Jump to content
Rodney

And your 2019 state champions are

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I will note, Homestead may, have to beat Snider another time this season, may be tall order. But 1, Homestead looks capable of doing, 2, Snider usually plays team second time around a bit better. When is the sectional draws by the way?? That will set this statement up better, Carroll is still is definite wild card, they get Homestead at home this week, which may twist this a bit??

10/13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BTF said:

8.........maybe 9. The maybe is Merrillville. I want to see how they do Friday against Valpo.

Lafayette Jeff isn't on my list. Although I will be rooting for either them or Merrillville if Snider bows out. I think a 2pt win over Lawrence Central and giving up 66 to West Layfayette excludes them from discussion. I hope they prove me wrong. Having a great team coming out of Layfayette is good for 6a. 

Beating Lawrence Central and the 3a number 1 team is a bad thing now? I want to know what you have seen from Merrillville that makes you think they are a better team than Jeff. Merrillville going to OT with Crown Point is a worse showing than anything Jeff has shown this season. They are bound to meet in sectionals and we will have an answer but I’m pretty confident Jeff is the more talented team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I’m a bit biased but how is nobody talking about Cass in 2A? I have yet to see anybody mention them to rep the North. I see people mention Pioneer (who already lost to Cass) and Western Boone (who lost to a Western team Cass just beat). Like I said, I know I’m biased but they have got talent all over the field, and are currently undefeated but nobody mentions them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kingfan__56 said:

I know I’m a bit biased but how is nobody talking about Cass in 2A? I have yet to see anybody mention them to rep the North. I see people mention Pioneer (who already lost to Cass) and Western Boone (who lost to a Western team Cass just beat). Like I said, I know I’m biased but they have got talent all over the field, and are currently undefeated but nobody mentions them.

Pioneer vs Lewis Cass Round 2 will be a war!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kingfan__56 said:

I know I’m a bit biased but how is nobody talking about Cass in 2A? I have yet to see anybody mention them to rep the North. I see people mention Pioneer (who already lost to Cass) and Western Boone (who lost to a Western team Cass just beat). Like I said, I know I’m biased but they have got talent all over the field, and are currently undefeated but nobody mentions them.

Absolutely Lewis Cass should be mentioned in the 2A discussion BUT they will have to beat Pioneer a second time in their sectional and that will be a very tall order to do...I’m thinking there will be quite a few Cass fans pulling for them to beat Pioneer a second time (you know...new blood in Indy) if they end up playing each other again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

Beating Lawrence Central and the 3a number 1 team is a bad thing now? I want to know what you have seen from Merrillville that makes you think they are a better team than Jeff. Merrillville going to OT with Crown Point is a worse showing than anything Jeff has shown this season. They are bound to meet in sectionals and we will have an answer but I’m pretty confident Jeff is the more talented team

I can't argue with Merrillville's win over Crown Point...................nothing overly impressive. There is a reason I left them out for now. But if they beat Valpo this Friday, that will trump anything Jeff has done to date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BTF said:

Pioneer vs Lewis Cass Round 2 will be a war!

No doubt it will be. Two teams who don’t like each other and will be playing for ending the others season. Two strong senior classes with both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BoomBoomMcGee said:

Absolutely Lewis Cass should be mentioned in the 2A discussion BUT they will have to beat Pioneer a second time in their sectional and that will be a very tall order to do...I’m thinking there will be quite a few Cass fans pulling for them to beat Pioneer a second time (you know...new blood in Indy) if they end up playing each other again...

I completely agree. I think it will be a great matchup if they face each other in sectionals. Both teams have improved as the season has gone on, but I feel Cass may have the edge with their strength of schedule preparing them for sectionals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

Beating Lawrence Central and the 3a number 1 team is a bad thing now? 

I think giving up 66 points to the 3a number 1 is a bad thing. Defense (normally) wins championships. 

I don't think beating Lawrence Central is a bad thing, but they only beat them by 2. Not near as impressive as WC and CG's victories over LC. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Temptation said:

10/13

I believe you are referring to the Charger/Spartan game, could be a good one?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BTF said:

Pioneer vs Lewis Cass Round 2 will be a war!

