Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

And your 2019 state champions are

34 minutes ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

My revised picks as the season has unfolded are as the following

6A: Avon over Warsaw, 42-24

- I'm still in love with the local giant Lafayette Jeff, but I don't see them getting past a good Warsaw team. Avon is playing some of the best football in 6A right now, will be a tough out for anyone

5A: Valpo over New Pal, 35-31

- I flipped a coin between New Pal and Cathedral. New Pal won best 3 out of 5. Valpo seems to be the best team in 5A, and will beat any and all takers

4A: Marian over East Central, 24-14

- I honestly think Marian is the best team in 4A, will think that until a team beats them in the post season

3A: Chatard over Brownstown Central, 41-21

- I just want to see May make it to the Oil Can, and Brownstown seems to have the team to get it done

2A: Eastbrook over Linton Stockton, 21-20

- Linton might be a reach, but I like what they are doing. I want to see all the hard work Adamson has put into his career at Eastbrook come to fruition, and what better season to do it then when nobody is picking you?

1A: Lutheran over Southwood, 28-22

- 4 straight trips to semi-state should finally get this Lutheran team over the hump. Southwood seems to be a dark horse, and might be the North's best chance at beating South Adams for a spot in the Oil Can

Marian is a 3A school.

Marion is a 4A school.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

My revised picks as the season has unfolded are as the following

6A: Avon over Warsaw, 42-24

- I'm still in love with the local giant Lafayette Jeff, but I don't see them getting past a good Warsaw team. Avon is playing some of the best football in 6A right now, will be a tough out for anyone

5A: Valpo over New Pal, 35-31

- I flipped a coin between New Pal and Cathedral. New Pal won best 3 out of 5. Valpo seems to be the best team in 5A, and will beat any and all takers

4A: Marian over East Central, 24-14

- I honestly think Marian is the best team in 4A, will think that until a team beats them in the post season

3A: Chatard over Brownstown Central, 41-21

- I just want to see May make it to the Oil Can, and Brownstown seems to have the team to get it done

2A: Eastbrook over Linton Stockton, 21-20

- Linton might be a reach, but I like what they are doing. I want to see all the hard work Adamson has put into his career at Eastbrook come to fruition, and what better season to do it then when nobody is picking you?

1A: Lutheran over Southwood, 28-22

- 4 straight trips to semi-state should finally get this Lutheran team over the hump. Southwood seems to be a dark horse, and might be the North's best chance at beating South Adams for a spot in the Oil Can

You’re out of your mind if you think Warsaw is beating Jeff.. I don’t see them having any trouble until they get to regionals where Homestead or Carmel will likely be waiting. Jeff has 2 D1 dlineman, WR committed to Army with a stud QB and RB. Jeff’s QB is only supposed to be out 2 weeks. People forget Jeff was up 14-0 on carmel last year before they kind of fell apart. This team is much better than last years 

6 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

You’re out of your mind if you think Warsaw is beating Jeff.. I don’t see them having any trouble until they get to regionals where Homestead or Carmel will likely be waiting. Jeff has 2 D1 dlineman, WR committed to Army with a stud QB and RB. Jeff’s QB is only supposed to be out 2 weeks. People forget Jeff was up 14-0 on carmel last year before they kind of fell apart. This team is much better than last years 

Semi state not regionals 

1 minute ago, Justasportsfan said:

You were right..jeff would play homestead at the regional level..carmel n Jeff aren't in the same sectional?

They would actually meet in semi state if both were to make it this year. Jeff is in sectional 1, homestead in sectional 3 and Carmel in sectional 4

40 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

WR committed to ARMY?  Hope he knows how to run block...😬

36 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

I hope you are right on all accounts, I really do. I hope Jeff makes it to the Oil Can and makes me eat my original post. I like what they are doing at Jeff. That staff is building a respectable program made up of respectable leaders and respectable young men. I hope in the near future I see them playing after Thanksgiving.

Do you know exactly what happened to their QB?

4 minutes ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

I hope you are right on all accounts, I really do. I hope Jeff makes it to the Oil Can and makes me eat my original post. I like what they are doing at Jeff. That staff is building a respectable program made up of respectable leaders and respectable young men. I hope in the near future I see them playing after Thanksgiving.

Do you know exactly what happened to their QB?

Just a bruised knee from what I read on J&C. Probably just holding him out to be safe. The backup QB starts at TE but he is solid too. Threw for 370 yards last game

1 hour ago, Bears62 said:

You’re out of your mind if you think Warsaw is beating Jeff.. I don’t see them having any trouble until they get to regionals where Homestead or Carmel will likely be waiting. 

Yikes, Merrillville, a team with size and speed, has no shot against Jeff? Don’t overlook Crown Point in Sectional 1 either. They have a knack for lulling teams to sleep in 20-14 type games and finding ways to win. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Yikes, Merrillville, a team with size and speed, has no shot against Jeff? Don’t overlook Crown Point in Sectional 1 either. They have a knack for lulling teams to sleep in 20-14 type games and finding ways to win. 

