Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

And your 2019 state champions are

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

I was amazed to learn Valpo destroyed Penn, but can't help but wonder how their league will prepare them for the tournament.

I imagine Valpo would be battle tested by the time the tournament gets here. Penn + an improved Duneland = a pretty solid schedule..............I think.

15 hours ago, BTF said:

I imagine Valpo would be battle tested by the time the tournament gets here. Penn + an improved Duneland = a pretty solid schedule..............I think.

Should be interesting.  Always good to have NWI represented in Indianapolis.

The DAC is only improved in that Merrillville is better and finally playing up to its potential. The rest of the conference is still mediocre to poor. No doubt the top three will push one another and I see the Pirates having a great battle in their sectional with Lafayette Jeff and the winner of the Valpo and Michigan City sectional playing in Indianapolis. 

I see the winner of sectional 1 also playing in Indianapolis as Penn will be lucky to not have 6 losses this year. Not a good year for them to have Homewood Flossmoor on their schedule. 

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:44 PM, BTF said:

Hopefully, but other than Merrillville, the DAC isn't looking so hot...

I knew Valpo was big on the lines with 2 or 3 D1 recruits scattered across both lines, but they looked huge on film. You can catch their game against Penn on ihsaatv.org. Their O-Line was pushing Penn around with ease. The big Jr. DE, Cooper Jones, will likely follow in his dads footsteps and play at ND if offered. Supposedly, Ohio State has already offered.

5 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I knew Valpo was big on the lines with 2 or 3 D1 recruits scattered across both lines, but they looked huge on film. You can catch their game against Penn on ihsaatv.org. Their O-Line was pushing Penn around with ease. The big Jr. DE, Cooper Jones, will likely follow in his dads footsteps and play at ND if offered. Supposedly, Ohio State has already offered.

They look like they could vie for 6a supremacy this year. 

On 8/22/2019 at 8:46 PM, LC_Bears_04 said:

6A:  Carmel over Brownsburg

5A:  New Palestine over Valparaiso

4A:  Mooresville over Marion

3A:  West Lafayette over Gibson Southern

2A:  Western Boone over Pioneer

1A:  North Vermillion over South Adams

Pioneer just lost week 1 to Lewis Cass who is in their sectional. Pioneer made some mistakes and will get better, but Cass didn't come close to playing a great game either. And lets not forget Andrean and Luers are back down in 2A which will be a Regional and Semi-State matchup against some very respectable programs. Not saying Pioneer can't do it, but 2A is tough this year and Pioneer isn't near as talented as they were last year across the boards.

3 hours ago, TacklingFuel_10 said:

Pioneer just lost week 1 to Lewis Cass who is in their sectional. Pioneer made some mistakes and will get better, but Cass didn't come close to playing a great game either. And lets not forget Andrean and Luers are back down in 2A which will be a Regional and Semi-State matchup against some very respectable programs. Not saying Pioneer can't do it, but 2A is tough this year and Pioneer isn't near as talented as they were last year across the boards.

I made those predictions before last Friday’s games were played.  I was trying to decide whether to pick Pioneer or Eastbrook as the 2A state finalist from the North.  So of course I picked the wrong team.  My 2A prediction is now Western Boone over Eastbrook.  I don’t think any less of Eastbrook for losing a competitive game to an excellent team in Marion that I think will make the 4A State Finals this season.

6 hours ago, TacklingFuel_10 said:

Pioneer's biggest issue is that they started with two injured OL/DL, one who is out for the season. Then on their first drive of the night they lost another, so they were playing a top ten 2A team without three two-way linemen. Two of those players will be back next week.

Edited by AG

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 7:21 PM, BoomBoomMcGee said:

After 4 games now....anybody wish to re-evaluate?

I’ll bite.

6A:  Avon over Carmel

4A:  Mooresville over New Prairie

3A:  Chatard over Gibson Southern

2A:  Western Boone over Cass

1A:  South Adams over Lutheran

On 8/22/2019 at 8:46 PM, LC_Bears_04 said:

6A:  Carmel over Brownsburg

4A:  Mooresville over Marion

3A:  West Lafayette over Gibson Southern

2A:  Western Boone over Pioneer

1A:  North Vermillion over South Adams

WEBO and North Vermillion aren't as strong as they seem.....Pioneer and South Adams will probably stop them this year....just ask North Vermillion about Pioneer....