Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

And your 2019 state champions are

7 hours ago, Temptation said:

Changing my 6A pick based on information obtained that is not allowed to serve as "breaking news" on here (which I completely understand, I'm just being a jerk).

Just not sure WHO I am changing it to yet...

I know what you’re talking about. Really unfortunate

37 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Cathedral vs New Pal is going to be a classic. Cathedral beats Trinity tonight 28-7. 

After what I saw tonight, I’m not so sure Cathedral and New Pal wouldn’t  be the best two teams in the MIC...

4 minutes ago, Temptation said:

After what I saw tonight, I’m not so sure Cathedral and New Pal wouldn’t  be the best two teams in the MIC...

I whole heartedly agree.. 2 outstanding programs. Cathedral is back to that championship level, and New Pal has been there for a few years. Would be a treat to watch these 2 play. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2019 at 11:32 AM, Temptation said:

Honest question for folks:  Is it parity or mediocrity in your opinion as far as 6A goes?  Can it be both?

Call it a knee jerk reaction if you wish and I’m not writing off the MIC completely but after what I saw tonight, the “M” in MIC stands for mediocrity.

Carmel searching for answers on offense and on their third QB of the season.

Warren looking undisciplined and getting flagged every 3-4 plays and their QB’s throwing accuracy leaving a lot to be desired.

NC not looking overly impressive (let down game?) against an LC team that everyone else has simply run over.

BD looking the best they have all year and Carnell playing D is working out great but still not overly impressive based on how their quality wins look now that Carmel/WC look lost.

CG sweating a home win out over PIKE?

I’ll never discount or discredit the league’s depth as top to bottom its #1 and the gap from 1-8 can be razor thin but after what I witnessed tonight, I think we are setting up for our finest 6A tournament yet.

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Cathedral vs New Pal is going to be a classic. Cathedral beats Trinity tonight 28-7. 

Potential games that will be very interesting if they come to fruition come Tournament time:

Laf. Jeff vs Homestead

Avon vs Brownsburg (Rd 2)

Col East vs Center Grove

Valparaiso vs F.W. Dwenger

Cathedral vs New Palestine

Marion vs Delta

Mooresville vs East Central

Chatard vs West Lafayette

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

Potential games that will be very interesting if they come to fruition come Tournament time:

Laf. Jeff vs Homestead

Avon vs Brownsburg (Rd 2)

Col East vs Center Grove

Valparaiso vs F.W. Dwenger

Cathedral vs New Palestine

Marion vs Delta

Mooresville vs East Central

Chatard vs West Lafayette

Would like to see LCC - South Adams and the possible subsequent game, LCC - Indy Lutheran.

16 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

No way.  They wont even get out of sectional.   Plymouth will pass all over them all night long.   They beat a bad Penn.  And I mean bad.     

NP beat Mishawaka by one.  Mishawaka lost to East Noble by 5.  East Noble beat Plymouth by 3.  Plymouth could beat New Prairie, but I highly doubt they will "pass all over them all night long."  It should be a good game. 

Sure it's a Penn team that isn't up to Penn standards, but that's like saying "Oh, well Trine beat a a bad Notre Dame team.."....still shouldn't happen and when it does it's a nice win for the underdog school

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeTyson15 said:

NP beat Mishawaka by one.  Mishawaka lost to East Noble by 5.  East Noble beat Plymouth by 3.  Plymouth could beat New Prairie, but I highly doubt they will "pass all over them all night long."  It should be a good game. 

Sure it's a Penn team that isn't up to Penn standards, but that's like saying "Oh, well Trine beat a a bad Notre Dame team.."....still shouldn't happen and when it does it's a nice win for the underdog school

That's really good that you know math but question.   How good is new prairie at defending pass?  Plymouth will pass all over them.   New prairie has played NO ONE close to what Plymouth does.   

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

That's really good that you know math but question.   How good is new prairie at defending pass?  Plymouth will pass all over them.   New prairie has played NO ONE close to what Plymouth does.   

I'm quite the savant.  New Prairie historically hasn't done great at defending the pass is what I've been hearing.  Luckily, New Prairie will get to play offense...That being said, I'm sure the staff will get the Cougars ready and it will be quite the game.  

