Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

And your 2019 state champions are

14 hours ago, Staxawax said:

So you're counting WeBo out?  They are near Indy, defending 2A champs, and have lost once.  

Silly me. I used real geography instead of IHSAA geography. I assumed WeBo was in the north.

I think the Mater Dei/Linton winner will play WeBo at semi state. And that winner will be at LOS (Thanks, Captain Obvious)

43 minutes ago, Magic 8 Ball said:

Mooresville has a tough road through the EIAC in Sectional 23.  Opening with a. I have improved SOuth Dearborn team and most likely facing the number 2 team in the state in East Central.

Fortunate for Mooresville they are in the Mid-State conference with some pretty darn good teams. We will see if it has battle tested them and prepared them well. If it comes to Mooresville vs East Central should be a great game.

If both East Central and Mooresville make it to the Sectional Championship, the Trojans will have to travel to the Pioneers.

Edited by FastpacedO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Magic 8 Ball said:

Mooresville has a tough road through the EIAC in Sectional 23.  Opening with a. I have improved SOuth Dearborn team and most likely facing the number 2 team in the state in East Central.

They'll get to play EC at home which is what I think makes the difference. I think the winner of those 2 has the path to state though

Literally commented this above as you edited your post Fastpaced. Didn't mean to reiterate that point

Edited by FridayNightLights

3 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

They'll get to play EC at home which is what I think makes the difference. I think the winner of those 2 has the path to state though

Still have Evansville Memorial possibly at Regional level. Possible Semi-State could be Roncalli whome obviously is much improved after they win over Guerin Friday night.

6 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Still have Evansville Memorial possibly at Regional level. Possible Semi-State could be Roncalli whome obviously is much improved after they win over Guerin Friday night.

I think Central wins over Memorial again. Central has unbelievable athletes all over the field. Still not a believer of Roncalli...although they will basically get a free pass to a semi state....i guess that's why we don't crown a champ now and we see how it plays out. 4A and 6A are going to be unpredictable. I think everyone is waiting to see the big regional matchup for 5A

Edited by FridayNightLights

3 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

I think Central wins over Memorial again. Central has unbelievable athletes all over the field and will also get a home game vs Memorial in the sectional championship. Still not a believer of Roncalli...although they will basically get a free pass to a semi state....i guess that's why we don't crown a champ now and we see how it plays out. 4A and 6A are going to be unpredictable. I think everyone is waiting to see the big regional matchup for 5A

Absolutely agree with that statement. I'm just suggesting possible teams that could pose problems for Mooresville or East Central got to that point.

The Central Memorial game was at Central in regular season was a 23-20 OT win for Central. I guess I was just thinking maybe Memorial would be extra motivated. Both will be tough outs in the tournament (Memorial and Central).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

Fortunate for Mooresville they are in the Mid-State conference with some pretty darn good teams. We will see if it has battle tested them and prepared them well. If it comes to Mooresville vs East Central should be a great game.

If both East Central and Mooresville make it to the Sectional Championship, the Trojans will have to travel to the Pioneers.

The biggest question for me is always can the EIAC defend the pass.  I haven't seen much on Mooresville this year but I'm sure Coach Gillin has the Pioneers slinging it around.

That is what the 23 vs 24 matchup always came down to over the years.  Evansville Central was able to hit a few passes over the top last year to beat EC.  In 2017, Ev Central was more of a ground oriented team, which was easily handled.  

In 3A, Lawrenceburg knocked off Danville in 2016, but struggled against Ev Memorial in 2017.

3 hours ago, Magic 8 Ball said:

If Mooresville dont beat South Dearborn improved or not by 35 it will be DISHEARTENING!! East Central will be a heck of a game!

50 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

The biggest question for me is always can the EIAC defend the pass.  I haven't seen much on Mooresville this year but I'm sure Coach Gillin has the Pioneers slinging it around.

That is what the 23 vs 24 matchup always came down to over the years.  Evansville Central was able to hit a few passes over the top last year to beat EC.  In 2017, Ev Central was more of a ground oriented team, which was easily handled.  

In 3A, Lawrenceburg knocked off Danville in 2016, but struggled against Ev Memorial in 2017.

Having watched a couple Mooresville webcasted games and looking at the stats, the Pioneers appear to be balanced. Maybe a little more run than pass. Coach Gillin is an excellent Coach and they seem to take what the defense is giving them.

1,401 yds passing 17 TD's

1,927 yds rushing 26 TD's

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

Having watched a couple Mooresville webcasted games and looking at the stats, the Pioneers appear to be balanced. Maybe a little more run than pass. Coach Gillin is an excellent Coach and they seem to take what the defense is giving them.

1,401 yds passing 17 TD's

1,927 yds rushing 26 TD's

Against Martinsville a couple a weeks ago when it was raining Gillin threw a career low 2 times in the game and both were completed one for a touchdown and ran for 348 yards.

My "Official" Picks:

6A:  Center Grove over Homestead

5A:  New Palestine over Valparaiso

4A:  New Prairie over Mooresville

3A:  Chatard over Heritage Hills

2A:  Western Boone over Eastbrook

1A:  South Adams over Lutheran

On 10/21/2019 at 11:48 AM, FastpacedO said:

Absolutely agree with that statement. I'm just suggesting possible teams that could pose problems for Mooresville or East Central got to that point.

The Central Memorial game was at Central in regular season was a 23-20 OT win for Central. I guess I was just thinking maybe Memorial would be extra motivated. Both will be tough outs in the tournament (Memorial and Central).

As in attendance in that game, we didn't play well at all in the first half, but stopped them scoring in 2nd half. Overall our offense was struggling to move down the chains for most of the game, up until a late score in the 4Q tying the game. The defense gave up a 70 yard TD(PAT was blocked) in the first 2 minutes of the game, which really hurt us. But our defense did stepped up in the 2nd half keeping them from scoring. I believe we sacked their QB around 4 times, and almost had an pick 6 before we fumbled it in Central's 20 yard line. We did have a starting LB who was out and a few others. Central ended up being the better team that night, which I can respect it. It will be an interesting rematch in the sectional final game, as my tigers are planning their revenge! Good luck to everyone in the state finals! 

One final change, lol...

My "Official" Picks:

6A:  Brownsburg  over Homestead

5A:  New Palestine over Valparaiso

4A:  New Prairie over Mooresville

3A:  Chatard over Heritage Hills

2A:  Western Boone over Eastbrook

1A:  South Adams over Lutheran

On 10/21/2019 at 11:48 AM, FastpacedO said:

2 OT and memorial had 6 turnovers. Hopefully both make it to week 12. 

On 10/21/2019 at 3:03 PM, Mopi11 said:

If Mooresville dont beat South Dearborn improved or not by 35 it will be DISHEARTENING!! East Central will be a heck of a game!

Well, they put up their 35 but gave up 15 to the SD high powered offense.  Now to Martinsville...we will see if they can beat them again in post season.

• 2 weeks later...