Crown Point just beat 1-6 Laporte 21-10 they are not a threat. Merrillville will be a challenge but we will just have to wait and see

57 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

Crown Point just beat 1-6 Laporte 21-10 they are not a threat. Merrillville will be a challenge but we will just have to wait and see

Margin victory is a meaningless data point when you historically win off of defense and not a high scoring offense. On paper CP is easily a double digit underdog. Just saying don’t be surprised if they played Jeff and the Bulldog D forced Jeff to play Crown Point’s game. 

4 hours ago, Boilernation said:

This same stuff was about a high powered passing offense was said a few years ago by some chesty Plymouth fans and NP left Plymouth with a Sectional Title. Nobody from the NLC is going to dominate a good Radtke team in the playoffs, especially if he’s burning up clock with the wishbone.

His comment about Penn being bad is laughable. The list of NLC teams capable of beating Mishawaka and Penn in the same year is slim to none. 

I've been a new prairie fan for 40 years!!!!    I'm saying new prairie hasn't came close to playing a team to what Plymouth does.   And that's a fact!!!!!   Baron is one of best QBs in state.    When I read people saying new prairie is winning state I'm just hoping they get out of sectional.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Margin victory is a meaningless data point when you historically win off of defense and not a high scoring offense. On paper CP is easily a double digit underdog. Just saying don’t be surprised if they played Jeff and the Bulldog D forced Jeff to play Crown Point’s game. 

Jeff will hang 45 on them and call it a night. Highest scoring 6a team by 14 points. And yes I know their schedule isn’t as tough as a lot of 6a but their starters haven’t played a second past halftime in the last 3 games.

1 hour ago, Bears62 said:

Jeff will hang 45 on them and call it a night. Highest scoring 6a team by 14 points. And yes I know their schedule isn’t as tough as a lot of 6a but their starters haven’t played a second past halftime in the last 3 games.

Good to see Jeff doing well. They still run a spread.? Vaguely remember Dustin Keller n Valhrageorge (sp) leading the state in passing/receiving while lighting up scoreboards..

19 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

I would like to see....

Lafayette Jeff

Cathedral

Marion

West Lafayette

Cass

Lafayette Central Catholic

🤭

Would be a nice appearance for the Twin Cities.  LCC and West Lafayette split blue/red rings, respectively, back in 2015.  LCC and West Lafayette last appeared and both took home blue rings in 2009.  It'd be nice to see a triple sweep this year. 

Edit: And it would also be three from the Hoosier Conference too ... LCC, Cass, and West Lafayette.

Edited by foxbat
  • Like 1

I certainly think Plymouth has a quality team and it’s quite possible whoever comes out of that sectional should win the regional as well.  If you are trying to say that NP hasn’t seen an offense like Plymouth yet this year, I would say that cuts both ways.  Plymouth hasn’t seen an offense like NP either.  Baron does seem like a quality QB.  In case you haven’t been paying attention NP has a kid at QB who can play just a little bit too.

i haven’t watched the Plymouth/Concord game yet, but I didn’t think they were overly impressive against Northridge.  If you turn the ball over to NP 5 times like Northridge did in that game NP will score well over 35 pts.

Also, seems like NP moves some of their offensive guys to defense once and a while if/when necessary.

5 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

I've been a new prairie fan for 40 years!!!!    I'm saying new prairie hasn't came close to playing a team to what Plymouth does.   And that's a fact!!!!!   Baron is one of best QBs in state.    When I read people saying new prairie is winning state I'm just hoping they get out of sectional.   

I certainly think Plymouth has a quality team and it’s quite possible whoever comes out of that sectional should win the regional as well.  If you are trying to say that NP hasn’t seen an offense like Plymouth yet this year, I would say that cuts both ways.  Plymouth hasn’t seen an offense like NP either.  Baron does seem like a quality QB.  In case you haven’t been paying attention NP has a kid at QB who can play just a little bit too.

i haven’t watched the Plymouth/Concord game yet, but I didn’t think they were overly impressive against Northridge.  If you turn the ball over to NP 5 times like Northridge did in that game NP will score well over 35 pts.

Also, seems like NP moves some of their offensive guys to defense once and a while if/when necessary.

My updated picks after week 7:

Class 6A:  Avon over Homestead

Class 5A:  New Palestine over Valparaiso

Class 4A:  Evansville Central over New Prairie

Class 3A:  Chatard over Heritage Hills

Class 2A:  Western Boone over Cass

Class 1A:  South Adams over Lutheran

I think 4A is the toughest class to pick and the most wide open class.  There’s about 9 teams that have a legit shot at winning class 4A.

Edited by LC_Bears_04

12 hours ago, foxbat said:

Would be a nice appearance for the Twin Cities.  LCC and West Lafayette split blue/red rings, respectively, back in 2015.  LCC and West Lafayette last appeared and both took home blue rings in 2009.  It'd be nice to see a triple sweep this year. 

Edit: And it would also be three from the Hoosier Conference too ... LCC, Cass, and West Lafayette.

Great to be included in the converstaion, but we need to get better in many areas to be even in the conversation.