Your posts come off as if you're jealous your team didn't pick up a big win on Friday?  I guess I'm not the type of person who would ever discredit another team by saying "Well they beat a bad Penn team.  And I mean BAD."  Seems like that's taking credit away from a nice accomplishment.  If they'd beat a 6a team that was historically bad then we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:57 AM, RedwoodCowTippers said:

6A: North Central over Lafayette Jeff, 35-31

5A: Michigan City over New Pal, 28-24

4A: Marian over Evansville Central, 21-14

3A:  Chatard over Gibson Southern, 42-19

2A: Western Boone over Luers,  27-14

1A: Adams Central over Parke Heritage, 28-20

My revised picks as the season has unfolded are as the following

6A: Avon over Warsaw, 42-24

- I'm still in love with the local giant Lafayette Jeff, but I don't see them getting past a good Warsaw team. Avon is playing some of the best football in 6A right now, will be a tough out for anyone

5A: Valpo over New Pal, 35-31

- I flipped a coin between New Pal and Cathedral. New Pal won best 3 out of 5. Valpo seems to be the best team in 5A, and will beat any and all takers

4A: Marian over East Central, 24-14

- I honestly think Marian is the best team in 4A, will think that until a team beats them in the post season

3A: Chatard over Brownstown Central, 41-21

- I just want to see May make it to the Oil Can, and Brownstown seems to have the team to get it done

2A: Eastbrook over Linton Stockton, 21-20

- Linton might be a reach, but I like what they are doing. I want to see all the hard work Adamson has put into his career at Eastbrook come to fruition, and what better season to do it then when nobody is picking you?

1A: Lutheran over Southwood, 28-22

- 4 straight trips to semi-state should finally get this Lutheran team over the hump. Southwood seems to be a dark horse, and might be the North's best chance at beating South Adams for a spot in the Oil Can

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MikeTyson15 said:

I'm quite the savant.  New Prairie historically hasn't done great at defending the pass is what I've been hearing.  Luckily, New Prairie will get to play offense...That being said, I'm sure the staff will get the Cougars ready and it will be quite the game.  

Your posts come off as if you're jealous your team didn't pick up a big win on Friday?  I guess I'm not the type of person who would ever discredit another team by saying "Well they beat a bad Penn team.  And I mean BAD."  Seems like that's taking credit away from a nice accomplishment.  If they'd beat a 6a team that was historically bad then we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

This same stuff was about a high powered passing offense was said a few years ago by some chesty Plymouth fans and NP left Plymouth with a Sectional Title. Nobody from the NLC is going to dominate a good Radtke team in the playoffs, especially if he’s burning up clock with the wishbone.

His comment about Penn being bad is laughable. The list of NLC teams capable of beating Mishawaka and Penn in the same year is slim to none. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

- I'm still in love with the local giant Lafayette Jeff, but I don't see them getting past a good Warsaw team. Avon is playing some of the best football in 6A right now, will be a tough out for anyone

- I flipped a coin between New Pal and Cathedral. New Pal won best 3 out of 5. Valpo seems to be the best team in 5A, and will beat any and all takers

- I honestly think Marian is the best team in 4A, will think that until a team beats them in the post season

- I just want to see May make it to the Oil Can, and Brownstown seems to have the team to get it done

- Linton might be a reach, but I like what they are doing. I want to see all the hard work Adamson has put into his career at Eastbrook come to fruition, and what better season to do it then when nobody is picking you?

- 4 straight trips to semi-state should finally get this Lutheran team over the hump. Southwood seems to be a dark horse, and might be the North's best chance at beating South Adams for a spot in the Oil Can

Is Jeff’s QB healthy, heard it mentioned on the Carmel/BD broadcast the other night that he didn’t play Friday?

4 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Is Jeff’s QB healthy, heard it mentioned on the Carmel/BD broadcast the other night that he didn’t play Friday?

Didn't hear why he didn't play, but you are correct, he didn't. what I do know is his backup did what he was suppose to do, which was take it to Richmond. So if he is in fact hurt, Jeff might be just fine in his absence.

18 minutes ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

Appreciate your faith in Linton.  Sectional 40 is always tough and the winner usually makes a deep run.  It's going to be another tough year even without Southridge (moved to 3A).   Mater Dei is still strong and I believe (at the moment) it is their sectional to lose.  I'm hoping for a good draw and see Linton and Mater Dei in opposite sides of the bracket.  Would be a great atmosphere to see those 2 in the sectional final whether it's at Linton or in Evansville.  Look for the sectional 40 winner to at least get to semi-state if not at the Oil Can again this year.

13 minutes ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

Didn't hear why he didn't play, but you are correct, he didn't. what I do know is his backup did what he was suppose to do, which was take it to Richmond. So if he is in fact hurt, Jeff might be just fine in his absence.

“Fine” against Richmond?  Sure.

Merrillville, Warsaw, Homestead, Carmel?

No way.

1 minute ago, Olympian06 said:

6A - Avon 

5A - Cathedral/New Pal

4A - East Central

3A - Chatard

2A - Have no clue

1A - Def have no clue 

Weak.