Cass will face West Lafayette this Friday and likely going to get West Lafayette first in the Hoosier Conference crossover game in Week 9.  Provided that they can come out without injuries, they should be fairly honed entering the 2A post-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I believe you are referring to the Charger/Spartan game, could be a good one?? 

No, it was asked when the sectional draw was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BTF said:

I think giving up 66 points to the 3a number 1 is a bad thing. Defense (normally) wins championships. 

I don't think beating Lawrence Central is a bad thing, but they only beat them by 2. Not near as impressive as WC and CG's victories over LC. 

I agree, I don't think Lafayette Jeff has played much of a schedule. They and Merrillville are lowest ranked unbeaten teams in 6A per Sagarin. Yes, how we love those now, right??

6 minutes ago, Temptation said:

No, it was asked when the sectional draw was.

OK, thanks. Good info, sorry. date for game wrong as well, this weekend, not next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kingfan__56 said:

I know I’m a bit biased but how is nobody talking about Cass in 2A? I have yet to see anybody mention them to rep the North. I see people mention Pioneer (who already lost to Cass) and Western Boone (who lost to a Western team Cass just beat). Like I said, I know I’m biased but they have got talent all over the field, and are currently undefeated but nobody mentions them.

ITS A CORNFIELD THING...

Cass doesn't have a State Championship, and Cass sees more Tractors than Automobiles on the Highways. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Kingfan__56 said:

I know I’m a bit biased but how is nobody talking about Cass in 2A? I have yet to see anybody mention them to rep the North. I see people mention Pioneer (who already lost to Cass) and Western Boone (who lost to a Western team Cass just beat). Like I said, I know I’m biased but they have got talent all over the field, and are currently undefeated but nobody mentions them.

Aren't they #1 in both polls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, psaboy said:

I agree, I don't think Lafayette Jeff has played much of a schedule. They and Merrillville are lowest ranked unbeaten teams in 6A per Sagarin. Yes, how we love those now, right??

I've always believed those rankings to be spot on 😀

Seriously though, it wouldn't totally shock me if the SAC had 3 of the top 6 teams in the state. This is about as strong as I've seen the SAC in recent memory. Couple that with the MIC being down and I suppose it's possible. I wouldn't bet on it though. I can't wait for the playoffs. The playoffs normally answer all our questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, XStar said:

Aren't they #1 in both polls?

I believe that KINGFAN is talking chatter on here. Unless, he is clueless to the polls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheWaterBoii said:

I believe that KINGFAN is talking chatter on here. Unless, he is clueless to the polls.

I understand they are number 1 in polls, I meant in the chat in here. Everyone is hyping up Pioneer (who lost to Cass) and Western Boone (who lost to Western, which CASS just beat). Yet nobody mentions Cass in 2A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kingfan__56 said:

I understand they are number 1 in polls, I meant in the chat in here. Everyone is hyping up Pioneer (who lost to Cass) and Western Boone (who lost to Western, which CASS just beat). Yet nobody mentions Cass in 2A.

TH

Anything can happen on Friday Nights. Everyone on the digest states their opinions. Everyone knows the KINGS are talented and has weapons. Who cares about the talk. They are number 1 in the polls, and I'm not worried about state championship predictions. I'm worried about this Friday Night. One week at a time my friend.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6A- Carmel 

5A- New Pal 

4A- Evansville Memorial 

3A- WL

2A- Evansville Mater Dei

1A-  INDY LUTH 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, tango said:

Pump the brakes Tiger391...

No doubt

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changing my 6A pick based on information obtained that is not allowed to serve as "breaking news" on here (which I completely understand, I'm just being a jerk).

Just not sure WHO I am changing it to yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6a. Homestead

5a. Dwenger

4a. Mooresville 

3a. Chatard

2a. Mater dei

1a. Myself

 

Final draft of my picks to win.

  • Like 2
  • Disdain 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Changing my 6A pick based on information obtained that is not allowed to serve as "breaking news" on here (which I completely understand, I'm just being a jerk).

Just not sure WHO I am changing it to yet...

Image result for bart scott can't wait gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...