Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

And your 2019 state champions are

10 hours ago, NPFan said:

I certainly think Plymouth has a quality team and it’s quite possible whoever comes out of that sectional should win the regional as well.  If you are trying to say that NP hasn’t seen an offense like Plymouth yet this year, I would say that cuts both ways.  Plymouth hasn’t seen an offense like NP either.  Baron does seem like a quality QB.  In case you haven’t been paying attention NP has a kid at QB who can play just a little bit too.

i haven’t watched the Plymouth/Concord game yet, but I didn’t think they were overly impressive against Northridge.  If you turn the ball over to NP 5 times like Northridge did in that game NP will score well over 35 pts.

Also, seems like NP moves some of their offensive guys to defense once and a while if/when necessary.

I mean, the NP offense is good, but it’s kinda a mesh between Concord and Northridge, and we already know how those turned out...

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 11:19 AM, RedwoodCowTippers said:

My revised picks as the season has unfolded are as the following

6A: Avon over Warsaw, 42-24

- I'm still in love with the local giant Lafayette Jeff, but I don't see them getting past a good Warsaw team. Avon is playing some of the best football in 6A right now, will be a tough out for anyone

5A: Valpo over New Pal, 35-31

- I flipped a coin between New Pal and Cathedral. New Pal won best 3 out of 5. Valpo seems to be the best team in 5A, and will beat any and all takers

4A: Marian over East Central, 24-14

- I honestly think Marian is the best team in 4A, will think that until a team beats them in the post season

3A: Chatard over Brownstown Central, 41-21

- I just want to see May make it to the Oil Can, and Brownstown seems to have the team to get it done

2A: Eastbrook over Linton Stockton, 21-20

- Linton might be a reach, but I like what they are doing. I want to see all the hard work Adamson has put into his career at Eastbrook come to fruition, and what better season to do it then when nobody is picking you?

1A: Lutheran over Southwood, 28-22

- 4 straight trips to semi-state should finally get this Lutheran team over the hump. Southwood seems to be a dark horse, and might be the North's best chance at beating South Adams for a spot in the Oil Can

Does this mean that if Plymouth was in 6A, they make it to state??

Everyone in 1A Northeast region for Southwood, AC, & Busco not to face each other until Rd2 and Sectional finals. Also for Monroe Central to play SA in that sectional final. Then most likely SA playing the survivor of Southwood, AC, & Busco for a shot with LCC (from what I read here). Sectional 43-1. SA & 2 Monroe Central. Sectional 44-1. Southwood, 2. AC, and 3. Busco. Still think this will be SA's year to claim the crown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captainobvious said:

I don’t see Luers coming out of the north in 2A.

Having seen luers play..they might make a run if everyone is healthy..2019 will be a year that questions logic..im still nervous to bet against a mic 6a champ although if it were to happen this would be the year..luers does not play any 2a schools until post season..if they can replicate teams from the past is tbd..

7 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

1a. 

Lutheran and LCC

2a 

WeBo and Luers

3a

West Laf and Heritage Hills

4a

New Prairie and East Central

5a

new pal and valpo

6a

Avon and Snider

The road for the 2A North representative will probably go through state road 35, which goes through both Walton and Royal Center. 

8 hours ago, Roadwarrior75 said:

People are sleeping on Lafayette Jeff... D1 in every position group. If their QB is healthy, their offensive schemes and talent will toast the North.

Define "toast." Just the offense or the overall score?

7 minutes ago, Bison04 said:

Jeffs schedule causes me concern for them to make a deep tournament run. This has been an issue for them for years 

Agree completely but if any year is the year, THIS is it.

On 10/9/2019 at 12:44 AM, AG said:

The road for the 2A North representative will probably go through state road 35, which goes through both Walton and Royal Center. 

Really? I think Eastbrook, Webo, Andrean, Rennsy Central, etc would say otherwise. Those programs are staples in 2A and always a tough out. To say the North rep will go through Royal Central and Walton is pretty arrogant. Just my opinion...

38 minutes ago, LCKfan4life said:

Really? I think Eastbrook, Webo, Andrean, Rennsy Central, etc would say otherwise. Those programs are staples in 2A and always a tough out. To say the North rep will go through Royal Central and Walton is pretty arrogant. Just my opinion...

Good opinion, anything can happen.  It’s why the games are played.  Boone Grove and North Newton could also surprise...

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Bison04 said:

Jeffs schedule causes me concern for them to make a deep tournament run. This has been an issue for them for years 

Agree, they need a big time opponent or two in the regular season. They used to schedule with Snider, but the SAC is an island conference again.

2 hours ago, LCKfan4life said:

Western Boone goes south but there is still no shortage of teams in the north that could give Cass/Pioneer a game.  Eastbrook hasn't lost to a 2A or lower team all season.  Boone Grove hasn't lost all season at all.  Andrean's 3 losses are to 4A and 6A opponents.  Rensselaer Central will not be an easy out either.  Finally, I never discount Luers at the 2A level either no matter what their record is.  

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 12:44 AM, AG said:

If you know you know

12 hours ago, Bison04 said:

I know their only 3A but WL ain't a bad first game

23 hours ago, Roadwarrior75 said:

People are sleeping on Lafayette Jeff... D1 in every position group. If their QB is healthy, their offensive schemes and talent will toast the North.

Pump your breaks on Lafayette Jeff. I don't think they will make it out of their sectional. They are just OK. If we played again I think we would win by 2 touchdowns. They barely beat us and we had players out because of injury. One of our fastest players is back now and I don't think their defense could stop our Offense. There is no way they beat a balanced Merrillville team.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, LCKfan4life said:

You're misinterpreting. This implies that one of those teams will make a deep run. Even if Webo or Eastbrook beats Cass or Pioneer, the road still technically goes through one of those towns. 

Sagarin also has Cass and Pioneer as the #1 and #2 ranked teams. 

3 hours ago, AG said:

You're misinterpreting. This implies that one of those teams will make a deep run. Even if Webo or Eastbrook beats Cass or Pioneer, the road still technically goes through one of those towns. 

Sagarin also has Cass and Pioneer as the #1 and #2 ranked teams. 

Sagarin also has Mississinewa higher than Eastbrook.  Eastbrook pretty much dominated Mississinewa in that game.  I just don’t think Sagarin is the gospel.  I just think Eastbrook is going to be a tough out this season.  

• Like 3