the marbles?

Angola is in 4A.

18 hours ago, BTF said:

Wonders how good Lafayette Jeff is this year. Are they suppose to be better than last year? From what I hear, the team that beat them (Carmel) is also improved from last year. Snider.........better than last year. Homestead............better than last year. Where does that leave Penn? Fifth in the North? How good is Valpo (whipped Penn)? If Penn is the 5th best team in the north, that would be a first in several decades. 

I was amazed to learn Valpo destroyed Penn, but can't help but wonder how their league will prepare them for the tournament.