Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

And your 2019 state champions are

26 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Lafayette Jeff also looking strong.

I know it is a small sample size but this is shaping up to be the most unpredictable 6a postseason yet.

1 minute ago, Olympian06 said:

I would still be shocked if someone from the MIC or Avon didn’t win the 6A title. 

I wouldn’t.  (Never thought I’d say that.)

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I know it is a small sample size but this is shaping up to be the most unpredictable 6a postseason yet.

I wouldn’t.  (Never thought I’d say that.)

I just hope people look at that loss to Columbus North and say East has no chance in that sectional with CG :) 

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

I too was thinking 6a is a crapshoot this year. If a non MIC/HCC team were to win, this would be the year. 

Honest question for folks:  Is it parity or mediocrity in your opinion as far as 6A goes?  Can it be both?

4 hours ago, Temptation said:

Honest question for folks:  Is it parity or mediocrity in your opinion as far as 6A goes?  Can it be both?

I think both. The MIC is down this year. Lafayette Jeff, Homestead, and Carroll way up. HCC...............average? Down?

6A does look fairly wide open so far. I do not see anyone else other than Homestead or FW Snider up North that can compete..  id say Homestead or FW Snider are favorites to make it to semi state. Penn or Merrillville I do not think has the chops to make semis this year. 

As far as state it’s nice to finally see that there isn’t a “shoo-in” type favorite for 6A. Could make for some fun games to watch during the playoffs...

12 hours ago, BoomBoomMcGee said:

6A does look fairly wide open so far. I do not see anyone else other than Homestead or FW Snider up North that can compete..  id say Homestead or FW Snider are favorites to make it to semi state. Penn or Merrillville I do not think has the chops to make semis this year. 

As far as state it’s nice to finally see that there isn’t a “shoo-in” type favorite for 6A. Could make for some fun games to watch during the playoffs...

I still think Brownsburg gets Avon come sectionals. Winner of that is still my pick. Seems to be no clear cut favorite this year, and the sagrin ratings second that. Going to be fun November for 6A football.

Edited by FridayNightLights

A year of the toss-ups.  Chance for some non-conventional schools to play on Thanksgiving... 

1A will be nice to see a school from the North not named Central Catholic or Pioneer.

2A may finally see Mater Dei raise the trophy after all of this 21st century success with no titles

3A that West Laf, Chatard, Guerin Catholic and Brebeuf might have the best non-6A talent out of any sectional

4A interests me. Could see a few schools making their first appearances in a very long time, maybe for the very first time in Lucas Oil.

5A has 4 legitimate teams IMO.. New Pal (obviously), Valpo, 4A champs Dwenger, and Cathedral

6A Look out for a Lafayette Jeff run. North 6A could be vulnerable for a non-Penn/Carmel representative

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FridayNightLights said:

I still think Brownsburg gets Avon come sectionals. Winner of that is still my pick. Seems to be no clear cut favorite this year, and the sagrin ratings second that. Going to be fun November for 6A football.

I said early on that the loser of the regular season game would get revenge in the sectional.  I'm still a slight lean that way, but if the game is at Avon I'd say the Orioles get it done.

2 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

There are probably 12-15 schools that could win 6A.  Unpopular opinion, but Ben Davis in 6A is starting to play well.

12-15 is a stretch.  I’ll say 6-8 max which is still exciting.

8.........maybe 9. The maybe is Merrillville. I want to see how they do Friday against Valpo.

Lafayette Jeff isn't on my list. Although I will be rooting for either them or Merrillville if Snider bows out. I think a 2pt win over Lawrence Central and giving up 66 to West Layfayette excludes them from discussion. I hope they prove me wrong. Having a great team coming out of Layfayette is good for 6a. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BTF said:

8.........maybe 9. The maybe is Merrillville. I want to see how they do Friday against Valpo.

Lafayette Jeff isn't on my list. Although I will be rooting for either them or Merrillville if Snider bows out. I think a 2pt win over Lawrence Central and giving up 66 to West Layfayette excludes them from discussion. I hope they prove me wrong. Having a great team coming out of Layfayette is good for 6a. 

Avon

Brownsburg

Carmel

Center Grove

Homestead

Lafayette Jeff

Warren Central

There’s my list.

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Avon

Brownsburg

Carmel

Center Grove

Homestead

Lafayette Jeff

Warren Central

There’s my list.

North Central beat both Center Grove and Carmel the last two weeks. How can they not be on your list? I've also got Snider on my list. They already beat a very good Carroll team and hung tough with Homestead. If they can get by Carroll and Homestead in Sectional 3, then I think they have a shot. 

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

North Central beat both Center Grove and Carmel the last two weeks. How can they not be on your list? I've also got Snider on my list. They already beat a very good Carroll team and hung tough with Homestead. If they can get by Carroll and Homestead in Sectional 3, then I think they have a shot. 

North Central may be the most improved team in 6a.  I just can’t see them going through the Warren, Center Grove, Avon/Brownsburg, north winner gauntlet in 4 consecutive weeks.

They are in my 2nd tier of “could pull 1-2 upsets” but not win the whole thing.  They, Snider, Carroll, Fishers, and Merrillville.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Temptation said:

North Central may be the most improved team in 6a.  I just can’t see them going through the Warren, Center Grove, Avon/Brownsburg, north winner gauntlet in 4 consecutive weeks.

Fair enough.

22 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Avon

Brownsburg

Carmel

Center Grove

Homestead

Lafayette Jeff

Warren Central

There’s my list.

I will note, Homestead may, have to beat Snider another time this season, may be tall order. But 1, Homestead looks capable of doing, 2, Snider usually plays team second time around a bit better. When is the sectional draws by the way?? That will set this statement up better, Carroll is still is definite wild card, they get Homestead at home this week, which may twist this a bit??