Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cross Country Travel - Is this a good idea?

Guest DT

Check out some of the cross country matchups in below story.

Well heeled alumni are likely footing the bill for these expensive road trips.

Nonetheless - is a good idea?

For an opening night, this slate of games will be as good as any for the rest of the season. Eleven ranked teams are featured and four games include Top 25 matchups. 

St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) travels to the West Coast to play De La Salle (Concord, Calif.) in our game of the week. The last time these two played was in 2011 and Joey Bosa led the Raiders to a dominant 30-6 win. 

The three other Top 25 games feature No. 1 Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) hosting No. 12 Corona Centennial (Corona, Calif.), No. 2 St. Frances Academy (Baltimore) traveling to South Florida to face No. 9 Miami Central (Miami) and No. 21 DeMatha (Hyattsville, Md.) heads to Southern California in a big-time matchup vs. No. 3 St. John Bosco (Bellflower, Calif.). 

I always wonder how hard it is for a high school program to pack and travel their gear across the country for a game.. Seems like that would be a major hassle. And how long of trip is it, do they arrive 2 days early, a day early, leave right after the game, try and make it an educational experience? 

51 minutes ago, DT said:

Check out some of the cross country matchups in below story.

Well heeled alumni are likely footing the bill for these expensive road trips.

Nonetheless - is a good idea?

For an opening night, this slate of games will be as good as any for the rest of the season. Eleven ranked teams are featured and four games include Top 25 matchups. 

St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) travels to the West Coast to play De La Salle (Concord, Calif.) in our game of the week. The last time these two played was in 2011 and Joey Bosa led the Raiders to a dominant 30-6 win. 

The three other Top 25 games feature No. 1 Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) hosting No. 12 Corona Centennial (Corona, Calif.), No. 2 St. Frances Academy (Baltimore) traveling to South Florida to face No. 9 Miami Central (Miami) and No. 21 DeMatha (Hyattsville, Md.) heads to Southern California in a big-time matchup vs. No. 3 St. John Bosco (Bellflower, Calif.). 

Some places have a different perspective on travel than Indiana. Pahrump Valley HS is traveling 425 miles to Winnemucca for a football game. If flying out of State is quicker than a bus ride, why not do it?

If you're goin' to Winnamucca, Mac, with me you can ride. And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside
He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand
And I said, "Listen, I've traveled every road in this here land"